Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
R. C. Track Talk-Feild Test Speed Passion Speed Control And Motor >

R. C. Track Talk-Feild Test Speed Passion Speed Control And Motor

R. C. Track Talk-Feild Test Speed Passion Speed Control And Motor

Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default R. C. Track Talk-Feild Test Speed Passion Speed Control And Motor

After running a 2.0 Speed Passion speed control with a 3.0 13.5 motor in my sprinter for a month or so I feel like I can tell you a little about the two Speed Passion products. To sum it up in a few words, very nice stuff. Everyone I talked to about speed passion products had the same thing to say, smooth control. They are right, you set the speed control to the settings you want and fits your driving style.
This video is a feild test for the 13.5 motor, several people are running 13.5's and competing with cars that are running 8.5's, 7.5's, or more.
I started the test with evrything in a stock position, ran a few laps to get some lap times, then we turned up the timing on the motor some 30 degrees. As I hoped the lap times went down by about .20 to.30 100's. They don't seem like much but add up pretty quick on a 45 lap race, it could mean the difference between winning and second place.
One of the real selling point for the system is the track side adjusting board Speed Passion supplies with all speed controls.
Two items I wish Speed Passion would address is the lenth of the motor wires and the wire for the sensor, must have been designed for pan cars and on road race cars.
Watch the video and I hope it will help you decide about a Speed Passion Product for your R. C. Racecar.

Special thanks to Skip Fizer and Skip's R. C. Raceway and Shawn Palmer and Speed Passion Int.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7vFw2Ehu4