Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Sell Trade suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Buy Sell Trade suggestion

TONS of traffic in that section as always has been. The "search this forum" section works pretty good - but I have a simple request.

Break it into a few different categories so buyers and traders can browse a bit easier.

Here would be my examples...

ON ROADS
CARS
TRUCKS
AIR/WATER
OTHER R/C

Pretty simple, and parts, etc. could still be listed but in their own similar vehicle category.

I think it would be nice to only have to check a few pages every other day in your favorite category rather than 15 pages of new randomness every day!!!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=mrgrimm;14477374]TONS of traffic in that section as always has been. The "search this forum" section works pretty good - but I have a simple request.

Break it into a few different categories so buyers and traders can browse a bit easier.

Here would be my examples...

ON ROADS
CARS
TRUCKS
AIR/WATER
OTHER R/C

Pretty simple, and parts, etc. could still be listed but in their own similar vehicle category.

I think it would be nice to only have to check a few pages every other day in your favorite category rather than 15 pages of new randomness every day!!![/QUOT I too would like to see that
Old 04-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Been requested before. Don't hold your breath.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The problem is who would be responsible for monitoring items placed in the wrong section, or people saying well my 1/8 Buggy can go on road or off road so I will place it in both forums, monitoring multiple for sale forums for bumping violations etc. I can see the validity of the idea but it's not really that easy to implement and maintain. Bottom line the for sale thread is free to use, if you want to be able to categorize and put in bells and whistles, perhaps Ebay is a better fit for you.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Impossible to moderate. Been asked for literally 100 times... totally unnecessary, and not likely to happen.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 04-05-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Not sure what it takes to moderate a forum, never done that. I can see how it surely ads more work though.

Since all this is free, then I'll be content with that. I really do appreciate RCtech. I do not agree with "totally unnecessary" though, seeing it has been asked for "literally 100 times" by RCtech's faithful members.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It certainly would make it easier. I think this is the best RC related forum there is. But, I'm a member of a couple car forums and the for sale sections are broken down into more intricate categories than what is proposed here. I too admit that I don't really understand the complexity of moderating. But, I think it could help solve a secondary issue. There is a rule to bumping threads. The FS section is so jam packed that the rate it moves is staggering. If you post there within a couple hours your post can be pushed pages deep. I think the common buyer or seller scans the first page. If it was broken into categories then each category would move slower and possibly less effort would be needed moderating people that break the bump rule. I do appreciate the site and I think it runs very well. I'm simply adding my .02.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Impossible to moderate. Been asked for literally 100 times... totally unnecessary, and not likely to happen.
this man speaks the truth..