Wiki Posts
Search

how to trade

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default how to trade

How would I trade with someone in a different state? Im just worried I will get scammed or something.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I personally would not do a trade unless I could meet in person, I would at least make sure the person has super good feedback an communication. There is a risk you could get a box with a brick. Lots of time people will want the person with lower feedback to ship first. Most of all trust your gut. It it was a cheap item I might make the risk. Sending a $400-500 item to a stranger and hope you get their item in good shape, is just stupid to me. You could revive what they say, but it could be a pod or not what you expected, then you are kind of screwed.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I personally would not do a trade unless I could meet in person, I would at least make sure the person has super good feedback an communication. There is a risk you could get a box with a brick. Lots of time people will want the person with lower feedback to ship first. Most of all trust your gut. It it was a cheap item I might make the risk. Sending a $400-500 item to a stranger and hope you get their item in good shape, is just stupid to me. You could revive what they say, but it could be a pod or not what you expected, then you are kind of screwed.
Agreed, just like buying from the For Sale/ trade forum, it really comes down to how well you trust the guy you're looking to deal with. That's also what the Trader Feedback section is for, to give fair warning to those who've scammed others, & also to give some positive feedback to good traders. It would be a good idea to look through those if you don't directly know the guys you're dealing with, & if you can't find any feedback, then you'll just have to use your common sense & remember 2 old sayings...
1. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
2. The old phrase Caveat Emptor, which translated means "Let the buyer beware."
Old 03-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok thanks guys Its hard because I dont have 90 posts yet and I can't post any for sale stuff. I was looking to trade for a sct because I think it would be faster to trade. than selling my car then get that money then find an sct.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have made a few trades on here. Feedback helps a bunch. And yes I even had to ship first. Again feedback. I read into the experiences of others. And so far I couldn't be happier. It sucked fir the wait time. But still worked out positive.