Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 Turn Class at the Nats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 10:56 AM
Company Representative

Default 19 Turn Class at the Nats?

Who's for it? Who's against it? It was a big hit at the off road mod nats so should ROAR add this class at its other Nationals? How could we keep the factory guys out? I'm open for comments and suggestions.

Mike Mayberry/ROAR sec/tres.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

19 turn is a blast! The thrill of mod with the cost of stock. Almost like Ultra-Stock. Just make it open to anyone that isn't sponsored- the sponsored guys would rather be in Open Mod I'm sure any ways....
Old 11-29-2001, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would the 19-Turn class be in addition to or replacing the Pro-Stock class?
Old 11-29-2001, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Very fun class. I'm all for it. Faster than stock for a full five minutes. And i agree about the non-sponsored participation.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Company Representative

Tony- ROAR has no "Pro" Stock class like NORRCA. I would classify it more like a "Sportsman" Modified class.

Mike.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

That's actually what we call it here when we sign up- Sportsman Mod. I think Spec-Mod is appropriate.
Old 11-30-2001, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

This new 19turn class is a big disapointment to me...

Lets start a whole new class thats gona need its own motor,..
Is`nt that what stock is for ......

This is just a bad attemp at beefing up atendance for the Roar mod nats ...
Its gona be done at the expence of the Stock Nats....(they will be hit the worst)...

This is one big bad idea,Why not just include stock in the mod Nats program again , and bring all of us together again.

I myself have no plans in attending any Roar National events this year...I will be attending non-saction events that include the fast guys & the stock class all in one show...This way I can race a class that I can win & enjoy watching fast racing (Pro`s) without having to go to two seperate races = Big $$$ savings for me.....

Tell T. Rex this is gona kill us even more than when we seperated the Mod racers from the Stock guys.....

Please, stop this, we will approve it if you build it crap!!!!

Sign, The Wild Cherry
Old 11-30-2001, 10:16 AM
Company Representative

W.C.- First of all... this is just a query by myself to determine if there is any potential for such a class, T.Rex has nothing to do with this. It is my goal to help the future of the sport grow and feel there is potential with this idea.

Did you know the there was a 19-turn class at this year’s mod nats and it was very successful? All it did was add to the event, not detract from another. The reason the stock and mod nats are separate is because there are enough entries to make up two events.

The reason I suggest this is that many people are tired of stock and want to jump to mod, but going from 27 to 10 turns is a big leap. Many cannot handle the power. A 19-turn class is the perfect medium and reduces the cost and skill level needed. I feel this would benefit the mid level drivers that don't want to compete with the big boys.

I appreciate your input; I'll put you down as a no vote!

Mike.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
.....The reason I suggest this is that many people are tired of stock and want to jump to mod, but going from 27 to 10 turns is a big leap. Many cannot handle the power. A 19-turn class is the perfect medium and reduces the cost and skill level needed......

That is the #1 reason why we run it locally. And on occassion we get some of the local fast-guys to join in have fun, while giving eachother a run for the money. Sorta levels the playing field.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

Why not just run a 19 turn in mod ...If you can`t handle the power, use a 19 turn & have fun,thats why mod is the true stock class,power is never a issue.. You can go fast enought with 19 turn to be competitive in the mod class already...

Mike , national addendance has been going down ever sence we seperated Mod from Stock , a fact !!

This 19 turn stuff will improve Mod nats turnouts,,, but at the expense of the Stock National program...

Why sould I spend all my money at a Stock Nats & get no way near competition compared to this new Mod program...
This 19 turn class gives me very little incentive to attend a stock national again... Cus I can run with the big boys at mod & race basically stock again with my new 19 turn motor....

If Roars needs to create a new 19 turn class it sould be called the super stock class & run it with the Stock Nats program,than you could have more racers attending Nats with out sacrificing the Stock program...

Sorry for sounding like I am bashing this 19 turn class, all I really trying to do is defend the stock nationals.......

Love yea work Mike , I know it gona pay off big time....
Old 12-03-2001, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

IMHO- I can handle the power of open Mod. I can't handle the cost. I can just about get 2 chameleons for the price of one p-94. I can run the same stock brushes as my stock motors so that means I can buy in bulk. I can run well used batteries and finish strong with the Chameleon, with open Mod you need to keep cycling new battery packs into your arsenal because your old ones lose run time and you finish weak in a 5 minute race. With the economy being as uncertain as it is all this makes perfect sense for my (and most) wallets. And lets be realistic- nobody in their right mind wants to run an open mod class with a machined wound 19turn. That's like running a 19spec against the stock racers- It's really not right.
At the tracks here in SoCal there are VERY FEW mod racers running anymore and the two tracks I run at here in San Diego had pretty much zero mod turn out until we started the 19turn class. If anything spec mod has saved Modified from disappering altogether and didn't harm stock because you can afford to run stock and mod which most spec mod guys here do...It's just one of those things where people want to go fast CHEAPLY and stock just doesn't feel as fast anymore...
Old 12-03-2001, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What would really grow the sport or hobby is the manufactures sponsoring their own race series tied to retail. The main reason the manufacturers run the nats is to qualify for the worlds. Winning the worlds doesnt really mean you sell more kits.

As for the 19t class; yes it is another way to run, but another set of costs.

I am curious to see if/how club races begin to start implementing the 10 turn rule. Meanwhile, trying to find something to do with all of the 8t and 9t motors that I just purchased.

Should santioning bodies allow products to be approved if they later pass legislation that does not allow there use. Seems kind of hokie to me.
Old 12-03-2001, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Isn't that a conflict of interest??
Old 12-03-2001, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The manufactures are the experts. It is not out of the norm to have representatives from the leading companies to develop standards and practices for marketplaces.

It happens in many industries; entertainment, consumer electronics, etc...
Old 12-29-2001, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

i whole heartedly agree about using a 19t class for national and regional level as well. as a hobby shop owner and racer i agree that the 19t class would do very well. we run a 19t class here in virginia and it is a nice compromise between open mod (very exspensive) and stock.for us it is not a question of can we handle the power of an 8 turn is it as can we afford it. if we want to keep racers interested in racing,in any form of r/c racing, this is a must.another point of offering a 19t class even at the club level, is keeping more experienced drivers out of stock so the same drivers are not in the a-main every. we did that this year at our track, and it worked very well,now we get a better turnout for stock and 19t,so the more inexperienced drivers will come out and feel that they have a chance to compete,that's all they want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.