Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Hobby Hangar Raceway For Nitro And Electric Racers >

Hobby Hangar Raceway For Nitro And Electric Racers

Hobby Hangar Raceway For Nitro And Electric Racers

Old 05-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mike,

I'll try to get there around 8:45 - 9"15. Call me otherwise.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Big C just an able body we will have the tools for you to use. the directions to the race site is 50 west about 7 traffic lights to southriding blvd turn right. go up southriding blvd and you will see a church on the left hand side that is where we will be.

for any guys that may show up late to help check inside the hobby shop to see where we may be. We were thinking on going over to the old lowes store to do the track as it has a small covered area. Remember we will meet at the shop between 8:30 and 9:00 am rain or shine to get the track done at least. I'll bring the coffee
Old 05-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up What a day!

Well, here are some of the photo that was taken at the site.

We had 5-6 Nitro and 3 Electric cars running around.

The location was the ideal of an outdoor racing. Food Lion, Starbucks, chinese food, Sub way... wow... What else can the racers ask for??

The traction was really good even on the wet asphalt, but as the day went by... The traction really came up to life

Old 05-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Be there!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

how long did it take u guys to finsh the track ?
Old 05-18-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by THeGame
how long did it take u guys to finsh the track ?
Took about 2 hours. Because it was a first time there and we need to lay down the pipe and cut some pipe and figuring out the plan.

When the real racing start in the next two week.. Hopefully we can nail it down to 30~45min. Mark S already marked the section. So it should help speed thing up.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

YEA!!!!

I did not bother comming as it rained at my place all day yesterday!! GRRRRRRRRR. But I will be there next Saturday.

Looking good guys.

If you need help with setting up the track let me know what time I should be there

Old 05-18-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, Is there power?
Old 05-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

OH! what it day yesterday Talk about having fun just getting things up and running I would like to thank my team mate's Arvin,Stokes, Komkit, Dave, Brent and Mark!!!! Great job guy's!!!!!!!! I would like to also thank everyone that showed up to help with the track constrution without your help it would have taken much longer and would have been less fun. Your efforts will be rewarded Props go out to Nelly! well just for being Nelly your just good people Nelly And last

Well next week we will be off due to the holiday. The next race will be Saturday the 31st. We identified some minor problems yesterday and will have those fixed by the next time we meet. That will make for some good rac'in The track layout is a good compramise of fast and techinal. It wont be too much for the beginner that they wont want to come out, but at the same time will offer enough to the experenced driver. With the track being 150x80 its very well suited for Nitro and Electric alike And I encourage and challenge all to come out and have a fun filled day of racing and friendship. We will be putting together some trophy races and a fund raiser for the church that is letting us use thier lot!!!! That money will come in hand for them as they have not broken ground for the building yet. So stay tuned for details. Also I will be in contact with other track promoters to combind resources to bring a traveling points series. While this is in the infant stages I cannot promise at this time that it will happen, but this is something I am excited about I am hoping that we can come together to make this happen as it would bring all the best compititon together while promoting the best tracks in the area STAY TUNED

Also at Hobby Hangar Speedway we will be trying to promote a weekly points racing series for the racers that just want to race here. We will have a 10 years of age and under class. In the hopes of bringing new talent to the hobby. We will be also having all the other classes mod electric, stock electric, Sportsman Nitro, Open Nitro, heck the track is big enough and with 15ft lanes we can open a 235mm and 1/8th scale class if racers show up to run them.

for the people that only own trucks bring them out the more the better All we need is at least 3 or 4 racers to open a class.

If there are any questions feel free to post them here and the team will make every effort to answer them for you.

Together we can make this the best summer of racing in the VA, MD, Metro area

Thanks
Jimmy
Old 05-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Superbike Whats up dude Yes we will have power for all the electric guys You need to come out in two weeks and play. Call me when you get the chance

later gator
Old 05-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

How do you plan on supplying power? Should I bring an extension cord??? I just need a spot to plug in my Ungar, everything else is 12V.

C
Old 05-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

mike5009
i still have the starer box all you need is the gell cell battery
Old 05-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Big C
How do you plan on supplying power? Should I bring an extension cord??? I just need a spot to plug in my Ungar, everything else is 12V.

C
Big C, yeah - we got 2600watts Gas Gen. I don't think that should be a problem. But will have to wait and see.

I my self probably tailgating from the Van, I have to make sure start up the engine once in awhile before I turn the Van into a push-mobile. I have a 150Watts invertor, should be enough for 2 soldering iorn.

You can pit under - I mean, next to my bench
Old 05-19-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe I'll let you setup next to my new 8x8 Ez-up after all.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Mike,

If you get a chance, e-mail me. I'd like to talk about a few things that you mentioned above.

Also, I don't get to do a lot of racing at our track becuase things are very busy on race-day. You guys race on Saturday, and I'd love to come out some time.

How do you qualify? Will I need a personal transponder?

Ted
[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.