Wiki Posts
Search

"If I ran RCTech..."

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
if this is the case then why hasnt it been enforced? why do i have to give a seller my number for a product that i'm interested in seeing? and to be honest it's more work to text everyone that's interested in the product a pic opposed to just opening up a photobucket account (or just using tinypic.com or .org, whichever it is) uploading the pic and copying the link over.

That's just my $.02
Preaching to the choir.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

By and large, it ain't broke, so don't fix it. It's like womens hair; big changes are almost always hideous.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If I ran RCTECH - political correctness would be outlawed. As I realise that advertising is a fundamental requirement for any successful website!

Stop crying about it you fools.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Not my first rodeo Sir. Mod is a thankless non paying wonder why for the love of god some guys do it with as much disrespect shown them and very little if any thanks ever.........
Hear hear!!!

Originally Posted by omgbilly
Less sass from the mods.
Everyone needs to remember that we're all human, perfection doesn't exist in the real world & that failure does. I work as a staff nurse at our public hospital in the inpatient psychiatric unit & are helping those having a really bad time. This in comparison would be easy - if anyone is doing anything unacceptable it's their problem & you don't have to make it yours.

Apologies if this has gone off topic, if I ran RCTECH I'd delete all posts not relevant to that thread's topic.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 06-27-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Search parity between the desktop and mobile site. When I hit the search button in a specific thread on the mobile site, it searches the whole site, not just the thread I'm in. I have to switch to desktop mode to search the specific thread.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Search parity between the desktop and mobile site. When I hit the search button in a specific thread on the mobile site, it searches the whole site, not just the thread I'm in. I have to switch to desktop mode to search the specific thread.
It's already there. After you click SEARCH in the mobile skin, click ADVANCED and find the dropdown called FORUMS that lets you search any specific forum.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think this has been alluded to before, but an improved method of organizing the information with the model specific threads. The model specific threads are nice from a standpoint of subscribing and watching new info added, but the search tools available and the way the searched data is displayed make going back and searching for specific information less than ideal.

I believe there is a lot of good and useful information that basically gets "lost" in the sometimes 1000s of pages that a thread can become. The wiki function is a good step in the right direction, but some of that data can be accessed with better thread management tools or search tools.

Jake
Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

I post and browse almost exclusively on my iPad, while I know there is a mobile friendly version of the full site I usually navigate to the full site button at the bottom because it's difficult to navigate around by touch on mobile. As some have said, the banners can sometimes be a hinderance to content, in particular for me, I use my finger to slide down the list of threads and often accidentally bump an ad and end up having to exit out of a page for a cruise to the Netherlands or something else unrelated to RC. I completely understand that advertising is advertising and it monetizes the platform but the placement is some what impeding the navigation of the site.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Post pictures easier for sure. The internet is a visual place and pretty boring without pictures. Why make it so hard for someone to post pictures??
Old 06-30-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tictac242
Post pictures easier for sure. The internet is a visual place and pretty boring without pictures. Why make it so hard for someone to post pictures??
Posting pictures isn't hard, it only takes a small efford to find out how....

But why is it so hard to resize pictures to a normal size before posting?
I think the answer to this one can also be used on your question
Old 06-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

not sure what the fix is, but sifting through bumped for sale threads is tiresome.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

as said prior, much easier picture posting with auto resizing for the site
no limits on pics per post
no limits on user level to hyperlink posting, pic posting/management
faster PM navigation/access

Great site guys keep up the great work!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Thank you guys! Just for the sake of completing this, I am going to close the thread and we will come back to you with a poll to determine which of your suggestions are most important to the RCT community.

Have a great 4th!

Paul