Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party >

Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party

Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party

Old 03-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default POSSE' PARTY UPDATE 3/10/06

Here's some more info for you guys.

To enhance the "party" atmosphere, I am encouraging attendees whether racing or not to bring old RC memorbilia (pics, apparel, products, etc.) that might make for good conversation.

Due to the size of the facility (Etown size) and available pit space, equipment consolidation will be helpful for everyone. Only one car and class requires less stuff to be brought into the store, so pack light.

In order to assist any and all racers who may want to participate, I am requesting anyone who is in need of equipment (tires, bodies, electronics, chassis, etc ) to post on these boards, A number of racers have indicated a desire to help those who want to participate by either donating or loaning equipment to those in need. I do not want anyone to miss this because of equipment issues. So, speak up and we'll see what we can do to help match those in need with those who have what they need, first come, first served.

Iv'e made every attempt at making sure any and all info about the event has been presented in a timely manner. I plan on posting a list of "committed attendees" I have compiled from posts, email or pm's I have recieved or phone calls I have recieved. This way we all can get a feel for who is attending.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone internet skilled could bring a digital camera, take pics and post on the Sixfootiger site in their gallery for all to see.

The "seeding" to racers for qualifing by skill level that I used at the ORL2 warm up at Pottbellys recieved extremely popular reviews amongst the racers. I will attempt to revisit the same format if the race director is in agreement.

Here's a cool idea I am going to try. I need everyone to bring a few extra bucks with them. I plan on having a mass "pizza party" for those who want to pitch in. This should be really cool.

More to come soon!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Etown posse' party head count

OK, here is a list I have compiled thru various contact sources (emails, pm's, posts and phone calls).

T minus 5 days and counting down!

Doug Venner
Danny Haberman
Latif
Jeff Cuffs
Greg Sharpe
Ray Godown
Lance Cranmer
Paul Cranmer
Mike Ivy
Mike Mulhern
Dave Todd
Barry Lofton
Jason Swift
Carl Drexler
John Ceci
Steve Curlis
Marius
Troy Kosinski
Fred Henschel
Tony Ellis
Kevin Kloss
Ryan Kangas
John Davis (JP)

That's it as of now.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

JEFF WENT OVER TO RONNY"S TONIGHT AND PUT ME AND VICKIS NAMES ON THE LIST CANT WAIT THIS IS GOING TO BE A BLAST
Old 03-15-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Excellent,
gonna be a "different day of racin' ". Spoke to the race director, I got semi-scolded for wanting to "seed the drivers", but he said the program would allow "seeding" by skill level and he was in agreement to do it. He indicated I had not checked with him on this possibility prior to putting it out there. I didn't know I had to clear it since we are "renting out" the facility . Oh well, must be a misunderstanding between him and myself. We'll work it all out on Sunday, gonna' be a good one, one for the books!

Make sure you bring Vicky a ride, I have just the heat for her where she will feel comfortable.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

some guys are suppose to come out and get a little track time tommorro ill be there to give a helping hand if anybody wants to stop and check things out me and pat clark were there tonight just having some fun vicki was tarring up the carpet with her purple rugrat spots are filling up if your going definetly call and reserve a spot
jeff if you get time give me a call
Old 03-16-2006, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sj freddy
some guys are suppose to come out and get a little track time tommorro ill be there to give a helping hand if anybody wants to stop and check things out me and pat clark were there tonight just having some fun vicki was tarring up the carpet with her purple rugrat spots are filling up if your going definetly call and reserve a spot
jeff if you get time give me a call
I'll call you tonight (3/16/06)
Old 03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey All as a former racer at E-Town... I wish I could have been there but I can not make the trip ,but will offer the Top NON sponsored finishing racer a Express 4 cell and winner of B main stock 1/12 a 4 cell battery pack...Good Luck to all...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Gracious offer from a loyal Etown alumnus

I GOT TAGGED!!!!!!

Yo, my brotha' from another mutha'. Long time no hear from. Yeah, wished you could make it to our little get together.

That's a very nice offer which I will definately take you up on. I plan on posting the finishing results and we will make the arrangements.

BTW, I recently used the motor you set up for me at Horsham several weeks ago and it was still "killer", thanks.

Talk at ya soon.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

id like to be the first to thank MR. JAMMIN JEFF JONES for a great day of racing great turn out and a good all around time and i haddnt see a grove in a track like that since the birds
Old 03-21-2006, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Post Party report

How do you measure sucess? If i were an outsider reading the posts for this event you would think attendance would be almost non-existant besides myself. But, behind the scenes, I knew better. Arriving at the track 1/2 hour before opening time and seeing a line of cars out front in the parking lot was the first time I have ever seen that at Zaks and told me I did a good thing for the RC community. 1/12th is alive and well, as I had said before.

For a event some nay sayers may have considered a joke, to have just under 30 entries in one class ain't no joke at any race track!
Big props to Ron Webb owner of Zaks Hobbies for allowing me to come with my peeps and letting us have our type of fun in his house.

The Etown posse was well represented by Latif, Cuffs, and Sharpe. The guest appearance of Doug Venner and Danny Haberman rounded out the posse attendance, you still got it "behind the mike" Doug!

Other guest attendees included Zip, mean Gene Kociuba, Luis Martinez, and Aaron Joyce. Once I figure out how to post the results they'll be up. Thanks to everyone for making this gathering occur.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Final thoughts

Wanna thank the ultimate computer guy Tigeryan for getting the results posted.
Iv'e been around this RC stuff for a long time and a phenominom of high emotions seems to occur at racing events and I believe it is because of the "rewards" that the racers are competing for take on a meaning of win at any cost, even to the point of disrespecting your fellow racers. The fact that my recent event had no rewards whatsoever, I believe took that away. I had to work off of a $0 budget (as I always do) and the atmosphere was competitive but light,,,,,,you know fun! This atmosphere appears to become a lost art, so to speak. I intend on trying to make sure there is a good balance of serious competition and fun.
One of the unique highlights of the day was the father/son team of the racing Billmers. They come down to run two Associated RC-12 I cars, that's right vintage 1982! They had a blast and impressed many in attendance with their rides.
See ya'll again trackside at my next venture, so stay tuned!