Search

Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006

****** Updated 10/15/06 ********

News Flash: Tires (CS22, CS27 and RP30) will be available at the track for 30.00 for a set of 4, thanks to our good friends at Schumacher Racing. We will have CS22 (15 sets), CS27 (25 sets) and RP30 (10sets)

The Attachment has the entry form, directions and listing of hotels in the area.

You can register online now...

Just go to the following page and enter your information:

http://www.xtreme-rc-hobbies.com/modules/racereg/

Event: Big Chill

Dates: Nov 3, 4 and 5, parking lot, on-road only.

Classes:
Stock Sedan - Touring Body, Rubber Tire, Timing is locked, 27T motors and
the Novka 13.5 Brushless motor are legal.
Tamiya Mini - Tamiya TCS rules (See Tamyia TCS Rules, not ROAR)
19T Electric Sedan - Touring Body, Rubber Tire, Timing is locked.
Nitro Sportsman Sedan - .12 or RTR type, .15, Foam Tires
Electric Mod Sedan - Touring Bodies, Brush or Brushless, Rubber Tire, and
Lipos are allowed.
Nitro Expert Sedan - .12 only, Touring Body, Foam Tires

** Cars will be weighed and need to meet ROAR rules for weight.
** 4200s will be legal for this race.

Friday - track open for practice after 10:00am
Saturday - Qualifiers start at 11:00am (3 qualifiers)
Sunday - Mains Start at 11:00am

Qualifier 1 and 2 will be up to 15 cars per heat resort after each heat.
The 3rd qualifier and Mains are 10 cars per heat.
1 main

Electric - 5 mins for each heat
Nitro - 5 mins for the qualifiers, Sportsman 30 min main, Expert 1 hour main.

We will have trophies to hand out for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ, plus we will have a trophy girl(s)

The race track will be around 19 second per lap with 19T motor size. So a good mix for both Elec and Nitro.

If you are planning on coming to the race, please let me know, so I can start a list of people and classes.
You can send your entry information to: [email protected]

As we will have the computer system setup for Friday, you will get your times if you have a PT in your car.

************ 10/15/06 - Update **************
Here is some beta:
FDR:
CO27 6.2 to 6.7
Reedy 19T 5.1 - 5.5 ( I think the KO is the motor that you will need)

Stock - we think this will be on 32s or 27s
19T - we think this will be on 27s or .....22s
Mod - 22s.....

*** We will broadcast the PA system on FM 94.3. So you can either bring a radio for your pit area or use a walkman for the driver stand for you Nitro guys. (Yes, we will also have speakers out. This is something new we are trying.)

Thanks,
Barry
Attached Thumbnails Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-1scoringloop.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-2pitentry.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-3pitexit.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-4rightside.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Big_Chill_Entry Form.pdf (263.2 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by bvoltz; 10-23-2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

If you tell me your name, the class or classes, your PT number, and Radio setup, I will added it my sign up sheet, so I can get the names in the scoreing system.

You can send your entry information to: [email protected]

More Pictures here:
Attached Thumbnails Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-full-track-2111.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-full-track-2222.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-team.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-straight-way.jpg   Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-rolling.jpg  

Last edited by bvoltz; 10-18-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:52 AM

Hey Barry,

Me and eddie will most likely be there with maybe two others.

Danny
Beachamp
TEAMGPT
Old 08-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

1. Blake Stalans
2. Joe Stalans

Mod Sedan

Will be there if nothing happens.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

If you tell me your name, the class or classes, your PT number, and Radio setup, I will added it my sign up sheet, so I can get the names in the scoreing system.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Where in Miss.? Can you give me a town and zip so I can see how far it is to me?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

After many talks and e-mails... What do you guys think is better...

Class Suggestions:
Nitro Sportsman Sedan - .12 or RTR type, .15, Foam Tires
Tamiya Mini - Tamiya TCS rules
Electric Mod Sedan - Touring Bodies, Brush or Brushless, Rubber Tire
Nitro Expert Sedan - .12 only, Touring Body, Foam Tires

or

Class Suggestions:
Stock Electric Sedan - Touring Body, Rubber Tire, Timing is locked.
Tamiya Mini - Tamiya TCS rules
Nitro Sedan - .12 or RTR type, .15, Foam Tires
Electric Mod Sedan - Touring Bodies, Brush or Brushless, Rubber Tire

4200 are legal
Old 08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mongo
Where in Miss.? Can you give me a town and zip so I can see how far it is to me?
I currently working with the Baseball team here, to use their parking lot. As they do not have any games on these days, it is right off the expressway and about 10 hotels within 2 miles.

1 Braves Way
Pearl, MS 39208

Remember this is not a done deal....
Attached Thumbnails Big Chill - Jackson, MS - Nov. 4 2006-tracklocation3.jpg  
Old 08-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hope this materializes for you guys Barry. Best of luck! I won't be there since I am not running TC anymore but I think you may be on to something....

Jay
Old 08-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bvoltz,

This is a good idea and would be great if you can make it happen. But, something this big would have to have some kind a trophies or something better than just ribbons for winning the prescribed classes. Racers coming from places like Texas, Alabama, Memphis, etc, would want more of a reward than a elementary-school type ribbon for winning their class. You also might want to see if SCU would like to be the primary sponsor of the event. If you can pull this off, I will try to be there.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

We will have some thing for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ, I'm thinking a nice shirt that you can use week after week... Do you think this would work? We can go with trophies, but I really think people have enought of these, so what can the use...

Also I have MFG making commitments to prizes... already...

I assure you this event is backed by a LHS, if not all of them... We are working on the location (I want to see something close to the Hotels and expressway...)
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

If we add Stock to the event, what do you think if we allowed the new Novak BL 13.3 motor in Stock.. The current tests are showing this motor seems be equal to the 27T motors...

Again I'm asking....
Old 08-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You should check to see if Toastie can make you pitboards for the trophies. If he can't, I know someone else that can make pitboards for you. Now that is something that will last much longer than a tshirt prize.

As far as the new Novak 13.3, if it "is" equivalent to the 27t, 24 degree stock motor, then it should be allowed. However, lets wait for some testing to be done to see if it is the equivalent.

In the nitro touring sedan, you should have novice/sportsman and expert classes separate unless there is not enough participants in each to sign up. As I have learned at bigger races, mixing inexperienced with experienced drivers do not mix. Just keep us informed and don't forget to start thinking about a set date and start time of this event.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

From what I am hearing, Barry has made some good contacts on this event and they are very interested into making this event happen. I'm sure he will announce more as time goes by and things become more final. But if things kep going like they sound, this should turn out to be a nice/fun event!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
You should check to see if Toastie can make you pitboards for the trophies. If he can't, I know someone else that can make pitboards for you. Now that is something that will last much longer than a tshirt prize.

As far as the new Novak 13.3, if it "is" equivalent to the 27t, 24 degree stock motor, then it should be allowed. However, lets wait for some testing to be done to see if it is the equivalent.

In the nitro touring sedan, you should have novice/sportsman and expert classes separate unless there is not enough participants in each to sign up. As I have learned at bigger races, mixing inexperienced with experienced drivers do not mix. Just keep us informed and don't forget to start thinking about a set date and start time of this event.
I did send you guy and e-mail asking about his pit boards, but already have closed up the awards.... So we will have trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ, and maybe pit boards on top of that. It took me 15 mins. to have the awards done (a very big thanks to a good friend for stepping up on this one).

The classes... We are adding Stock Sedan to the race and we will have both Sportsman and Expert Nitro. We also have added Sunday to the schedule as sun set is at 5:08pm. So if we can get everything in on Saturday, we will do it. But if we have to, we can roll over to Sunday. On Sunday, we would start at 11:00am and run the mains, this should get everyone out by 3:00pm, for the people that have a drive.

Also a number of the manufactures are sending in prizes, once I have the flyer done and send to them, and I have the flyer done, just wanting on 100% for the track location. We are also planing on running at this location a couple of times before this races, so we can give the setups... and get the track layout down.

Believe me, when I tell you, if I get this location, pit space and track space will not be a problem.
More to come....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.