Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

So the 101 is not legal for the TCS 2013 season. Good to know.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
No its legal, just not usable with the offroad front ride height taller than you can make the rear.

I just wish Tamiya had made it public their new car wasn't compatible with their race program before i bought it.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by David J.

Because the TRF101 is so new and has an unknown differential in performance to the F104, its legality in the TCS series is on hold for the remaining 2013 regional events including the Finals and will be reviewed for 2014 season. We will have a better understanding of how the chassis performs in relation to the F104 line and can proceed appropriately.
Originally Posted by mtveten
No its legal, just not usable with the offroad front ride height taller than you can make the rear.

I just wish Tamiya had made it public their new car wasn't compatible with their race program before i bought it.
This looks like David J. is saying it's not legal/on hold for the remaining 2013 season and being reviewed for 2014
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If it can't be raced, how are they going to compare and review it's performance vs. the 104 to determine it's eligibility to be raced? I love TCS!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Wink

This is not the first chassis to be released in the middle of the season and my question would be, with the similarities to the v2 and the amount of development time that guys have with the v2, is the 101 really going to be that big on an advantage?
I'm going to be a bit blunt in saying that by shutting the 101 out of TCS Tamiya is really running the risk of hurting F1. People aren't going to buy a V2 knowing that the 101 is out there and likewise 101 sales won't boom if there is nowhere to race it.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
This is not the first chassis to be released in the middle of the season and my question would be, with the similarities to the v2 and the amount of development time that guys have with the v2, is the 101 really going to be that big on an advantage?
I'm going to be a bit blunt in saying that by shutting the 101 out of TCS Tamiya is really running the risk of hurting F1. People aren't going to buy a V2 knowing that the 101 is out there and likewise 101 sales won't boom if there is nowhere to race it.
You do know you can race an F1 at other races other then the TCS. We have club racing and F1 is getting huge at my track. Plus plenty of guys who are going to race in the tcs already have an F1 that they love and I'm sure they will get the new F1 no matter if they can run in this year or not a aa tcs event. Just sayin.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TonyD.
You do know you can race an F1 at other races other then the TCS. We have club racing and F1 is getting huge at my track. Plus plenty of guys who are going to race in the tcs already have an F1 that they love and I'm sure they will get the new F1 no matter if they can run in this year or not a aa tcs event. Just sayin.
Yes tony I am aware of this. My point is that it's not a wise marketing move to hype a new chassis and then keep it out of their own series. I have run f1 since 1989, and I will most likely get the 101, but I know of many that have already bought or committed to buy the 101 with the intention of using it in TCS. It is similar to those that bought the FF03's and had the rug yanked out from under them. If this keeps happening you will see TCS dwindle, numbers are already down from the prime years, and f1 has been a roller coaster throughout history. It's not a dig at TAMIYA, they make great products and put on a great series, they need to take a look at what the customers are doing and how they are buying.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yes tony I am aware of this. My point is that it's not a wise marketing move to hype a new chassis and then keep it out of their own series. I have run f1 since 1989, and I will most likely get the 101, but I know of many that have already bought or committed to buy the 101 with the intention of using it in TCS. It is similar to those that bought the FF03's and had the rug yanked out from under them. If this keeps happening you will see TCS dwindle, numbers are already down from the prime years, and f1 has been a roller coaster throughout history. It's not a dig at TAMIYA, they make great products and put on a great series, they need to take a look at what the customers are doing and how they are buying.
I didn't mean to come off harsh. I see your point, and I wonder why companys do that type of thing.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TonyD.
I didn't mean to come off harsh. I see your point, and I wonder why companys do that type of thing.
You weren't being harsh, and I wasn't trying to be either, just frustrating to have a new product out on the market and the one place where it should be competing it isn't allowed
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Gotta be thinkin that the Tamiya guys wouldn't wanna snub the F1s that already exist by throwin a new car that may be an advantage out there and then have the "oldies" not wanna run.
However, the V2 was allowed last year but wasn't dominant. Had it been out longer and not shown to be a must have at the time?
I'm stickin with the F60/X1 conversion for now, plenty good
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I know the largest change with the new 101 is the front end. Maybe Tamiya will allow the new car using the standard 104 front?
I am still going to get the car despite, because I love F1. I will run it on a weekly basis, and just have it dialed in for next season. I am disappointed it will not be legal to finish off the 2013 season, but what can you do?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Gotta be thinkin that the Tamiya guys wouldn't wanna snub the F1s that already exist by throwin a new car that may be an advantage out there and then have the "oldies" not wanna run.
However, the V2 was allowed last year but wasn't dominant. Had it been out longer and not shown to be a must have at the time?
I'm stickin with the F60/X1 conversion for now, plenty good
Exactly what I am thinking Cuda, I understand not wanting to upset the guys that have spent the time to figure out the V2 and earlier cars, but there is a whole 'nother crowd that has spent on the 101 and will spend again on the next big release, but maybe not if they get burned. Remember the 414X was not allowed to run in TCS, and it has not been confirmed that the 101 will for sure be legal for next season
Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Impossible?

Originally Posted by David J.
Sorry, it is not legal to drill holes in the chassis for any reason, unless it's specified to do so in the manual or hop-up manual.
Because the TRF101 is so new and has an unknown differential in performance to the F104, its legality in the TCS series is on hold for the remaining 2013 regional events including the Finals and will be reviewed for 2014 season. We will have a better understanding of how the chassis performs in relation to the F104 line and can proceed appropriately.
No, it is not legal to create a “hybrid” in TCS. A hybrid is creating something that does not exist in the form of a kit or specified option.
No, it is not legal. It must be a specified tuning option/adjustment in the manual or setting sheet.
The rear portion where the suspension mounts is a different height between the one found on the TRF101 and the F104 and at this time, the use of the F104 mounts is not specified as an option for the TRF101 so it would not be allowed.
So (for the rest of 2013) Tamiya's F1 101 TRF is TCS illegal!

Again... TRF is TCS illegal (looks so )

Does America have this distinguished singularity? Or is it extended to Europe and Japan? (for 2013)?

Man, the high brass at Tamiya Japan really put our Tamiya local executives / friends in a tight spot

To all the dudes that already got the kit, my deepest sympathy (well let's look at it on the bright side - it is the least expensive TRF kit you can buy... )

Cheers?

Last edited by HeliYogi; 06-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 21.5 brushless motor

What is the best 21.5 brushless to buy? I want to race GT3.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

It is similar to those that bought the FF03's and had the rug yanked out from under them. If this keeps happening you will see TCS dwindle, numbers are already down from the prime years, and f1 has been a roller coaster throughout history.
It will keep happening because it ALWAYS happens... it's the Tamiya USA way. Lets just enjoy the last 5 or 6 years before TCS ends (looking around, there are not alot of new racers) It seems inevitable after seeing Canada TCS shut down this year.

Dish wheels, no dish wheels. Premounts, make your own premounts. F104GT no F104GT. M04 no M04. FF03 bye bye FF03. Tamiya wing, no Tamiya wing.

I believe TRF would have been legal this year for the finals (like last year with the 104v2) but too many people showed concern.

If people had not started asking questions (because of the hype) The Tamiya locals would have started switching to the new car and racing them all together and the TRF would have been legal.

There was great hype with the 101 since F1 is growing fast. I believe David had to voice a ruling based on the concerns of the F1 crowd.
I was almost going to bet $1 that the ruling would change before the TCS finals but it doesn't look that way anymore.

I pretty sure Tamiya USA calls their own shots in concerns of rules for TCS. Japan TCS has their own thing going on. Their rules are very different.

Last edited by Markus; 06-24-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.