See you on Sunday!
LATIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck
Looks like the "excuse factor" is down to 3 for you .

Excuse # 1, battery packs not in yet. Do not let that stop you, I will loan mine to you! So throw that one out the window.
I got a couple of spare 3800 packs that I can loan out for sunday

So Danny's busted there

I'll have my TC with me as well...NOw running it is a differently story
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Talking

O don't worry! I have two packs coming Thursday and I'll just break down two of my last years packs for practice! Technially, I actually had the car ready to roll two Sundays ago (Within reason). Just didnt' have the time to break two packs down solder them, or solder up a speedo. Looks like tonight will be the night this will get down. I'll post pictures later tonight of my "well doings" as proof!

By the way what is everyone running for tires? I picked up CRC procuts (No truing required!) in mangentas and I have a set of purples. (Non procuts, parma rims) I also snagged some Pinks and Mangentas and a gray rear tire. I hope one of these compounds will work. How about gearing? What works the best with say a 19t or a stock? (Stock being Monster of a Co27) (19t being a komodo or a checkpoint or even a C2)

What's ride height set at? 3mm or less?

Any special tricks tips on setting your rear pod up? I think that's the only problem I would have. Maybe a small bit on the front end.

Speaking of front end, what is your caster and degrees set at? How about the spring and center spring.

Heck I'll stop rambling, anybody have a set up there willing to send?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar
I got a couple of spare 3800 packs that I can loan out for sunday

So Danny's busted there

I'll have my TC with me as well...NOw running it is a differently story
Busted as ususal!

I'll have my sedan as well, tempted to run it, we'll see! Then again I hear Jeff's running, sounds even more tempting!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:41 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Speedy
O don't worry! I have two packs coming Thursday and I'll just break down two of my last years packs for practice! Technially, I actually had the car ready to roll two Sundays ago (Within reason). Just didnt' have the time to break two packs down solder them, or solder up a speedo. Looks like tonight will be the night this will get down. I'll post pictures later tonight of my "well doings" as proof!

By the way what is everyone running for tires? I picked up CRC procuts (No truing required!) in mangentas and I have a set of purples. (Non procuts, parma rims) I also snagged some Pinks and Mangentas and a gray rear tire. I hope one of these compounds will work. How about gearing? What works the best with say a 19t or a stock? (Stock being Monster of a Co27) (19t being a komodo or a checkpoint or even a C2)

What's ride height set at? 3mm or less?

Any special tricks tips on setting your rear pod up? I think that's the only problem I would have. Maybe a small bit on the front end.

Speaking of front end, what is your caster and degrees set at? How about the spring and center spring.

Heck I'll stop rambling, anybody have a set up there willing to send?
Man, you gots questions!

I gots answers!!! Here's a quote I copied from one of Mike Ivy's posts in regards to some of your questions. The info was early on in out winter season so the info may not be as current as you can get, but it will at least get you in the ballpark. So here it is!

Warm Welcome to the 1/12t forum

As for tire size it really varys depending on your budget for performance you can start off with a:

1.70 front and a 1.80 rear you can go as small as a 1.62 front and a 1.77 rear as well, though these two size would be the best in performance but the only draw back is that you will burn through tires quickly.

Now for longevity you could Try :

1.72 to a 1.80 front and a 1.82 rear to a 1.90 this setup in tires is still competitive you get more life out of your tires.

Ride hieght you want to keep it like this:

Pottbelly's 4mm front 4mm rear Pink rear Purple fronts

Horsham 3.5/4mm front 3.5mm/rear pink rear purple or double pink fronts which is a Magenta front

The reason why I brought up the budget thing is that tires can be very expensive and some of the racers budgets are kind of limited.

Now for bigger races you can go to a smaller tire that would be the best in performance.as for gearing you can try this:

Stock Co27 27 turn
Try: 31/96
19t Komodo
Try:33/96

10t
14*18* timing
27/28 100

9t
12* 14* timing
24/25/26 100

Keep in mind, the majority of our 1/12th interactions are on the sixfootiger site. Thnks to John Ceci, we have a dedicated area to address any and all items related to 1/12th. You can find us here http://www.sixfoottiger.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=47

There are places to post info you may find on the web pertinant to 1/12th, set up info questions and answers and just a "where you racing" section which is the most active thread. Feel free to stop in and check it out, lots of info to digest. See you Sunday morning.

No Apologies Racing, don't believe me, try me!!!!!
spurcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:48 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Jeff,

What classes are making up sedan? Is it 19t, stock or mod? I would love to run a mod on carpet but I doubt I can make that happen! I think I can get the speed out of me in 1/12 though!
Classes for touring?????????????? I will as always query the attendees and find out what they want to run and set the classes up based on their input. Probably 4 entries minimum to run a class so that marshalling duties won't be an issue. My "parties" are not dictated by what the hosting track normally runs, we the attendees will decide amongst ourselves. That's one of the luxuries we are afforded.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:55 AM   #22
Tech Master

Corradopsi,
I believe I have misunderstood an earlier post and improperly responded. My response was "I do not know who that is". I should have said " I do not know who you are". My error. Since I am not a Horsham regular, there are a number of racers who I have not meet, you are obviously one of them. Maybe see you Sunday. If not, I am sure we will "rub paint" at some point in the future!

Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Only 2 more days to the start of the Great Poorman's Snowbirds event

Time to get the stuff packed up and point the old automobile to horsham, pa

Can't wait, Jeff - really looking forward to running some more mod 12th scale
Old 02-09-2007, 02:54 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck
Corradopsi,
I believe I have misunderstood an earlier post and improperly responded. My response was "I do not know who that is". I should have said " I do not know who you are". My error. Since I am not a Horsham regular, there are a number of racers who I have not meet, you are obviously one of them. Maybe see you Sunday. If not, I am sure we will "rub paint" at some point in the future!
no harm, no foul. i dont think ill make it sunday. but im sure ill see you the next time your "traveling circus" makes it to horsham. i was there the last time you guys showed up. took me a while to put together who you were too. cuffs said you guys are more than welcome to come make a donation to his wallet again soon
Old 02-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #25
Tech Master

Ok guys, here is the plan.

First off, the race director called me to inform me that the prevoiusly scheduled "rent a ride" birthday party had been cancelled so we won't have to work around that situation. Sad, because I had some stuff planned just for the occasion.

Doors open at 8am

Sign ups end at 10:30am. If you are not signed up by that time you may not get an opportunity to run in round #1 of the qualifiers!

Drivers meeting at 11am.

First qualifying heat goes off at 11:30am.

The classes will be decided by you, the participants, so think of what you would like to run as your primary choice and also plan for a secondary class just in case your first choice does not pan out.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
Tech Master

And what a party it was!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering there is no interest in running on a Sunday, I would say 43 entries ain't too sabby. Our little 1/12th get togethers are certainly no laughing matter with 28 of the 43 entered. And what a mixture of skill levels we had. So much that we were once again able to actually have a stock, 19 turn and open modified classes! For those of you who may not have known it, we even had a national champion umongst us on that Sunday. First time I have seen him run a 1/12th car in some years. It was none other than Gordie Biedler Trinity Street Spec champion from the mid 90's. He heard of the fun we were having and decided to join in, he was not disappointed. Thanks for joining us Gordie.

One for he funniest moments of the day unfortunately came on the heals of a bad situation for one of the attendees. It was during the running of the mod A main, my buddy "Flyin' " Ryan (or should that be "Fryin' ") D, was heard to say "why is it my car that always catches on fire"???? Yep, once again a slight "inceneration incident" occured at the party. The race director was yelling "fire on the track" as we were all trying to drive thru the thick plumes of smoke (I am just exaggerating here, it was just some undersized speedo wiring Ryan used, that 10 turn needed some bigger stuff).

We got the opportunity to utilize the infamous "BQ helmet" for the mod 1/12th class. Initially, I thought I had earned the opportunity to brandish the "heavy hardware" but instead it was none other than Kaybo who beat out Tom "the fast to punt you off the track" Lane (or so says Ceci, anyway). Yes, Kaybo was a good sport and wore it as long as his neck muscles could stand it.

Local fast guy and always supportive person Fred Perkins experienced a fire at the garage on his residence the day before. He and his son Tyler were so dedicated and determined to come out to play with us that they still attended. As a small token of our appreciation for coming out I took up a collection and we as a collective group showed our love for him to the amount of $100 plus. It in no way could even remotely get close to his losses but, as part of our family, it showed we care.

This was also one of my notable situations of the day. The return of Latif and Greg Sharpe. I have been talking off and on to these guys and telling them of the fun we have been having. They finally took the time to come out to join in and I think they are glad they did. I especially enjoyed when "the master announcer" Latif, grabbed the microphone and got the crowd all "amped up", in only the way he can, Thanks Latif!

The event ran on time as all my events do and was concluded by 6pm. More on the race report (that's right, we did race too, didn't we???) coming soon.

Also, info on the return of the 2nd annual Etown posse RC family reunion.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
Tech Master

And now to the race report.

first and foremost I want to thank Mr. David Young Sr. and Jr. for allowing me to bring my party to their establishment. All the Horsham crew Terry, Zak and Travis helped make up feel comfortable. Terry was very flexible to my "quirky" requests, thanks.

I failed to acknowledge another attendee who has been absent from the RC scene and decided to attend our party. None other than Rudy "Dots" Diaz. he did not have a 1/12th car, but we won't hold it against him at this point.

Stock touring;
This class had a good mixture of drivers. The man to beat was none other than local "young gun" George Jiruska. His qualifying time was a lap better than the second qualifier (JP Davis) and as it turned out happened to be the best he had ever run. He was so excited. Maybe we brought him some good luck. the tightest race was between "young" Harri Billmers and Tyler Shane who finished 4th and 5th 10 seconds apart. The final order was George in first with a 23 lap run. JP second with a 22 lap run. Orlando in 3rd with 21 laps. Harri with 18 laps in 5:01. Tyler with 18 laps in 5:11. And rounding out the field was Bob Billmers with 15 laps.

19 turn touring;
The man to best was David Young. He was clearly head and shoulders above all other competitors with a 26 lap run. If I am not mistaken he was a full 2 laps above the 2nd qualifying driver,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just flat out dominant! David set a torid pace and not one driver was even close. He was so far out front that at the request of he race director, he actually waited up for the 2nd place car (Zack Repp). Speaking of "Repp's", I heard there was a "Repp" in turn 3 as both Zack and Travis in their attempt to marshall a car collided, knocking them both unconsious (not really). Needless to say, the car that needed to be marshalled had to be marshalled by someone else! (Back to the race).This race had it's closest competition between David and Zack. The final order was David in 1st with 23 5:02. Zack in 2nd with 23 5:13. Myself in 3rd with 22 5:06. Troy Kosinsky in 4th with 20 5:07. Jim Piper in 5th with 18 4:56. Danny Pawling in 6th with 16 in 5:00. Fred Perkins DNFed for 7th 10 laps in 2:20. Rudy "Dots" Diaz DNFed in 8th 5 laps 1:13. No dots here, but the car still broke nonetheless, tough break. And Kevin Bojarski rounded out the field with a DNF as he was , shall we say "assisted from behind" by another driver within the first few laps of the event, ending his chances to finish. He finished with 3 laps in 0:55.

Stock 1/12th;
Another nice mix of driver skills. The man to beat in this one was Papo Swing! He went on to out distance all others by just flat outdriving them. His car was not the fastest but, was the most consistent. Final order Papo Swing in 1st with 33 laps in 8:02. 2nd place went to hard charging Anthony Fitzgibbons with 33 laps in 8:05. 3rd went to Steve Curlis with his new ride on a 26 lap run in 8:05. 4th was Bob Billmers just out running his son with a 26 lap 8:09 run. Harri Billmers came away 5th with 26 laps 8:15. Tyler Perkins DNFed for 6th with 22 laps 8:08. 7th was Chris Green who DNfed with 7 laps 1:55.

19 turn 1/12th,
Once again we had a driver who was just running at a pace no one else was at. This time it was Darren Howard. He was so fast in fact that his qualifying run of 39 laps would have placed him solidly in the modified A main if he were running in it. Finishing order was Howard 39 8:08. 2nd JP Davis 37 8:07. 3rd was Mike Sadeghi at 37 laps in 8:18. 4th was Ron Goetter with 29 laps in 8:11. 5th was Gordie Biedler with 26 laps in 6:23 on a DNF run. Tom Miller placed 6th on a DNF run, 21 laps in 6:35. Quinn Moon finished 7th on a DNF run (electrical problems I think) 2 laps 0:28. And David Young DNS.

Open 1/12th B main,
Today we got to use the imfamous "BQ helmet". I thought I was going to be the wearer of the official "RC dunce cap", but alas, my buddy Kaybo took the hit for me. Yes that's right he even out qualified Tom "the fast" Lane, who just never got up to his normal speed all day. There was much "dicing" back and forth. Final outcome was Tom Lane on first with 39 8:13, a run that would have landed him in the A main. 2nd was Troy Kosinsky with 35 8:09. 3rd was Kevin Bojarski with 35 8:18. Marius Achium aka akimoto finished in 4th with 27 laps in 8:14. 5th was John Ceci with 24 5:43 on a DNF run, incidental contact from what I understand. 6th was Mark Alspach on a DNF run with 12 laps in 5:20.

Open 1/12th A main,
Again, one driver clearly had the field covered in the qualifiers. But, it was clear that the other competitors were closing the gap. Mike Mulhern was the man to beat with 42 laps in qualifying. The main was to be different. Final order was Mulhern in 1st 41 laps in 8:00. Latif finished 2nd with 41 laps 8:12. Latif was just "knocking off the rust" from his layoff. 3rd was Scooby with 40 laps in 8:02. Mike Ivy was 4th with 40 laps in 8:14. myself in 5th 38 laps in 8:11.329 Dave Todd 6th 38 laps in 8:11.798, now that was close. Greg Sharpe DNFed 19 laps 3:51. And "burning up the back of the pack" was "Fryin' " Ryan D who "flamed out" early on with 7 laps in 1:29.

Whew, that's it,,,,,,,,,,,,,I must go for now.