Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
I'm going to stand up and say this is a good place as well. Everybody has a bad round of trades and issues on occasion and with the volume that this site carries I'm very impressed.

I will step up and say that I've been burned. Did I blame the site (not rctech btw) No. What did I do. I posted neg feedback, posted all pix and PM's, posted said individual's info and went on breathing clean air. I also realized MY PART of the sale is research the seller. No feedback means no sale in my book.

-Ryan
eri3f0g
i agree 100%

i have not been burned here to date,ive had a couple of questionable deals and when i informed the other party we came to an agreement to make things right.

i would say even with those deals taken in i prefer dealing with people here,it doesnt seem as cold as ebay.and ive been jerked around and screwed on ebay more than anywhere else.

do your homework thats what has worked for me so far,ive turned down as many deals as ive done for the simple fact that things wernt adding up.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

These are pretty much the steps I take when purchasing something from here.

- Ask for a Contact No.
- Ask for an Email Address
- Ask for referrals and any other feedback.
- Ask for detailed pics. Blurred, distanced pics are no good.
- Ask for an explanation of why that seller is selling what hes selling
- Research his/her forum background to look back at their previous posts.

So far, by doing this, i've come through clean and happy (most of the time)
Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Suggestion

I have a suggestion that might help eliminate double posts.

Using the search feature, if I were looking for a specific key-word or issue with a car (ex: "The Fix" for the rc10ntc3), my query returns the fc10ntc3 thread. That is great, unfortunately for me there are 3,000+ posts to look through.

Is there a chance you have have your Search option locate only the posts having "the fix" within them?

just my .02.... great site!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onthegas
I have a suggestion that might help eliminate double posts.

Using the search feature, if I were looking for a specific key-word or issue with a car (ex: "The Fix" for the rc10ntc3), my query returns the fc10ntc3 thread. That is great, unfortunately for me there are 3,000+ posts to look through.

Is there a chance you have have your Search option locate only the posts having "the fix" within them?

just my .02.... great site!
Sure there is. Click into the thread you want to view (in your case the 'FTC3' thread) then press the 'Search thread' button up the top right-hand corner of the thread.