Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raceday Hobbies Racing Team

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Darren

Thanks for the set-up post. Between the spool and one-way, I prefer the spool up front because I have more on-throttle steering. I usually start with a .5mm up front for long races. The track that I raced on had very good tire wear and I'd end up with the same diameter after 20-minute final. I do't know how it performs when the rear diameter is smaller than the front. I guess it could scrub some speed. I think Patto also mentioned in the G4s threat that when the rear becomes smaller than the front, the belts take a beating. Do you know what the droop settings were? Did you run a split?

Ben, welcome to the team. That's great that we'll have another G4s in the midwest series. You guys can help each other with car tuning, set-up, etc. Having another G4 racer certainly can help put you guys on the podium.

By the summer, I should be racing again. TIt's killing me not being able to race, and I see my G4s everyday in the garage just waiting to be put on the track. When ever I pass by it, I gotta give the suspension a push or spin the wheels. You guys probably do it too. For summer racing season, I plan to start with a new kit, ED trans, and a new IDM Evo3. I'll keep the older one for practice and as a platform to break-in engines, and back-up car.

-Don
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi All,

I have tried to load a set up sheet from Madrid, this is with a solid up front. The track was high grip, and the car was very easy to drive, tyre wear good.....
This is pretty much the same that I have used at the UK nationals too.

The ride height is set on the TM set up system, and the tension on the clutch nut is measured with the ridge on the retaining nut filed off.....

Good Luck.
Hey All,
Just looking at Darren's set-up.
Concerning the ride hight he ran. Can you Darren or anyone tell me what ride hight that would be on the tires that were ran (ie:58mm front/ 60mm rear)or a dimension from the set-up station to help as I don't have the TM set-up equipment.
Thanks.

Menace
Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Don,

With the ED I start with a 2mm split (I think its 1.6mm for perfect 50/50 drive), and with the set up posted at the last race (30 mins) still had a 1mm split at the end, so the car stays real consistent. And is SO easy to drive

The more the rears wear compared to the front, you just tend to get a car with more steering that wags its tail, and so wears them more !

If you dont run the ED, I always prefered the 26T front pulley so you can run 2.5mm smaller fronts.

The droop settings (as measured in manual) would be 3mm rear and 1mm front.

Menace, The TM gauges work out to a 66mm tyre (I think !) so for a 60mm rear tyre it would be 5mm ride height.

Good Luck.

Last edited by muppet racing; 05-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Howdy Darren, i see your using the K Factory tires now. how do you feel their performance and wear compared the the Jaco's you have run in the past ? i had got a few pairs earlier in the year, and probably went too soft. so now i have a good mixture of shores. id like to see how hard i can go with the shores before grip suffers. cheers.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Patto,

For me and that set up the best is 40R & 38F, wear is good front to rear and grip is very good too, I have run the same compunds at 2 nationals and at the GP, so they work in varying levels of grip. I think they are very good I have run 42R & 40F, but for our grip I prefer the 40 & 38.

I would always with any make of tyre, check the glue on the very edge of the tyre, and touch up with superglue if necessary.

Good luck.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Thank Darren all your help. I went over your last setup sheet and we were very close on setups. The last track I ran in Las Vegas kept changing so when you tried to keep up with it it would change before you set your car down. The wind and dust was that bad along with varying temps.

Most tracks here in the US have pretty good traction. So I usually run the same shore front and back. I haven't tried the Mugen sway bar here yet, but for most of our tracks I think I may get to much steer. Right now you need some on throttle to make circle turns. If you let up too much, I make the circle turn half circle and then 90 degrees! My car loves to turn. My rear bite is still excellent. So that setup is a good base.

The K Factory tires here in the States are becoming most good racers favorites. I just had a store call me for a K Factory Tire order because the racers coming to thier race this weekend wanted K Factory on the grounds available to them. He didn't give me the names of the racers but said they were some top drivers that were coming to this event that called with the request. I found the gluing on the tires to be good. However I check all tires for a firm even seal all around the edge of the tire.

Thanks again, I will email you soon about some private things I like to talk to you about. Right now I wish to say thanks to helping all of us on the Raceday Hobby team. We are growing with the addition of Ben Puterbaugh. I think I forgot to mention this forum to Ben.... ugh! But I will today!

Everyone have a great weekend and have fun Racing!

Sam
Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

here is the new shell for the State titles. hope you like it Sam .
Attached Thumbnails Raceday Hobbies Racing Team-newshell.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

There are some pictures of my G4+ on www.3hobby.net

Enjoy
Old 05-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, Good job with the team but i cant help noticing that there is an aussie in this forum and it looks like he is a part of the team is he or not? and i was also wondering if you need any more team members? PM me with the answer. Good work guys keep up the work
Old 05-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi,

There are some pictures of my G4+ on www.3hobby.net

Enjoy
that is a big improvement over the G4S. will the parts like shocks , arms and bulkheads be available seperatley ? and the plastic speed shot front brace ?
it would be great if they are. love the look of the new arms, and shocks.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tucker101
Hey guys, Good job with the team but i cant help noticing that there is an aussie in this forum and it looks like he is a part of the team is he or not? and i was also wondering if you need any more team members? PM me with the answer. Good work guys keep up the work
there is 1 Aussie, 1 englishman and 2 Americans, with more to follow
you seem very surprised more so about an Aussie ? why is that
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

I believe we have a couple of additions to the team now.........
Good additions I think.
I think Sam will be anouncing soon.
Tucker............. talk to Sam at Raceday. You never know

Menace
Old 05-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Lots of talk on the G4s thread concerning the plus.............

Patto........when do you race? Is it this weekend?
I see from your post on the G4 thread you think you may have sorted your two speed spurr stripping problems and your motor movement/ alignment probs too. Sounds like good work.

I think you may have something there. With the new ED system, all the adjustment on the motor (movement to-from the spurr) is taken up to get a mesh.

Best of luck.

Menace
Old 05-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Lots of talk on the G4s thread concerning the plus.............

Patto........when do you race? Is it this weekend?
I see from your post on the G4 thread you think you may have sorted your two speed spurr stripping problems and your motor movement/ alignment probs too. Sounds like good work.

I think you may have something there. With the new ED system, all the adjustment on the motor (movement to-from the spurr) is taken up to get a mesh.

Best of luck.

Menace
Hey Tony, im not racing this weekend. this weekend is Mothers day, so Family Sunday
but i must use this time wisely, as the next 3 weekends after that is full on racing. round 6, then SA state titles in Adelaide, then WA state titles the weekend after that. one race (round 6) to see if my probs are sorted. then i have 3 days to get organised and packed to Fly to Adelaide. there will be 10 min heats and 45 min final. then back on the plane on Monday, and get ready for Saturday/ sunday WA titles. another set of 10 min heats, and 45 min final. so 2 BIG races in a row. may stretch me a little, but so looking forward to it. so ill use this weekend to organise my parts, redo my 2 sets of spare shocks, and make all the mods to my spares so they just fit on with out any hassles. so Busy Busy
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Wow
Very bust time ahead!
It takes time to get organized for something like that. I don't know what kind of person you are Patto, layed back or what. But try not to rush too much. Let things come to you and let them happen.
Above all, enjoy yourself. You have a great opportunity to really learn and get into a racing 'groove'.

I wish you the very best Paul.
Will you be able to keep us updated as to how you are doing?

Another thing. You mensioned having three sets of shocks.
Are they already made up with different weights of oil in?
I get one set read with what I think I'll use. (Usually Losi 50WT)
One set softer(40WT) and two shocks harder.(60WT)

Is that what you do?

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.