Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Revelation Raceway soon to be open again!!!! >

Revelation Raceway soon to be open again!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revelation Raceway soon to be open again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is Revelation re-opening as a club-deal rather than a business like it used to be?

And I do agree with Club tracks requiring a ROAR or NORRCA membership. It's needed to protect the club. If you're a business though, it's shooting yourself in the foot from a business standpoint since your goal is get as many people as possible to come. I just though Revelation was not a club.

Do you or anyone else know if they’re going to break up gas and electric or are they going with a Saturday blanket race day for the foreseeable future?
Old 11-12-2001, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Should be;
Novice- no ROAR/ Norrca membership (maybe except for Nitro )
All others - Roar OR Norrca membership gets you discounted entry.
My 2˘
Old 11-12-2001, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

MD > You going on Saturday? You still have those batteries available? I know its been a long time, but i have not seen you.
Old 11-12-2001, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looks like I will be there on Sat.

The batts are long gone.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Barring rain, I might show up too....hey Mark, whatcha gonna run???
Old 11-12-2001, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TP,

Why do you ask?

Are you bringing out a new nitro car to show off?????

Unless you are going to share, I'll be running stock/mod and maybe 1/10th Onroad.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

hahahah, I just called and I'm trying to work something out!!!!

Sean and I might go, but do we know for sure if it's gonna be racing??? Do they have power??? Tables??? Track not all f*cked up??? SOMEONE HELP ME HERE PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Revalation answers

to answer a few questions...

1. There is no longer a mini track in the back because the pallet company who owns the land occupies it now.

2. It is still a business, not a club race type track. The reason he requires ROAR is because liability insurance costs way too much now. When he first opened up, it was $3000 a year for this policy. It has continued to go up in price(one of the reasons for it's downfall) to $10,000 a year therefore, paying the ROAR track membership and having the racers be members of ROAR would definitely be more cost effective for him. I don't know what kinda policy Socal has, or if they even have one, but they obviously can afford it.

3. Right now, there will be no power. In Dec, hopefully Edison will turn it on..it is not the easiest thing to do when you have a bankruptsy record behind you. The stuff is there, they just have to turn it on.

4. As for now, All classes will be run on the same day. Running at night is too costly to run, but i think electric and nitro will be split eventually to SAturday,Sunday. The thing is, in order for this track to survive, people must go. i agree not everyone has a ROAR membership, but it helps everyone who runs races to know they are covered. Honestly...$30 is not gonna kill anyone!!! Seriously..how much do we spend on our cars? If more people were members, more people like the covina race place can open up and have it for all of you. It's not a big decision, just do it!!!

5. Dana does not plan on having a IFMAR worlds there. I guess he was guaranteed 160 entries and it was like half that...he lost major money on it and they trashed his staff. I was not there so i can't really elaborate. As for nationals and stuff, that is a big MAYBE...Socal does not have National events..and they do just fine.

hope this helps you inquiring minds!

cheers,

charlie b

Race Director
OC Circuit
[email protected]
http://socal.rcracing.com
Old 11-13-2001, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Nov 12, 2001 8:06 pm Edit | Reply w/Quote

sloMugen

.....alrighty then....I was at Pegasus earlier and Ron said that he had spoken to Dana who runs Revelations.....and that there is not a race this weekend...just open practice ...hmmmmm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from the HPI site. By the way Tphalen, not sure if you realize who I am, but my chick thinks you are the coolest sponsored guy at Socal. She doesn't race or anything, but she says you're the most down to earth.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Hahahaha, well, your chick has GREAT taste....

Sorry, though, I'm not sure who you are....but I do see you play foosball....one of my best table games!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I try to help as much as possible, especially since I remember being a 'newer' driver, and it sucked when the pros were a**holes when you asked them a question.

Guess it's my way of giving something back to the community

Oh brother....
Old 11-13-2001, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

OK, whats the deal. Is there racing or not this Saturday?

TP > If you like, you can pit with me since there is no power. Sean is welcome as well.

MD > thanks, thought it was to late.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TPhalen
Hahahaha, well, your chick has GREAT taste....

Sorry, though, I'm not sure who you are....but I do see you play foosball....one of my best table games!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I try to help as much as possible, especially since I remember being a 'newer' driver, and it sucked when the pros were a**holes when you asked them a question.

Guess it's my way of giving something back to the community

Oh brother....
I am one of the only guys there that drives an Xray. I first met you when I was on crutches way back when. I am friends with Keith. Anyhow, if you see me you will know. Thanks for being positive.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Not a problem....come over anytime....
Old 11-18-2001, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anybody go to practice? How was it?
Old 11-19-2001, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default revalation's 1st race

REVALATION will be having their first race Saturday,December 8. 2001. It is ONLY for 1/10th scale sedans.(NITRO and ELECTRIC). It will be every Saturday!!

Track will be open at 9:00am
Racing starts at 12:00pm
2 qualifiers and a main, Nitros are 10 min. long!
ROAR membership is required and is sold at the track. SPECIAL PRICE FOR ROAR MEMBERSHIP AT REVALATION RACEWAY ONLY!!!
Cost is $25 per year!WAAAY CHEAP!!!!

Classes:
Rookie Electric/Nitro
Sportsman Electric Stock,Mod/Nitro
Pro Electric Stock,Mod/Nitro
Super Nitro

see ya then!!

charlie b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.