Wiki Posts
Search

CLASSIFIEDS need more rules... PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang
same here, with 100 posts on one of the forums im on it rarely gets scammers because it takes to much work for them to get to 100 posts they go elsewhere.

when i say rarely i mean once every few years

I would be ELATED with 30 or 50...

It honestly helps ALOT. Most of the people I have issues with are in the teens or less with posts.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have one suggestion. If you want to sell or trade and you have less than 10 positive iTrader ratings, you must post at least 1 picture with your screen name on a piece of paper next to the item. Of course it's not a guarantee, but it will stop some scammers.

This is how I saved myself from the recent scammer, throttlehappy20.

The PM he sent me:

Originally Posted by throttlehappy20
Check out my forsale thread, I have a SC10 4x4 with ESC and motor listed, I would be willing to trade. I have some batteries and other items I could sweeten the deal with if need be.

Thats one nice looking RC and I would love to get my hands on it.
When I saw his thread, it looked real sketchy. All of his items where pictured on a different floor, table, counter, etc. The deals where too good to be true. He barely joined this month.

This was my response to him:

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx

More info on it? Does it come with extra parts, tires, etc?

Do you have more pics of the SC10 4x4 and the b4.1? Also could you post a pic with your screen name on a piece of paper next to the sc10 4x4 and b4.1. I'll do the same if you like. I know it sounds a little weird, but I'm always extra careful with online deals/trades.

Maybe we can work some type of deal for the sc10 4x4 and the b4.1
Of course I never received the picture I requested. If he had to post his screen name in front of the items, I believe nobody would've been scammed.

His FS thread - http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9701183

Thread claiming him a scammer - http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...0-scammer.html
Old 09-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

IRRC there are only a few mods that have athority in the FS sections, who is going to enforce all of these 'rules'? They can't keep up with the 1 post/day limit as it is....
Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

This is a Vbulletin site.

Almost all the other sites that are Vbulletin have an automated system that doesnt allow you access without the desired post amount.

No mods needed.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
This is a Vbulletin site.

Almost all the other sites that are Vbulletin have an automated system that doesnt allow you access without the desired post amount.

No mods needed.
Yes, that would work... but others are suggesting pics be mandatory/etc, that can't be regulated by vbulletin.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Very true.

I think the post count is the best resolution.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO, if you post in YOUR FS thread only to say it's sold, bumping it TTT, you should get a week off...Use the fricken' edit button..
Old 10-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I know back a while ago futureal made someones tittle " buyer beware" under their name I wouldn't mind if they started that again!

So what do you suggest 2 bad deals and you are gone? Then you get to the point of people not happy with the condition of their purchase and call someone a scammer to try to get them banned, what I'm saying is my version of almost new is not going to be the same as yours , when you buy use you should always assume worst.

Situations As this we will never see both sides of the story it comes down to who said he said . So like I say again and again deal carefully and at your own risk. The best way to avoid getting scammed stop looking for items at a bargain price and buy and trade from members with good reputations and feedback all it takes is about ainute or so and anyone can search any members post history and see of they are able to thrust them.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

The mods can't control all these circumstances.

Simple automated post count is on alot of vbulletin forums.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

they could regulate it better if all for sale posts expired in a 7 day period. or make it PM only and not allow posts in for sale threads other than the OP!

that would pretty much solve any......bump....bump, bump for a good seller, TTT, , or anything else one might post to get ad to top! there are many things that could be done.....but will they? probably not. we will keep seeing threads like this forever
Old 11-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

I could care less about the bumps.

That's what the search button is for. I do see the frustration though.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but my biggest BST forum pet peeve is NOT showing your location, don't need an address but even a state or province should be required.
Either in your info or signature or even in your FS thread.
Its not hard, i don't think anyone will hunt you down and steal your stuff, and it saves time.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
I'm a little late to the party on this one, but my biggest BST forum pet peeve is NOT showing your location, don't need an address but even a state or province should be required.
Either in your info or signature or even in your FS thread.
Its not hard, i don't think anyone will hunt you down and steal your stuff, and it saves time.
+1, a location would be nice! also for the new mod..............dont delete sale ads, just close them!!!!!!!!!! i have sold a few things in the last few days and now post is gone! buyer has no proof of item condition! you know who you are!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
+1, a location would be nice! also for the new mod..............dont delete sale ads, just close them!!!!!!!!!! i have sold a few things in the last few days and now post is gone! buyer has no proof of item condition! you know who you are!!!
Stop breaking the bump rule and you won't have this problem! Any post you make in your thread is considered a bump. Send the buyer a PM and edit your original post. Why is this so hard to figure out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-temp-gun.html
Old 11-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I think people need to leave feedback wether good or bad, I don't know how many threads that I have seen where 4-5 people had a bad experence from someone yet no feedback was ever left.
Yeah exactly. I got ripped off by a guy with multiple accounts. When I posted in the bad deals section about it, I received 4 PM's from racer I know saying he is bad and ripped them off!!!. Why didn't they give negative feedback? I'm sure in fear of retaliation.

I am glad I gave the guy bad feedback and posted in the bad deals thread because already others have stated because they read my posts they pulled the plug on a deal with him.

People need to leave negative feedback when they are black and white ripped off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.