Wiki Posts
Search

Mod.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mod.

Reported use of profanity against me and I get this response from a moderator.

"Cut the attitude. Also, go talk to another moderator about it, I personally am tired of this sort of BS and am not gonna deal with it. Respond with more BS attitude and you'll be getting the infraction."

If reporting abuse is bull then why even bother having mods?

This board is run by a bunch of children who dont care at all about their users. I for one want my account deleted so I never have to deal with this again.

Last edited by Kraig; 06-24-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: language
Old 06-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I sent you that PM.

It would be big of you to tell everyone why I responded to you in that manner. Considering what I've seen so far, I don't think you'll post the facts, in full.

This was the initial report and part of what you left out.

I do not like being called a dick when a deal goes bad, especially when I never got paid for anything. Do something about this or I will.
This below is absolutely what I responded with.

Cut the attitude. Also, go talk to another moderator about it, I personally am tired of this sort of BS and am not gonna deal with it. Respond with more BS attitude and you'll be getting the infraction.

This was in turn, your response.

Originally Posted by fodonnel87
And your a mod..... Sad. Very sad that this place is run by people who dont give a shit about their users. Please just cancel my account.
I absolutely feel that way. I almost made a thread about it myself, but decided it was pointless.

For the last several weeks I've been considering rescinding my moderation privileges and this, in part, is reason for this consideration.

I really enjoy this forum, for the most part. It's a really large forum, the largest I'm a part of. That brings a lot of traffic to this message board. With this traffic it brings a lot of great people, information and deals for people like myself who can't go out and get the new thing every week. It also brings out a bunch of childish behavior, even in adults. After a few months of seeing rule violations, frustration, and people that flat out ignore the rules, I decided to volunteer to moderate the "for sale" section of this message board. After a few weeks, I was given that privilege.

Overall it's been a fairly decent experience, had its ups and most definitely its downs. Part of the downs are reading reported posts -- take yours for example -- from people who then go break the rules themselves. I didn't check the times, and I can't now that your original posts have been edited by a moderator -- for language, I might add -- but you responded in a not so nice fashion to the person who was the original offender. That act made you a rule offender, but that doesn't seem to matter to you. What seemingly does matter to you is that someone do something about this, so much so that you demand it. I volunteer to do this, I don't get paid. If I were to take a demand, it might be from the person paying me, not yourself. Being that this isn't a pay job, I'm not taking a demand from you. This is only one aspect. Honestly, what would you have done if I upheld the rules and gave you both an infraction?

At the beginning, and even now, I tried to be nice and just PM people with warnings. I was told several times to refrain from this because it would only cause more issues. Just a about a week ago I gave a guy a few infractions and the system gave him a week off. I did this because he blatantly broke the rules, similar to yourself. (I say blatantly because you knew the rules enough to report the issue, I can only assume you knew you were breaking the rules with your response.) When I gave him an infraction for doing so, I got a PM with absolutely disgusting language and insults. Then came the infractions to give him time off.

So yeah, I am absolutely sick and tired of this sort of reaction, especially when they're coming from adults. People crying about a warning, or infraction, "I've been here a long time..." "This board is run by a bunch of (fill in the blank).." "You're this...", "You're that..." and a myriad of other insults and negative comments. Absolutely sick of it. I don't like to quit or give up, so I haven't said anything, but I have most definitely been taking some time off of moderating.

I can go on for days about this, and I'm sure other moderators can also. Personally, I'm a stickler for the rules (which I've asked several times to be clarified), if I had free reign, I'd come down with an iron fist. I'm a moderator not a babysitter, and many of you are adults. It would be nice if some acted that way and used a little sense.

So, did you take it to another moderator for some help and a complaint, or is this what you decided to do instead?

And as to not leave out the positives, or decent users: Thank you to those who have responded kindly, asked for clarification and apologized.

For the ones that take the defensive approach, well, I can't post my feelings on that.

Right or wrong, I stand by what I said. If wrong, I can only try to better myself, and do so on a daily basis.

Last edited by marooko; 06-22-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

"Cut the attitude. Also, go talk to another moderator about it, I personally am tired of this sort of BS and am not gonna deal with it. Respond with more BS attitude and you'll be getting the infraction."

If reporting abuse is bullshit then why even bother having mods?

This board is run by a bunch of children who dont care at all about their users. I for one want my account deleted so I never have to deal with this shit again.
this is a public open forum and language needs to be clean for little kids that look at this site...

Last edited by J.Whiting; 06-22-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: rewording
Old 06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

well said guys^^^!!! hope you dont leave marooko, i like rac'in ya to the good deals...LOL, i think all the mods to a great job and are very helpful, hell, j. whiting called me at home to help me out with some tire mounting questions i had!!! great group of mods!!! as for marcos j. well, nice guy but gives to many infractions...LOL
Old 06-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Cool

You are gone we don't need your attitude and language on this forum

If reporting abuse is bullshit then why even bother having mods?

This board is run by a bunch of children who dont care at all about their users. I for one want my account deleted so I never have to deal with this shit again.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I don't believe I was expecting the reaction I got. I appreciate the support from everyone, and I apologize for my harsh approach.

I believe I'm a fairly easy going guy and easy to get along with, but at the same time I've got a pretty short fuse in some cases. In all aspects of my life, I try, and that's all I can ask from others. I'm far from perfect at anything, as a matter of fact I might do a lot of things poorly, but I try to better myself. In what I feel is a world of people forgetting their not the only ones around, I have little patience for ignorance, selfishness and just all around poor attitude. For the most part I keep quite because I have nothing nice to say when approached with these attitudes, but sometimes things need to be laid out. May not be the best choice, but might be what needs to be done.

For those that I've offended, angered or was rude to, I feel there was a reason for it. If you want to PM me and have a constructive conversation about it, I would be happy to do so in an adult manner. I'm not saying I was right, I'm just saying I will try to explain my logic. And if in the wrong, I will more than happily, honestly apologize.

I'll still be keeping a low moderator profile for a little bit, but I don't believe I'll be leaving.

Thank you for the support, and thank you for being an overall good community.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Legend

marooko

Just so you know , I think you doing really good and are most fair with your moderation ...

I would let you know if otherwise....
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

glad your back george...
Old 06-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

Matt , I have been reviewing the for sale threads in trying to understand what a mod duties are all about ...

I don't know how you guys have been able to stay at it for all this time .

Its rather time consuming and I usually fail to make it to the 2nd page of the 4 sale posts ...

I now consider myself fortunate , as I just scan threads of interest day after day ...

You guys don't really get to do like me and I thank you.

I have been getting over for way to long just posting for fun , not understanding how much effort you guys have to give in order for me to play...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by Marcos.J; 06-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.