2007 TCS WARMUP (Glen Burnie, MD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 TCS WARMUP (Glen Burnie, MD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Exclamation 2007 TCS WARMUP (Glen Burnie, MD)

HobbyTown USA of Glen Burnie MD is planning to hold a TCS Warmup on July 14th 2007 for HobbyWorks of Laurel MD's July 15th 2007 TCS.

The race will be held in the parking lot at HobbyTown USA in Glen Burnie MD on the Saturday night before the Laurel TCS. Normal race fees will apply.

A large group of out-of-town racers have shown an interest in finding a place to race and have fun the night before the Laurel TCS. We are holding a non-points race night, and look to have fun mixing it up with all the Tamiya cars.

Weekly club racing usually pulls a pretty competitive Mini Cooper class, so it will be cool to see how our local Coopers stack up against some of the Nation's best.

Thanks to all the racers that have shown an interest in racing with us so far
Old 05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

punkboy, this is good news for Laurel TCS guys. Normally we sit in our hotel rooms and bench race on the saturday before TCS, so the idea of getting out and racing just down the road in Glen Burnie sounds great to me.....

What time usually, is the track set up and what time do you start racing?

Would there be separate TCS-style classes, or just mix-'em in with the big boys?

Is power available in the parking lot, or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks for posting this and I'll start spreading the word....

bruce
Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Bruce I know its only seventeen miles to Laurel from G/B and I think Rob did say there will be separate races for tamiya car , But I guess if thats enought tamiya car show . He'll answer that one . They do get 8 / 9 minis each week at the club race ! Hope to see u there , Hope your arms are not to tired !!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys,

People usually start rolling in around noon or so to get pit spaces set up, and sorta shoot the breeze before the action starts. The track is usually up by around 1-1:30 depending on how much help we get, and practice goes right up to about 3:45. Racing starts at 4.

I wanna leave the class seperation up to the TCS guys. If you want to run a seperate TCS class we can do that. If you want to mix it up with the other stock touring cars thats fine too. I was planning on voting that night on how you guys wish to race, but if I can get a good enough idea on here before then that will make things easier.

Unfortunately we do not have power. You may need to bring a generator, or we do have racers that I'm sure will share some power if bringing one isn't possible.

Again, thanks for the interest and questions. See you there!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sweet! I'll be there. GT1 and GT2 for me once again this year. Good to hear there will be a race on Saturday. Makes the weekend much fuller... See yall then..
Old 05-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Whats up Jimmy! I like this idea too. Not gonna run much this summer, but I was planning on Laurel. Ill talk to ya soon, prob. make it to GB in a couple more weeks. Later......
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply, punkboy.....

See you on 7/14!!

bruce
Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What time will the mains run? It will be getting dark by then......
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Yes. Mains have been run under the lights lately, but as the days get longer we may have the sun around a little longer that weekend. Its pretty cool to race the cars under the lights because they look like they're going a lot faster. We do have more lighting this year than we have in years past thanks to the Sheckells donating the extra lights placed next to the drivers' stand.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Will the parking lot be repaved, painted, and will concrete berming be added to enhance my TCS racing experience?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think I can answer that one. No, no and no. It wouldn't do you any good racing on that kind of surface if your trying to get a warm-up for Laurel.

The concrete berms are a good idea though. Only if we can convince the owner of the parking lot that they are "abstract speed bumps"
Old 05-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by killingtime
I think I can answer that one. No, no and no. It wouldn't do you any good racing on that kind of surface if your trying to get a warm-up for Laurel.

The concrete berms are a good idea though. Only if we can convince the owner of the parking lot that they are "abstract speed bumps"
I guess I can live with that. Just as long as the concession stand doesn't run out of autographed Robbie Dodge bobble-heads this time.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

I thought I had autographed one for you already...hmmm.

Hey - I saw that HobbyTown has the M03-R in stock! That car looks NICE! Made me wanna get my cooper out of retirement and run it again. I guess I'll have to bring mine that weekend. Maybe we can get the "X-Men" to race theirs that weekend too...
Old 05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by killingtime
Yeah, you know -- I didn't think about it like that......

Maybe we should sit in our hotel rooms and do nothing on sat nite.

NOT
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Sweet! I'll be there. GT1 and GT2 for me once again this year. Good to hear there will be a race on Saturday. Makes the weekend much fuller... See yall then..
I WILL BE THERE ALSO ON 7/14/07 TO RUN GT2 AND GT3, I ALSO WAS THINKING ABOUT COMING UP FROM RICHMOND TO RACE WITH YOU GUYS ONE OF THESE UP COMING SATURDAYS. CAN I PLUG INTO SOMEONES GENERATOR?? I WILL HELP WITH $$ FOR FUEL TO RUN THE GENERATOR!!
THX,
STEVE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.