Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Why can I not post in the for sale section? >

Why can I not post in the for sale section?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can I not post in the for sale section?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Tech Lord

It will minimise the range of possible buyers......
Old 08-15-2016, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
It will minimise the range of possible buyers......
Do you really want to sell to someone with no posts and has been on here less than 3 months?
Old 08-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Depends....

I can agree it shows up when the postcount reached but again the risk remains people will create posts to get in.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Depends....

I can agree it shows up when the postcount reached but again the risk remains people will create posts to get in.
That's where the 90 days comes in.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Bottom line is if you are here solely to buy and sell (and I don't care what way you try and rationalize your activity or lack of) you can cough up for the Elite status and contribute toward the site costs.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

We can discuss who should and shouldn't be able to see the FS forums all day long. But the fact is it's not going to change in the foreseeable future. Why?....

On average the number of "guests" vs. logged in members viewing the main sales forum at any given time is about 5 to 1. Those guests could be people who don't have an account here or members not logged in. There's no way to tell which. IB isn't going to lose that site traffic (can't blame them) by requiring people to not only become a member, but become an Elite member just to be able to view the FS forums.

I was one of the mods in favor of the idea of the FS forums being like the Elite membership forum (only view able if you're a member) if you don't meet the 90/90 requirement. But after I thought about it, it wouldn't be good for the site. Do some people come here ONLY for the FS forums, yes. Do I like that..No. Do some of those new people become actual active members in other areas of the site, Yes. Is that a good thing, obviously yes.

Both the Hobby and RCTech need new people to survive, that's a fact. Would I sell to a REALLY new person with no history...maybe, maybe not. And like everyone else that's MY choice.

As a racer, who without tracks and other people to race with would likely find a different hobby. If someone new comes here looking to buy a vehicle to race because maybe can't afford to buy a new one. I'm all for it.

Sorry for the long post, just hoping people can see "the other side" of things..