Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Matt.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt M.
....you are getting nowhere
don't be confused.

Think in a different way.

I've got somewhere with the tapatalk topic.

an Administrator is going to spend time communicating with whoever sets up and runs this place, an administrator who himself uses an Android and knows RCtech can be so much better on a small device, and see if Tapatalk can be installed and turned on.

That wouldn't of happened if I didn't get you here to respond.

Mission accomplished.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

A good effort anyway chicago, maybe if they did improved and put some effort on this site they would have even more visitor's to Rc Tech .

I don't see how your idea is bad , yet Matt never seems to be receptive to any good suggestions from us 12000 dorks ..
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

What is the big deal I use my droid all of the time to access this forum with no issues what so ever and I can do all of my moderating with my phone too its fast and easy. And as far as the plug in that is something that ib needs to do as none of the moderating staff have
any access to do any upgrades.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
don't be confused.

Think in a different way.

I've got somewhere with the tapatalk topic.

an Administrator is going to spend time communicating with whoever sets up and runs this place, an administrator who himself uses an Android and knows RCtech can be so much better on a small device, and see if Tapatalk can be installed and turned on.

That wouldn't of happened if I didn't get you here to respond.

Mission accomplished.

actually it would have....you would have been far more effective to ask me nicely what can be done, instead you have pissed me off, i have put in a pm to dick, the tech guy from ib, i am expecting his response soon
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
A good effort anyway chicago, maybe if they did improved and put some effort on this site they would have even more visitor's to Rc Tech .

I don't see how your idea is bad , yet Matt never seems to be receptive to any good suggestions from us 12000 dorks ..
i am quite receptive to ideas that make sense are asked in a nice manner by people who treat me with respect.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Unfortunately, those with the "great" ideas have the least amount of respect and patience.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

We completely agree with the spirit of Tapatalk, however installing it on this site opens up a number of liabilities. Anytime a site opens its database through a third-party API, there is risk associated with it, and we simply cannot accept that risk. Beyond that, we need to have control over the branding of RCTech, and allowing third parties access to re-publish and redistribute user content outside our control can be dangerous. While we assume that Tapatalk properly handles these issues, we still need to be sensitive to them.

We fully understand the desire to interact with RCTech through native smartphone apps, and I assure you that there is currently work being done to meet these desires. We are, however, making sure that this is being done in the best interest of users and the RCTech community.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

great.

a stock response it looks like IB has used in at least two other forums other than here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22We...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old 12-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

here's the answer to the branding mumbo-jumbo:

http://tapatalk.com/rebranding.php
Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We completely agree with the spirit of Tapatalk, however installing it on this site opens up a number of liabilities. Anytime a site opens its database through a third-party API, there is risk associated with it, and we simply cannot accept that risk. Beyond that, we need to have control over the branding of RCTech, and allowing third parties access to re-publish and redistribute user content outside our control can be dangerous. While we assume that Tapatalk properly handles these issues, we still need to be sensitive to them.

We fully understand the desire to interact with RCTech through native smartphone apps, and I assure you that there is currently work being done to meet these desires. We are, however, making sure that this is being done in the best interest of users and the RCTech community.
Over 10,000 forums are Tapatalk native. You'd think if there were any issues with it, you'd have heard about them.

Oh well, I guess we tried.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Yes please help out all the iphone owners out there!!!!!!
Apparently this seems to be the problem. Why not talk to Apple about making a user friendly phone and capable phone? I mean, RCTech doesn't care, so Apple should jump right on it, right? Because they care.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
Apparently this seems to be the problem. Why not talk to Apple about making a user friendly phone and capable phone? I mean, RCTech doesn't care, so Apple should jump right on it, right? Because they care.
i still dont know what the problem is i can view and post on this site from my Verizon Droid X just as if i was home on my pc. Maybe the problem is with the I-Phone
Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i still dont know what the problem is i can view and post on this site from my Verizon Droid X just as if i was home on my pc. Maybe the problem is with the I-Phone
It's not a problem. It "works." It is just far faster and easier to browse a forum on Tapatalk than in a mobile browser.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ya my iphone works fine but I dont have Tapatalk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.