Confused

Old 11-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
So... I'm roughly 3,000+ posts short of being average?
I guess! (I don't know what the real average is...mine is 4.78 posts/day )
Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So all you've effectively done is make a scammer pay $2.99 one time for an elite membership, so they can rip someone off.

Makes perfect sense - meanwhile, people like myself and the OP who don't post much now have to start a posting frenzy.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
So all you've effectively done is make a scammer pay $2.99 one time for an elite membership, so they can rip someone off.

Makes perfect sense - meanwhile, people like myself and the OP who don't post much now have to start a posting frenzy.
and if you start a posting frenzy as you put it, you will be suspended.

when you sign up for the elite membership, ou show you are committed to the community.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You do realize that becoming an active, contributing member of the forum is also an option? It's not our fault you haven't done so in the last 3 years you've been a member, right? Or you yourself could simply pay the $2.99

I for a fact can tell you that I've seen and have been asked about how people can sign up for an elite membership far more times than I have seen people complained about it like you have. Overall, our MEMBERS like the new restrictions.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
You do realize that becoming an active, contributing member of the forum is also an option? It's not our fault you haven't done so in the last 3 years you've been a member, right? Or you yourself could simply pay the $2.99

I for a fact can tell you that I've seen and have been asked about how people can sign up for an elite membership far more times than I have seen people complained about it like you have. Overall, our MEMBERS like the new restrictions.
Yup. I think this is great news! I remember just reading an issue in the FS thread that this one guy kept ripping people off. I believe it's a sticky in that forum. So I'm glad RCtech took the initiative to correct the issue!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

meanwhile, people like myself and the OP who don't post much now have to start a posting frenzy.
Uhm, no. You can post naturally and gain access when you hit 90 (however long that takes), or you can become an elite member, or you can go sell on Ebay instead.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Now if we could only get "pictures of the actual item" as a requirement as well. We could eliminate the people who list things they don't even have.

I like the new rules. Good job mods.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Odin544
Now if we could only get "pictures of the actual item" as a requirement as well. We could eliminate the people who list things they don't even have.
I wouldn't be opposed.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Odin544

I like the new rules. Good job mods.
ohhh that's a great idea too! Plus, I'm hardly ever interested in reading someones for sale thread if there aren't any pictures in it. Kinda like a book
Old 11-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
and if you start a posting frenzy as you put it, you will be suspended.

when you sign up for the elite membership, ou show you are committed to the community.
If you pay $2.99, create a f/s sale thread then cancel your subscription. Then what happens to the f/s thread? Would it still be active? Im not trying to bust chops, but I think its a valid question, it would bean easy work around for someone who's out to make a quick buck on a scam.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bdemegs
If you pay $2.99, create a f/s sale thread then cancel your subscription. Then what happens to the f/s thread? Would it still be active? Im not trying to bust chops, but I think its a valid question, it would bean easy work around for someone who's out to make a quick buck on a scam.
Depends on how well the validation system is. If someone signs up for an elite membership (provided they give valid credentials) and DOES scam somebody then RCtech as all of their information to provide to paypall or the seller or whatever.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

I understand the reason for the restrictions on the for sale thread but why on the wtb thread? Aren't these people generally new to the hobby looking to buy not sell?
Old 11-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This makes no sense. I've been a registered member since 2012, so it's obvious I don't sell a lot of things at only ~60 posts. Other than selling the older things I have every so often I have no real reason to make posts, but yet purposely padding post counts to get above the threshold is more than frowned upon.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

At the end of the day it's a free message board that someone has to pay for by way of hosting, maintenance, and monitored by unpaid volunteers, all that is asked is that if you do want to buy or sell on here, you either be a contributing member or a member who has been here a while AND made on average a post a day over those 90 days (or in your case with a Mar 2012 join up, a post every what, 4 or 5 days?) It's not a huge ask.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Aaronv
I understand the reason for the restrictions on the for sale thread but why on the wtb thread? Aren't these people generally new to the hobby looking to buy not sell?
There isn't one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.