Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating???? >

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If I built a playground and a child hit his head on the monkey bars............did I do anything to cause the injury?

The owner of the forum allows us to buy/sell here. Can he control the integrity of the people that use it?

Just my point of view.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
Man I can't believe you guys. The OP aside, some of the posters in here -- the usual suspects -- need to look over the rules and understand them. I've said it several times and will do so again; read the rules. If you have any questions, PM me (or another mod) respectfully and I'd (we would) be happy to help you get a better understanding.

If this is truly, with all honesty, what you get from what was posted, you've got bigger things to worry about than trader feedback.
No only thing I got to worry about is more of Marco's stupid attacks and infractions when I see much worst then me having some of my r/c stuff for sale in my sig......... how about you "MODERATORS" help the fair guys on here instead of turning your back like you always do especially MJ
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
No only thing I got to worry about is more of Marco's stupid attacks and infractions when I see much worst then me having some of my r/c stuff for sale in my sig......... how about you "MODERATORS" help the fair guys on here instead of turning your back like you always do especially MJ
Take the feedback issue with the admin I spoke with him and we both agreed that before we did anythin about the feedback they both had to try to resolve the issue.

as far as your infractions , follow the rules and you will be fine im pretty sure that if you get 1 more infraction it will automatically ban you.

they are plain infractions not attack as you say. take a deep breath and relax.

Why are you worried about feedback yours is a 100%
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I am not sure about the problems with these other members since I haven't looked at their history, however, I just don't understand how I am supposed to resolve the issue with the guy that scammed me. He has my money and I have his car (that was in much worse condition than the "detailed" pics and missing items shown in his for-sale ad). I tried to work something out with him including returning the car (at my own expense) the same day it was recieved for a refund but he refused. I even asked if he had any thoughts on how to make this deal right and he just told me the deal was done and that is it. How am I supposed to resolve this issue with a guy that obviously mis-represented the car and refuses to work with me in any way?

It just doesn't seem fair that you can be scammed, then get negative feedback that can't be removed unless you can come to an agreement with the guy that scammed you This is why I thought the mods should step in, look at the overall deal, the PMs between us and decide for themselves who is in the wrong.

Anyways, I appreciate you looking into this deal, I just don't understand the logic behind fixing this problem. I am stuck with a car that was missing electronics from the ad, it was in much worse condition than the "detailed" pics posted and I have negative feedback from the guy who scammed me along with a car that was not what was advertised
Old 12-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Let me know if you can work something out
Originally Posted by Funky
I am not sure about the problems with these other members since I haven't looked at their history, however, I just don't understand how I am supposed to resolve the issue with the guy that scammed me. He has my money and I have his car (that was in much worse condition than the "detailed" pics and missing items shown in his for-sale ad). I tried to work something out with him including returning the car (at my own expense) the same day it was recieved for a refund but he refused. I even asked if he had any thoughts on how to make this deal right and he just told me the deal was done and that is it. How am I supposed to resolve this issue with a guy that obviously mis-represented the car and refuses to work with me in any way?

It just doesn't seem fair that you can be scammed, then get negative feedback that can't be removed unless you can come to an agreement with the guy that scammed you This is why I thought the mods should step in, look at the overall deal, the PMs between us and decide for themselves who is in the wrong.

Anyways, I appreciate you looking into this deal, I just don't understand the logic behind fixing this problem. I am stuck with a car that was missing electronics from the ad, it was in much worse condition than the "detailed" pics posted and I have negative feedback from the guy who scammed me along with a car that was not what was advertised
Old 12-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
This attitude you show doesn't help in your argument for "Whoa is me". Don't expect much help talking like that....from anyone.

Last edited by marooko; 12-03-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by marooko
This attitude you show doesn't help in your argument for "Whoa is me". Don't expect much help talking like that....from anyone.
That's correct. There are a bunch of members that I have helped with feedback
Old 12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

And I'm sure it's because you're friends with them and like them more than anyone else, right? WRONG!! It's more like, they approached in a respectful manner, like most people would. Like the OP did. Unfortunately he's dealing with a real....well.....yeah.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Let me know if you can work something out
Can you please give me an example of how I should work this out? Have you looked over the PMs between me and this user? I have already tried to return the car less than 24 hours after I recieved it (at my own expense). I asked the seller if there was anything he would consider to make this deal right and he refused. He did not want to work with me in any way once he had my money and just told me the deal was done and that was it. I even let the electronics scam go because I thought the car in the pics (and described on the phone) would still be good enough. When I recieved a car that had been extremely beaten up, bodies that are completely tweaked with multiple holes drilled in them, tires that are chunked and almost completely worn out and the "detailed" pics used to sell the car were taken well before the abuse was done. The seller refused to do anything at all after I recieved this car. Can you please tell me how you think I should work this out when the seller refuses to do anything at all to make this deal right?

Am I being unreasonable? Do you think I am at fault in this situation too? I am just trying to understand how I would work out a fix for this situation when the seller refuses to do anything at all to make the deal right and will not work with me in any way to fix it. I sent multiple PMs to him to try and work something out and he refused to do anything at all. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am a very honest buyer/seller which you can see from the 200+ feedback scores I posted links to (without a single negative feedback besides this deal). Should I just send back the car and lose the 265 I paid for it? Would that fix my rating? I just don't understand how I can work something out when the seller completely refuses to do anything?

I am not trying to sound sarcastic or mad about your decision, I just want your suggestions about what I should do since I have already tried the obvious steps for fixing this deal. I take buying and selling online very seriously and I would never want someone to be unhappy with a deal we made. I have never ripped off anyone in my life. This user still has all of my money but I am stuck with a car that is not what was advertised along with a lowered trading score.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funky
Can you please give me an example of how I should work this out? Have you looked over the PMs between me and this user? I have already tried to return the car less than 24 hours after I recieved it (at my own expense). I asked the seller if there was anything he would consider to make this deal right and he refused. He did not want to work with me in any way once he had my money and just told me the deal was done and that was it. I even let the electronics scam go because I thought the car in the pics (and described on the phone) would still be good enough. When I recieved a car that had been extremely beaten up, bodies that are completely tweaked with multiple holes drilled in them, tires that are chunked and almost completely worn out and the "detailed" pics used to sell the car were taken well before the abuse was done. The seller refused to do anything at all after I recieved this car. Can you please tell me how you think I should work this out when the seller refuses to do anything at all to make this deal right?

Am I being unreasonable? Do you think I am at fault in this situation too? I am just trying to understand how I would work out a fix for this situation when the seller refuses to do anything at all to make the deal right and will not work with me in any way to fix it. I sent multiple PMs to him to try and work something out and he refused to do anything at all. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am a very honest buyer/seller which you can see from the 200+ feedback scores I posted links to (without a single negative feedback besides this deal). Should I just send back the car and lose the 265 I paid for it? Would that fix my rating? I just don't understand how I can work something out when the seller completely refuses to do anything?

I am not trying to sound sarcastic or mad about your decision, I just want your suggestions about what I should do since I have already tried the obvious steps for fixing this deal. I take buying and selling online very seriously and I would never want someone to be unhappy with a deal we made. I have never ripped off anyone in my life. This user still has all of my money but I am stuck with a car that is not what was advertised along with a lowered trading score.
i feel for you , i really do, i personally feal teh guy was wrong to post pics of the car when new and sell you the same car after months of abuse...

however, we at rctech do not get in the middle of the for sale\trade disagreements. we have no way to determine what is the truth and what is not....it is up to the buyer to be diligent about chacking and double checking the sale

i would start a thread in the tradere feedback and state what happened, with the details of the transaction. no one should hold it against you..

i am sorry we cannot help you.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I havent had to deal with bad feedback yet and I am thankful for that because as my feedback states I go WAY above and beyond to make the deal right...

But I have a question here... the buyer pays... and gets the wrong product... or no product... and when the buyer leaves appropriate feedback and gets a retalitory feedback in return the admin team here "cannot do anything about it"? I realize that when you buy online its caveat emptor, but its also pretty obvious that something as simple as a retalitory feedback can be worked on by the admin team.

Before anyone slams me about "this is a private board and they can do what they want"... I run and help manage multiple boards... I am not naive to them...

I am merely curious as this seems "off" to me...
Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

In case you haven't seen this, I thought your ques was pretty clearly covered in the 1st post in this linked sticky from the FS/T forum -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-feedback.html
Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Here it is quoted.

I don't see an issue with any of it. I will make "bold" some key elements. Ones that I think answer every question out there, and I'll give a little personal opinion (in blue).

Originally Posted by Matt M.
It seems that there is some confusion relating to the use of the feedback function on the site. Further there is confusion on how to get feedback removed from your rating. So let me give an explanation of how this will work and has worked.

First off, the For Sale threads are AT YOUR OWN RISK. RCTech is not responsible for deals gone bad.

We are proactive in removing KNOWN(*) scammers from the community once they are known to the moderation staff
(you saying someone is a scammer, does not make them a scammer. Prove it, make a solid case. Sell it.)

Moderators from RCTech will NOT release information on users. the only information we have is an e-mail address and an ip address.

Now, How Trader Feedback can be edited.
The the term being used is "can". "Can" be removed....as opposed to "Will be...." Understand the difference?

Feedback that has been left in error, or when no deal was done can be removed by myself. or another Super Moderator.
Note the same word being used, and the words not being used.

Feedback that was left as retaliation can be removed by a Super Moderator with approval from myself. NOTE: the burden of proof is on the user to prove this was retaliatory in nature. all relevant information must be sent with the request for removal.
Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge. What do you think will happen if you go in to a court room and "TELL" the judge how to judge? How about if you approach the judge with a poor attitude? Sure, some of you are gonna read this and just see the "Playing God" aspect. But that's your shortcoming, not mine. Also keep in mind that your are a plaintiff, showing evidence for your case. You are NOT telling someone what needs to be done.

Any other Feedback will be looked at by myself on a case by case basis.

Remember, there are over 100,000 members of this forum. as much s we try, we cannot please everyone.

ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE MODERATION STAFF REGARDING FEEDBACK ARE FINAL.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

I thought the evidence I showed was over-whelming. I still don't understand why my negative rating can't be removed, especially when you look at the original ad for the car/parts/bodies I bought, the "detailed" pics the guy posted in his ad and the pics I posted immediately after recieving the car. I don't know how much more proof I could show that I recieved a deal that was not at all what the seller advertised. I should have posted pics of everything I recieved including the other beat up bodies, parts that were supposed to be new but were obviously used (and beat up), etc but now it is long after the deal was made so I could understand not looking at the rest of my evidence... but I thought I presented more than enough of it immediately after I recieved the car

Anyways, I give up. You guys looked into it and made your decision. That is all I could really ask for. I still don't understand how I could get scammed like that and recieve negative feedback on top of it, but thanks for taking the time to look into it. I will continue to buy/sell/trade like I have been doing for years and hope that karma will keep me out of any future deals like this one.

Last edited by Funky; 12-05-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

I wish I could help. Mainly because, even though wronged, you're keeping a pretty positive attitude overall and being respectful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.