Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing > RaceemRC
Race Em RC -  2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL >

Race Em RC - 2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Em RC - 2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm on board with continuing the timing/boosted allowed ESC's. Talking to people that have ran some large scale events in Blinky caused motors to heat up, to get 'worked hard', and spinning the can timing up to get every inch of power from it which ultimately shortens and kills these things quickly. It also requires people to purchase the 'baller' batteries

In a small indoor setting the blinky mode would probably work pretty good but with large outdoor tracks with big straights and big jumps its definitely nice to have the extra power where I need it without heating up the motor much.

Taking a look at Amain's Best Seller ESC's it appears that the popular MMP esc is on the lower price side compared to many others..... I could see a problem with this class if the boosted ESC's were much more $$$

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro ESC $124.99
Tekin RS Sensored Brushed/Brushless ESC $169.99
Team Orion Vortex R10 Pro Brushless ESC (160A, 2-3S) $219.99
Orion Vortex R10 Pro Brushless ESC (160A, 1-2S) $219.99
Novak Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC w/X-Drive $139.99
LRP SXX Stock Spec "Version 2" $219.99
Tekin RS Pro Sensored Brushless ESC $219.99
LRP SXX "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC $189.99
VIP6VSVT10011 Viper R/C VTX10 Sensored Brushless ESC $155.99
Viper R/C VTX10 Sensored Brushless ESC w/ProGauge $175.99
LRP "SPX Zero" Brushless Competition Stock Spec Speed Control $139.99
Team Orion Vortex R10 Race Brushless ESC (90A, 2-3S) $174.99
Tekin FXR Pro Forward/Reverse Electronic Speed Control $119.99
Viper R/C VTX10R Sensored Brushless ESC w/ProGauge $228.99
LRP SXX TC-Spec "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC $219.99
Novak M2 Dig Dual Brush ESC $139.99
Viper R/C VTX10R Sensored Brushless ESC $199.99

Please voice your opinions fellas, hope the weather gets nice fast as its great where I am ....... itchy to work on this track and get this outdoor season cooking
Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benny 13
I'm on board with continuing the timing/boosted allowed ESC's. Talking to people that have ran some large scale events in Blinky caused motors to heat up, to get 'worked hard', and spinning the can timing up to get every inch of power from it which ultimately shortens and kills these things quickly. It also requires people to purchase the 'baller' batteries

In a small indoor setting the blinky mode would probably work pretty good but with large outdoor tracks with big straights and big jumps its definitely nice to have the extra power where I need it without heating up the motor much.

Taking a look at Amain's Best Seller ESC's it appears that the popular MMP esc is on the lower price side compared to many others..... I could see a problem with this class if the boosted ESC's were much more $$$

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro ESC $124.99
Tekin RS Sensored Brushed/Brushless ESC $169.99
Team Orion Vortex R10 Pro Brushless ESC (160A, 2-3S) $219.99
Orion Vortex R10 Pro Brushless ESC (160A, 1-2S) $219.99
Novak Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC w/X-Drive $139.99
LRP SXX Stock Spec "Version 2" $219.99
Tekin RS Pro Sensored Brushless ESC $219.99
LRP SXX "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC $189.99
VIP6VSVT10011 Viper R/C VTX10 Sensored Brushless ESC $155.99
Viper R/C VTX10 Sensored Brushless ESC w/ProGauge $175.99
LRP "SPX Zero" Brushless Competition Stock Spec Speed Control $139.99
Team Orion Vortex R10 Race Brushless ESC (90A, 2-3S) $174.99
Tekin FXR Pro Forward/Reverse Electronic Speed Control $119.99
Viper R/C VTX10R Sensored Brushless ESC w/ProGauge $228.99
LRP SXX TC-Spec "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC $219.99
Novak M2 Dig Dual Brush ESC $139.99
Viper R/C VTX10R Sensored Brushless ESC $199.99

Please voice your opinions fellas, hope the weather gets nice fast as its great where I am ....... itchy to work on this track and get this outdoor season cooking
I vote using boost at Race'em... We have a LOOOOONG straight.

Except Yoder....He runs blinky
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Club mtg????
Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

we have a board member meeting this week fellas and then we'll be doing some agenda's for the club coming up as well.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

There will be a club meeting in the near future.. It will not be mandatory, but highly recomended. As we are changing a few club rules and some things around inside the club. We will let everyone know when it is and what is going on..
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

63 Days and Counting..
Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Board Member meeting tonight fellas! We'll have some rules posted and new Club Member Perks posted tonight!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

stock sct rules will remain the same as last year.

Timing/Boost allowed ESC, RTR tire or Enduro. 17.5 Motor, 2s battery
SC10RS comes with a Subculture tire which is not allowed to be used.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Benny 13
stock sct rules will remain the same as last year.

Timing/Boost allowed ESC, RTR tire or Enduro. 17.5 Motor, 2s battery
SC10RS comes with a Subculture tire which is not allowed to be used.
Good decision!!
Last year was very competitive .....
Any chance of an AKA deal again?

Last edited by kevntri; 03-11-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

We have a lot of new things we are introducing this year as well. Benny did mention it. Also, March 25th. 2pm at Cronies is a open club meeting..

Anyone can come. Club members it is highly recommended! If you are not a club member and are looking into becoming one be sure to come out! As we are going to go over all the rules, new programs, and what is going to happen this year at Race Em.

March 25th 2pm at Cronies. It is a Sunday. Should be a very productive meeting..

Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I won't be able to make the meeting because of family obligations.

I do agree we should keep the timing and boost. The crossover would have been a disaster with out it lol. The Enduro tires worked good last year. Like you said its about keeping it as cheap and competitive as possible.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We wont be able to make it as I will be playing in a hockey tournament in Michigan. Any chance we could have the clubs secretary take and post minutes from the meeting?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Can't wait!!

I do however have a thought to ponder though.. Now before I begin I want to make sure that I bring this up completely UNBIASED and without personal attachment..

So the sportsman rule. The Champion moves up to stock... Right??
Can we look at this? My thought is this, This past year we had Ayden win it at the age of 8. And Ryan won it up at CCX. We had Rocket at age 7 and Ayden just complete one of the closest points battles we've seen during the indoor season and the difference was one point.

I am by no means opposed to moving Ayden up to stock but before we do with Ayden or anybody we need to make sure they are ready. Most of the time we will be having this debate with a kid in mind because the chances of an adult or even a Teen staying in sportsman all season are IMO slim because of the " You Dominate you move up immediately " Philosophy. The last thing I would want to see is moving someone up and them not being competitve and them lose interest of confidence. For this reason I introduced the thought of allowing the winner in sportsman to run the Lowest Stock Main. For if nothing else exposure to the stock class. We all know sportsman is basically survival and 95% of the drivers attention is on his own truck.

Now For example put that same driver in stock, in most cases its a kid. And now not only are they running with better drivers and faster trucks but now getting out of the way comes into play, So now they not only have to watch their own truck but now they have to stay conscious of the other trucks. They also now need to listen to the Announcer to hear where those trucks are. And to top it off listen to the other drivers on the stand. So now that 95% attention on their truck and Driving is now down to 60% and the other 40% is on all the above.

I know when talking about age Kyle and Dalton will immediately come up. And I agree but Kyle Races go carts, and Dalton im guessing had a bottle the shape of an old pistol grip Futuba. So there is some understanding pre programmed I think.
My Thought on how I would approach this would be, Allow the previous years winner to stay in class but also be under a "competition review" Just as before if they dominate they move up or if their lap times are competitive in stock they move up. but if they are trading wins and running competitively with the other racers then so be it. I by no means would want to see one person win every week but at the same time I would want to move someone up before they are ready either.

Just a thought to ponder.. Like I said I am good either way. Ayden said he will do whatever but also said he would like to race Ryan for the championship again. And I would like to see it again because it sure was fun watching it the last couple months.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Who is planning 2wd mod.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Wait I'm supposed to be conscious of other drivers????

Maybe throw them in the 4x4 class. The indoor season has been a survival of the best luck

As far as not being confident because your in the C or D main, its all in your head. When I started last summer I was in sportsman and when I bumped to stock I raced my main. I didn't care I was in the slowest main. You pick people you want to beat. Kyle and I had some awesome battles last summer in C mains. Now a year later I'm trying to catch up to his dad in A main. Not to forget Matt, Kevin, Benny, Justin and so on.... You'll always have competition you just have to look at it the right way. I realize Ayden is a lot younger than me but he's got a long rc hobby ahead of him. When he's Daltons age I'll have to admit another damn young whipper snapper is beating me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.