Wiki Posts
Search

User names.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default User names.

If I made an offensive username, would it have to be changed or would my account be suspended? For example, if I made one similar to "FUAddicts", but it said, "FURepublicans", would that be acceptable? Or is one acceptable because it's talking about addicts? Personally, I find them both offensive. Any admin or moderator have any insight on offensive usernames?

There are a couple more around that use the more offensive form of "butt", as well.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would think you already know the answer. Matt is the only one who can change names, so if you see a user name that really shouldn't be allowed contact him. If it's questionable but maybe ok, report it and we'll take a look.

As far as what would happen to the account, I'm not sure.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
If I made an offensive username, would it have to be changed or would my account be suspended? For example, if I made one similar to "FUAddicts", but it said, "FURepublicans", would that be acceptable? Or is one acceptable because it's talking about addicts? Personally, I find them both offensive. Any admin or moderator have any insight on offensive usernames?

There are a couple more around that use the more offensive form of "butt", as well.
FUAddicts could be Florida University Addicts,or Facebook User Addict, , we cant assume what it means, but yes Matt or anyone one from IB are the onlyones to change the usernames
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
FUAddicts could be Florida University Addicts,or Facebook User Addict, , we cant assume what it means, but yes Matt or anyone one from IB are the onlyones to change the usernames

My goodness, marooko seems a little obsessed with me, I don't know weather to be flattered or scared. Anyway, FUAddicts stands for Frostburg State University, in the great state of Maryland, maybe I should have added the S, the addicts part is personal and is not what it seems, and trying to create drama from an assumption is pointless, and boring. So my advise to the only one that has questioned it, on more then one occasion, is move on, and have a nice day..

I would like to add, that some people just can't spell, some people find it hard to express themselves, for whatever reason, pointing it out and using it as a tool to embarrass, and or degrade, is just poor judgement, and there is just no reason for it, if the lack of Grammer and punctuation, etc, skills make it hard for you to read the post, then don't read it.

Last edited by FUAddicts; 06-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUAddicts
My goodness, marooko seems a little obsessed with me, I don't know weather to be flattered or scared. Anyway, FUAddicts stands for Frostburg State University, in the great state of Maryland, maybe I should have added the S, the addicts part is personal and is not what it seems, and trying to create drama from an assumption is pointless, and boring. So my advise to the only one that has questioned it, on more then one occasion, is move on, and have a nice day..
Well said.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Falsely running with an assumption, what an interesting concept.

Last edited by marooko; 06-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
Falsely running with an assumption, what an interesting concept.
does thats satisfy your question? now you know what his username stands for and you can move on