Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to upgrade the RC Tech servers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Time to upgrade the RC Tech servers.

Seriously, it's like 3 o'clock in the AM in the midwest, so that makes it like...uh...something o'clock in the AM in Kali. So there are like a total of 5-7 people online and it's slooooowwwwww. Time to upgrade that 8086 processor me thinks. It reminds me of attack dialling BBSs back in the day.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

799 users online right now. Not 5-7.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

It is your provider that is slowing down the transmission of information from RC Tech to your computer. Don't you read everything on the internet?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think the site is running great. No complaints here.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

1658 users right now. Again, just a little off from 5-7.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kraig
It is your provider that is slowing down the transmission of information from RC Tech to your computer.
"Everything is against me!"

Quick, the first person to correctly identify the reference I'm referring to (er...) gets a...a...a goldstar. No cheating on the twitternets either! I will be truly impressed if you know the answer from RL.

And as far as being "online" goes, I suspect there are a huge amount of AFKs at 3 o'clock in the AM so I stand by my 5-7 users comment. Do like Gmail does and show users as "actively online", "online but not active" and "offline". I don't suppose vBulletin is capable of that though.

Sure, most of the time RC Tech is fine, but last night it was particularly agreeable to losing my requests into the dark abyss of the intrawebs and it would just sit there blankly. Other sites were just fine at the time so I know for a fax that it was RC Techs fault, all RC Techs fault.

Sew thier! [sic] (There are like at least 3 jokes in that statement. first person to identi...ah, nevermind)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default shut her down then

since none of us are paying to use this site your complaining sounds pretty ignorant
Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
I think the site is running great. No complaints here.
Originally Posted by BuggyKing
I get that once in a while. The other thing I get is I get kicked off like every 5 minutes when i am paused on the site.
Ah..wait...what? Ya gotta pick a stance in life sometime. Let's try practicing it on the intrawebs.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigdaddyquale
since none of us are paying to use this site your complaining sounds pretty ignorant
What sounds "pretty ignorant" is your inability to sense satire and humor without the constant over-peppering of "smilies". Once you hit puberty, hopefully you will start to get it.

Maybe if RC Tech got rid of all the commercial banners and ads if would be a bit more nimble.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman
What sounds "pretty ignorant" is your inability to sense satire and humor without the constant over-peppering of "smilies". Once you hit puberty, hopefully you will start to get it.

Maybe if RC Tech got rid of all the commercial banners and ads if would be a bit more nimble.
I have no issues with the site this site is pretty fast, as far as the banners thats what keeps this ("FREE SITE FOR US) running. if it wasnt for the banners there wouldnt be a rctech , unless you are willing to fund the site out of your own pocket???
Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Take a Prozak and chill a bit! No need for s*it to hit the fan when you're internet runs a bit slow for a few moments.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I have no issues with the site this site is pretty fast, as far as the banners thats what keeps this ("FREE SITE FOR US) running. if it wasnt for the banners there wouldnt be a rctech , unless you are willing to fund the site out of your own pocket???
Originally Posted by vstrok
Take a Prozak and chill a bit! No need for s*it to hit the fan when you're internet runs a bit slow for a few moments.
+3 Oh wait...

I know Gordon, he isn't complaining. He just noticed something and said something about it. So everyone else can relax.

I have noticed on some rare occasion's that the load of the page will hang waiting for a banner ad to come across but I just hit reload.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Suspended

Amazingly I personally know quite a few moderators/admins/founders on here and most of them know I'm just screwing around 'cause I'm bored. So, yea, relax. Plus I'm pretty much over it, like tears lost in the rain. Quick, first person to identify the reference...ah...nm.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

oh...you know him so this kind of thread is ok? Everyone else "that just notices a problem with the site" gets shut down in a second from the mods.

But...I like the site so no complaints from me. Just "noticing" something.

Keep up the nice and FREE site.

Peace, and Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by Kraig
+3 Oh wait...

I know Gordon, he isn't complaining. He just noticed something and said something about it. So everyone else can relax.

I have noticed on some rare occasion's that the load of the page will hang waiting for a banner ad to come across but I just hit reload.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vstrok
oh...you know him so this kind of thread is ok? Everyone else "that just notices a problem with the site" gets shut down in a second from the mods.

But...I like the site so no complaints from me. Just "noticing" something.

Keep up the nice and FREE site.

Peace, and Happy Holidays!
Yeah it is ok because we want to know when there are issues.

As for the other threads, I am sure they had there reasons why they ended up the way they did.