Forum newbie post need to be moderated?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum newbie post need to be moderated?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Forum newbie post need to be moderated?

Hi,

I just joined this forum and was interested in asking questions in the Singapore RC Racers sub-forum. Twice I tried to post questions and twice I was told that the my post will be moderated by the moderator before they are eventually gets posted. Is this so? FYI, I have already done the email verification and activation and it was successful.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes that is normal. We tend to get a lot of spam bots on the forums. This is a step the mods take to help keep them at a minimum. After a couple posts they will see that you are a human, and you won't have to have your posts approved.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Yes that is normal. We tend to get a lot of spam bots on the forums. This is a step the mods take to help keep them at a minimum. After a couple posts they will see that you are a human, and you won't have to have your posts approved.
Correct, it can be a pain for newcomers, but it really does help in dealing with the spam. And btw, Boyanmetal, I found your initial posts & approved them, so they should show up now....
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

ok I'm new too, so how long do you have to wait before your moderated post is posted??? and how long does this moderation thing go on for. I totally understand your reasons but I think it is more than a lil over the top. Bot cant look at dynamic images and read then input what it says. If you cant realise I'm not a bot then maybe this isn't the forum for me.... it's not like you'll miss me anyways with the amount of members you have but if I'm limited in responding to messages I am wanting to for a local club... then interest in this forum is going to die for me very quickly. Might be a pain but dont let it become a big pain. But I guess thats why on of the others I belong to has 300 000 members plus.

Cheers,CS
Rob