Wiki Posts
Search

ORL2 SUMMER SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have another question Dave,

19T...what motors are allowed? If you are saying only ROAR legal ones then you limiting it to C2's and the new Trinity motor. If thats the case I would like to know so I can plan accordingly
Old 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bottom line is most people wont run 19turn no matter if its on rubber foams or water. Even at huge tracks like west chester people like to go slow. . Its pretty obvious that the Integy motors wont be legal its a Trinity sponsored series.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Larry its not a Trinity sponsored series anymore.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If the KOS27 is ROAR approved by May, then there's no reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

Trinity doesn't have THAT much say on how the series is dictated.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Well before I posted I checked the site and the Trinity logo is the first one on the ORL2 site so I just assumed it was.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

The integy motors didn't pass roar approval becasue of the drill pattern of the motor screws. Roar rules state that the motor must have 2 sets of 2 holes on either side. Good thing the ORL is not a roar sanctioned series and Dave can do whatever he wants and thinks is RIGHT.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah it used to be the Trinity Monster Horspower/ORL2 series. I think they bailed last winter but I don't know the details. I mean theres an Express banner on the website too but Express never sponsored the series...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
The integy motors didn't pass roar approval becasue of the drill pattern of the motor screws. Roar rules state that the motor must have 2 sets of 2 holes on either side. Good thing the ORL is not a roar sanctioned series and Dave can do whatever he wants and thinks is RIGHT.
Are you serious????? That is a joke. yeah Dave you might have to seriously change the rule for that.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

with the warm weather the rubber vs. foam asphalt tire debate con't from summer of '88 . . .

i agree with many of the other people i think asphalt should be rubber and that is it, . . . foams for carpet

i am not sure sure it i am going to be able to make 4-5 races but i would like to attend some of them and not go because of people still fighting about tires

i like the spec tire or 2-3 choices cause availibilty might not always be there espically at the end of the season like take off 30/32 pre-mount so you dont have to play insert games or maybe somebody can talk a major rubber tire man. to sell the ORL2/or host tracks a spec tire on consignment

just my 2 cents
Old 03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last summer it was an open tire for stock touring..99% were on foam..so some people must like to run foam tires. I can only remember 2 maybe 3 people ran rubber tires in stock all summer. As far as ROAR & the ORL2,we use their rules as a guide line to set up racing standards. I took it upon myself to do away with the weight rule because thats what the racers wanted. We also have no roof height rule. I as an ORL2 series director take on the responsibility to make changes where I see fit without letting it get out of hand. As far as a motor rule..the ORL2 & the ORL have always used the ROAR approved motor list with its racing program. I have raced at many track in my time,some 26 years,dirt oval,off road,aspahalt oval & now carpet onroad and most track used ROAR rules as a guidline but the tracks were not ROAR sanctioned tracks. As far as the new INTEGY motor,its NOT approved by ROAR & will not be allowed to run with the ORL2. Hope everyone can understand this.I am not trying to make anyone mad..just being fair. I hope..
Old 03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry Dave, being the series director is pretty much a no win situation (LOL)

We have always used ROAR rules as a guideline for the ORL/ORL2 series. Yeah, it's not always the bible but it is the best way to keep from having unexpected/surprise rules that I have seen other racing series have. I think Dave has been doing an excellent job of listening to what the racers who participate in the league have to say about different matters of the rules. He reads the various racing web forums, he receives emails and he talks alot to different racers at races and on the phone. Unfortunately he has the tough job of taking everyones ideas and opinions and tries to make the best decisions he can for the good of the league, making the final say at the start of each series.

I think it is important that once the decisions are made and the rules are in place for a point series, that everyone gives Dave their full support. Dave will continue to listen to your thoughts and opinions so when it is time to make plans for the next series, if something needs to be changed, he'll consider it.

Remember, there is a difference between constructive critism and just complaining. But, for the most part, you guys have been doing a great job of giving opinions and the reason behind them, which is the most important part.

Thanks
Bill
Old 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Old 03-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Bottom line is most people wont run 19turn no matter if its on rubber foams or water. Even at huge tracks like west chester people like to go slow. .
It's no wonder there's an argument for reducing the number of cells to 4.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well Barry I was about to order 4 Integy KOS27 motors from my sponsor for this summer series. But since they aint allowed I'm not sure what to do. I mean I like the CO27 but I also like have more than one choice. So I will probly stick with off-road this summer. If the mounting holes is the reason ROAR isn't approving the motor atleast now I know why some people don't want to join. They are being to darn pickie.

Hey do U know if Trinity has something to do with keeping the competition out of the stock class. I mean if the motor follows the rules but has different mounting holes it should be allowed. Maybe this is why Reedy/Yokomo isn't making a new stocker.

Last edited by TVMRocket69; 03-08-2006 at 12:13 AM. Reason: wrong words
Old 03-08-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just my 2 cents.. From a outside view. Yes as you say 99% used foam,go figure..why bring a knife to a gun fight,foams are faster and eaiser to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.