• 1 Post By Marcos.J
  • 4 Post By EbbTide
  • 1 Post By Marcos.J
  • 1 Post By IBobi
  • 1 Post By Matt M.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default For Sale Catagories

There's like 5 pages from just today in the for sale forum .. CRAZY..

The other RC sites I've been on (mostly aircraft) such as helifreak , rcgroups and runryder all have separate forums for each kind of classified .. IE

FOR SALE FORUMS --->
-- RC On Road
-- RC Off Road
-- RC Motors / ESC
-- Radios / Servos
-- Charging / Batteries
-- Misc and non ground RC
-- Wanted

Would help to find what you need and reduce the 5 pages of searching when all you care about is one catagory

.. Thanks for the great place to hangout .. new to racing .. love this site.
maxx90 and darksiede like this.
Cb750CafeRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Perhaps thats seems like it would help, but that does not mean everyone would list in the correct forums!

For example, a good deal of the newer members just hurry to get a paid membership so they can quickly buy and sell, and probably 80% of those never read the Rules, then get bent when they get reminded of the rules, or get scammed.

I just stick with the search fuction in the desktop version of RCtech.

just my .02 cents.
Matt Trimmings and racer1812 like this.

--->When in doubt try the Search Tab, it can and actually will lead to an Answer!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IF we were creating RCTech from scratch, a completely brand new site, today. The for sale forums might be laid out that way. But that's obviously not the case.

Look through the site forum, numerous people have suggested or asked for exactly what your talking about. And we've given countless reasons as to why it's not going to change. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
Matt M. likes this.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

As on most forums a for sale is just an extra service. Sadly there are many people thinking it is a main thing trying to keep their advertisements on top so they are in the picture. With many sub catagories it is easier to keep your advertisement on the front page w/o kicking it 6 times a day.
So yes, there is something right with the idea but on the other hand it is no market place.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Perhaps thats seems like it would help, but that does not mean everyone would list in the correct forums!

For example, a good deal of the newer members just hurry to get a paid membership so they can quickly buy and sell, and probably 80% of those never read the Rules, then get bent when they get reminded of the rules, or get scammed.

I just stick with the search fuction in the desktop version of RCtech.

just my .02 cents.
I think more often than not people want to put things in the right categories (not rocket science) to make sure their shit gets sold .. On the occasional mispost with other forums they just get moved by a moderator .. I agree that most often search is great but also enjoy a good browse
Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

asked and answered many times , is not going to happen,
Matt M., racer1812 and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
IF we were creating RCTech from scratch, a completely brand new site, today. The for sale forums might be laid out that way. But that's obviously not the case.

Look through the site forum, numerous people have suggested or asked for exactly what your talking about. And we've given countless reasons as to why it's not going to change. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
To be honest I scrolled through the first page of the Tech Site Forum which goes down to Jan and didn't see anything so posted without further investigation. It's certainly not my site to run and I enjoy it either way.

My thought was simply that the most popular forum on the boards which has 100's of new post daily would be easier to peruse with some subcategories. Again I still very much appreciate what we have.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb750CafeRacer View Post
To be honest I scrolled through the first page of the Tech Site Forum which goes down to Jan and didn't see anything so posted without further investigation. It's certainly not my site to run and I enjoy it either way.

My thought was simply that the most popular forum on the boards which has 100's of new post daily would be easier to peruse with some subcategories. Again I still very much appreciate what we have.
Is easier said than done then if you have a guy getting out of rc then he would have many threads in many subcategories, the way I see it you guys have a very nice and effective way to sell your items for free, you want subcategories go to eBay and pay those fees.
Matt M. likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Even when my posts are buried several pages back, I still get offers. People who know what they are looking for will find it, and you will sell your item eventually. It's a lot better than paying the draconian ebay fees.
Matt M., Marcos.J, Slo_E4 and 1 others like this.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #10
Super Moderator

In eBay bids go up on rctech the bids are the opposite plain and simple if you want to sell quick and not looking to make profit, you want to try to make a profit then try eBay
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #11
Administrator

AT some point in the not-distant future, we will probably move to a classifieds model, which will allow easily defining sales categories.
Cb750CafeRacer likes this.
IBobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

If you need help sorting the existing topics into new catagories once you establish what you want I'm fairly OCD and would be happy to help if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
AT some point in the not-distant future, we will probably move to a classifieds model, which will allow easily defining sales categories.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:43 AM   #13
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

in the current system, the sale forums will stay as they are. the sales forums are there for a member to sell old gear. it is not there for a fella to buy low and sell high....

i am a fan of the current system, if i am looking at something to buy, ill find it...
Marcos.J likes this.

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote