Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California Style On Road Track in Delaware

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Happy to see you and Greg out at the track, Latif. You guys have to come out more regularly. Not many racers in this hobby have the enthusiasm and insight for the hobby like you guys. Your presence is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Earlier I reported to you all that we produced 69 entries. After reviewing and counting on my fingers I came up with 62. Don't know why, the race director and his assistant told me it was 69, maybe they pulled names of some who dropped out of the event. Anyway, those that attended still appeared to enjoy their time at the event.

One of the things I found very refreshing was that there were many names of entrants that I had never seen before and never at the G Force race track. This is an indication the word is starting to spread far and wide of what the Blue Diamond facility has to offer.

Both the 1/8th and 1/10th nitro touring classes had large increases in participation. Nitro touring actually had 4 heats of qualifying and 1/8th had 2. Electric touring had 2 heats. These are significant numbers.

The results in one class show "monster truck". That actually, was my "RWB" (run watcha' brung) class. This class was the highlight of the day for me. If my memory serves me correctly we had a 1/8th nitro truggy, several 1/18th nitro monster trucks, 3 or 4 1/18th micro trucks, a vintage 1980's 1/10th 6 cell pan car (driven by me), a 1/10th 4 cell oval pan car and a 1/12th 4 cell pan car. What a diversified collection of vehicles. It'll never work,,,,,right???? Well, it's not supposed to work,,,,,,but, it's supposed to be entertaining. And it was, for both drivers and especially for spectators. The funniest part was when I found my car being utilized as a jumping ramp on the starting grid by the little micro trucks. The GTP body I was running was at the perfect angle for the pesky little buggars to ride up the front, throttle up and over the back of my car. It actually looked like a "conga line" of cars as they lined up to take their turn. Well, I ended that when I stepped on the gas with one on the roof of my car and balanced it almost all the way down the front straight!!!! Ironically, the guy who out distanced or is it survived, that class was none other then Troy Kosinski with his 1/12th 4 cell pan car.

Congrats to all the winners Troy (Mike Ivy qualified the car, when they changed drivers in "mid stream", My self in electric touring with a Ivy prepared ole' skol' Xray car, Drew Cat in 1/18th. First time at our track. Jaime Corrado, also first time at our track.

I could go on and on (like I have not already done that,,,,,right?), but in closing I have one request. There were many people who attended and I made a request for all to post on these threads their thoughts from the day. Many of you have, many have not. This is not for the facility to gather compliments, is is so we can figure out how we can better serve you!!!!
If you know anyone who has not posted here, please contact them and have them post or PM me. This is more like a survey, our report card so to speak. A number of you have already posted suggestions (pelico, Drew Car, Paulie Bee), so anyone who has not please do so. We can't read minds, want something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tell us and we'll see what we can do.

Also, for those of you who are not familiar, be on the lookout for more of events like this that I do.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Photos and the results!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spurcheck
so we can figure out how we can better serve you!!!!
Closer parking would be awesome. Take down the fence that runs along the side of the track where we all had our canopies and clear a path that we can pull our cars up to the track.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rossb
Closer parking would be awesome. Take down the fence that runs along the side of the track where we all had our canopies and clear a path that we can pull our cars up to the track.
Thanks for the feedback rossb. be aware, that fence was just put up about 2 weeks ago primarily for security reasons. I am sure they spent a good amount of $$$$ to get it put up. Long story short (now, you know if its' my story, it won't be short). Prior to the fence being put up, on the weekend of an event, John came to the track only to find that the track surface and barriers had been vandalized by some dirt bikers. It took him about 6 hours to pressure wash the surfaces and repair the barriers. That's why the blue areas have a brownish hue to them. So the decision was made to find a way of securing the area,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hence the fence.

I do however have a possible solution to the pain of carting our stuff. As I indicated earlier, bring a hand truck!!!! Another, is the usage of a large cart or several that the guys could use to move their stuff from the gate to their chosen pit areas, then put the cart back at the gate for the next person to use.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys,
though this video is not from this event, it is however from this track. Figured I would put it here for you to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFZG9GJh7k
Old 08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

I can help with the questions about parking. The original plan was to have on road parking up by the BMX track. Don and John have been very busy working this area. The On road track has to have that fence there. On Saturdays, the off road track is a very busy place. Where your cars were parked was the pit area for off road. There has to be a defined area for parking and pitting. John does not want (and I don't blame him) to have the off road guys coming up to the on road track and mudding the place up. Better parking is on the way.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Jaime you got PM
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GUINT1
HEY GUYS
My first time here at this track and i had a blast.
I will come again and bring more guys from NY.
Also i would like to add that your racing program ran very well.
Thanks for all the fun.
Will anyone be posting the final race results for 1/8 and touring car 1/10 nitro
You got pm!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speedy-Xray-T2
Thanks for the Photos and the results!
You got pm!!!