Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whys the site so slow??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why should people have to download and update tons of stuff just to get this site running at a decent speed? How about the owners of this site not be so greedy and have it filled up with advertisement spam? Im on many forums for a few different hobbies of mine, and NONE have the issues I get when I come on RcTech. Doesnt matter what computer Im on.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCAxis414
Why should people have to download and update tons of stuff just to get this site running at a decent speed? How about the owners of this site not be so greedy and have it filled up with advertisement spam? Im on many forums for a few different hobbies of mine, and NONE have the issues I get when I come on RcTech. Doesnt matter what computer Im on.
why should I have to look around to find the best deal on anything, its just not fair...

Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Legend

I find the speed of the site has been rather good for me for quite a while , not slow at all.....
Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

site is fine for me for the most part, but every now and then i get a no load on a click, it times out etc.. probably an ISP issue and not the site. Site navigation is usually pretty darn quick.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
why should I have to look around to find the best deal on anything, its just not fair...

Yeah because that almost makes sense..

People come to RcTech to bs about Rc stuff or maybe even buy Rc stuff. None of the adds on this site are even Rc related.
This forum has went from a forum that actually cared about Rc, to making money ever since the new owners bought it a couple years ago.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCAxis414
Dude, i hear ya, the ads were bad enough before, now they are all even worse with ads that pop up over your screen and start playing sounds if your curser goes to close, not even having to click.

http://adblockplus.org/en/

its free and gets rid of all the annoying ads
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Gosh. How dare those site owners. The nerve of them, wanting to generate revenue to offset the overhead that goes with maintaining a website with lots of traffic.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
Gosh. How dare those site owners. The nerve of them, wanting to generate revenue to offset the overhead that goes with maintaining a website with lots of traffic.
Yeah we, or at least I understand that. With that being said I am a member of more forums then I can count. This one is by far the worst with all the mouse over pop up ads that starting playing obnoxious audio when ever you try to click on parts of the page, and happen to move your cursor over the ad.

Just install ******* plus, it solves all these issues. This way the site can put as many ads as they want, and you never have to see them...lol
Old 11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Administrator

When you see popup or mouse-over ads, please screen shot them for me.

If possible, install Firebug and send me the info it collects from the ad.

The more info I have, the better job I can do to get rid of bad ads. I see ads too, but not the kinds of things you guys are seeing apparently.

Paul
Old 11-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IBobi
When you see popup or mouse-over ads, please screen shot them for me.

If possible, install Firebug and send me the info it collects from the ad.

The more info I have, the better job I can do to get rid of bad ads. I see ads too, but not the kinds of things you guys are seeing apparently.

Paul
I'm using ******* so no more ads for me. However it was an Asus ad if i remember correctly, if that helps.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been trying to get on the site for the last 24 hours and its taking anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to load one page. So whats going on? I have a bunch of pms to respond to and cannot as I am not willing to take 30 minutes for something that takes 2.
edited its fixed now

Last edited by AE SC10 4X4; 03-02-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

On my 2nd Gen iPod Touch the site is really slow and laggy. On the iMac, it is respectably fast. Slower than before, but still pretty fast. I am using Safari on the iMac with *********.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kraig
Oh don't let him kid you. He reads slow so the site loads just fast enough ahead of his reading.
I believe they call that the sarcastica button lol... I still cant find it till then the sign will have to do.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE SC10 4X4
I've been trying to get on the site for the last 24 hours and its taking anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to load one page. So whats going on? I have a bunch of pms to respond to and cannot as I am not willing to take 30 minutes for something that takes 2.
edited its fixed now
Mine is doing the same