Wiki Posts
Search

photos in FS mandatory!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default photos in FS mandatory!!!

Can we make photos mandatory in the FS section? I dont know how many times Ill open a thread and have to ask for a pic. I wait 3-4 days sometimes and by that time ive either lost out or lost interest. Any other forum Ive been on pix have been mandatory. I want to see what Im buying.

Also

Can we get a little more elaborate with the descriptions too? I mean does this guy really think someone will buy his car and spend $500 on a 1 liner?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...h-serpent.html
Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Can we make photos mandatory in the FS section? I dont know how many times Ill open a thread and have to ask for a pic. I wait 3-4 days sometimes and by that time ive either lost out or lost interest. Any other forum Ive been on pix have been mandatory. I want to see what Im buying.

Also

Can we get a little more elaborate with the descriptions too? I mean does this guy really think someone will buy his car and spend $500 on a 1 liner?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...h-serpent.html
pics are not mandatory sometimes they are easier to email than to post , I have sold many many items with no pictures, also I have sold many items with just one line.

for now Im pretty sure is not going to be mandatory but thats all up to the site admin.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Do you want to buy it? Ask for pictures. Some can't even follow the simple rules we have now.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

is photobucket really that hard to use?

I just took and edited the post by an infamous scammer....

Ok for all the new members that do not know how to post pictures in your ads follow this and you'll have it going in no time
  1. First go to www.photobucket.com and start a FREE account,
  2. Once you get your account going go into your account
  3. Then hit the link that says UPLOAD PICTURES AND VIDEOS ..
  4. Next click on the link that says CHOOSE FILES
  5. It will open up the pictures on your computer
  6. Click the picture you want and photobucket will automatically load your picture to photobuckets site in your picture page.
  7. THEN if you look under each picture you uploaded you will see 4 bars with links in each one.
  8. Go to the last bar and click on that link that says IMG CODE
  9. At that point the bar will turn black and to the left it will say COPIED
  10. Now go back to your ad itself and after your done writing hit the space bar and THEN RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR MOUSE AND MOVE YOUR MOUSE DOWN TO PASTE AND CLICK IT as soon as you do that your link should appear and you can keep doing all the pictures you like.
If you hit preview you will be able to see what your ad will look like to others and make sure it looks the way you want before submitting it...
It's that simple... Now you know how to post pictures and make selling your items a lot easier..
One tip I would give all the new sellers though. Their has been a lot of scamming going around lately on the R/C forums... Best way to help yourself and other potential buys is take a plain piece of paper and put your USERNAME and DATE on it and put it next to your item so everyone can clearly see it is your item for sale... Scammers go into ads and copy other sellers pictures and post them on other sites for sale..
Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i feel its a good idea to have pics in your forsale ad, unless it is posted as "new in package" then you will just get a pic of box, but of course you have to trust paypal to do the right thing if you get a empty box. paypal is no safer than moneyorder or even cash these days!

http://www.screw-paypal.com/
Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
is photobucket really that hard to use?

I just took and edited the post by an infamous scammer....

Ok for all the new members that do not know how to post pictures in your ads follow this and you'll have it going in no time
  1. First go to www.photobucket.com and start a FREE account,
  2. Once you get your account going go into your account
  3. Then hit the link that says UPLOAD PICTURES AND VIDEOS ..
  4. Next click on the link that says CHOOSE FILES
  5. It will open up the pictures on your computer
  6. Click the picture you want and photobucket will automatically load your picture to photobuckets site in your picture page.
  7. THEN if you look under each picture you uploaded you will see 4 bars with links in each one.
  8. Go to the last bar and click on that link that says IMG CODE
  9. At that point the bar will turn black and to the left it will say COPIED
  10. Now go back to your ad itself and after your done writing hit the space bar and THEN RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR MOUSE AND MOVE YOUR MOUSE DOWN TO PASTE AND CLICK IT as soon as you do that your link should appear and you can keep doing all the pictures you like.
If you hit preview you will be able to see what your ad will look like to others and make sure it looks the way you want before submitting it...
It's that simple... Now you know how to post pictures and make selling your items a lot easier..
One tip I would give all the new sellers though. Their has been a lot of scamming going around lately on the R/C forums... Best way to help yourself and other potential buys is take a plain piece of paper and put your USERNAME and DATE on it and put it next to your item so everyone can clearly see it is your item for sale... Scammers go into ads and copy other sellers pictures and post them on other sites for sale..
Simple,huh ? I've tried to post pics and never had any
luck getting them onto the site.
There has got to be an easier way to post photos, than having to go
through all of the b.s.. Then again, I never could get an Avatar or
Sig posted either.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Are you trying to load huge picture files?

I'm not computer wiz, but, you could try editing your pics to downsize them... this is simple enough even just using PAINT, lots of ways to do it, but it sounds like they are too big???

Also, I hate it when someone does get a massive image to load, and it makes it to where you have to scroll left-right just to read the post because the page has been expanded.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think my main problem is having to go onto two or three different
sites at the same time. By the time I have the page opened up that
I want to post a pic on, the page with the proper proceedure, logging
onto Imageshack or Photobucket, then picking the proper pic out,
loosing the uploaded pic somewhere in all of this mess. It all ends up
as one big thunderfart.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you can't figure out how to post a signature, picture, or think those simple instructions are not simple, you may need to take an internet course. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, I'm being serious.

It is absolutely easy to post a picture, it was explained in almost complete detail. I'd be happy to guide you through it, just shoot me a PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

shoot... I forgot that most people on here still think computers run on black magic and pixy dust...

Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This thread has become funny.

Loading pics is easy. Following the rules above and setting a good image size to stick with when you know what pics will be used on the board.

BTW Thunderfart is a great word.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It's 2011. If you can't post a pic to a website, you are failing at life HARD.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think the general rule of thumb, if you don't like the way a seller sets up the sale, don't buy. If you don't like the slow response of a seller don't buy. No need to be that desperate to buy stuff.

For what it's worth sellers that have pictures can also be a nightmare. I know from experience, had fake LiPo turn up from Hong Kong when seller supposed was in Australia. Had plenty of nice picture though
Old 10-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Posting pics is as easy as asking any of the current crop of elementary students....
You MUST know someone?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
If you can't figure out how to post a signature, picture, or think those simple instructions are not simple, you may need to take an internet course. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, I'm being serious.
If someone struggles at posting a picture on the internet I wonder if they also have problems with other things in everyday life like opening a door, or starting a car?

The process can not be much easier than it is. Not having a picture in a for sale ad does make me question the item and seller. If they cannot take the time to post a picture I wonder how well the item was taken care of and how much care will be taken when boxing an item for shipping. I might still buy the item but I will also work harder at negotiating a lower price. It is simple you want top dollar for your item there has to be a picture in the for sale ad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.