Search

3% pp fee

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default 3% pp fee

I just thought I would share this.

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods). Nor does this restriction apply to Pound-denominated transactions by sellers residing in the United Kingdom listing items for sale on a UK-based website.

Link to PP TOS

I'm not saying I disagree or agree. I just was reading the TOS and saw this.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It's a non-issue.Instead of charging a fee for using paypal,you give a discount for not using it.It's all in the wording.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

send payment as a gift - no fee
Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krafcik
yes you are correct but also no protection
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

another rule not really enforced is minimum credit charge. See it all the time minimum charge xx.xx amount. Most merchant agreements do not allow for this however there is no way to enforce it.

If you want the buyer to pay the 3% just add 3% to your asking price and move on. Saying add 3% for paypal is just silly IMHO.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Krafcik
Yeah, also against the TOS

Marcos.J, what did the admins have to say about my 'PayPal as a gift' message?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yes you are correct but also no protection
When I have a seller ask me to send the money as a gift I generally walk away. A lot of scammers are asking for the money to be sent as a gift now a days.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

^^^ I do walk away, that is all it takes. If I really want his item, I'll counter offer and tell him I'll pay the fee. If there's a prob then, its def time to walk away.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
^^^ I do walk away, that is all it takes. If I really want his item, I'll counter offer and tell him I'll pay the fee. If there's a prob then, its def time to walk away.
did the same thing a couple days ago... seller wanted gift so i said ok but you have to send me the item first. once i receive the item i will send paypal as a gift the same day.... seller didnt like that option... i am keeping an eye on the seller.. jeremy
Old 04-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

ANY seller that asks for it to be sent as a gift is scamming you period.
I prefer payment as gifts obviously but I will list an item that says:

"blah blah for sale, $75 shipped or $71 sent as a gift."

This gives the buyer the choice of sending it however they want. Some people want to save every penny and my feedback generally instills trust but most will either opt to pay the fee themselves or work out another solution.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell I would ship an item first to anyone without receiving payment beforehand but I can understand the argument from the buyer side.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Just want to point out the irony in trusting someone who doesn't mind ripping off PayPal.

3% is the cost of doing business on the internet. If you don't want to pay for it, don't use their service.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got ripped off $90.00 for a F10, cuz i was a nice guy and sent money as a gift....NEVER AGAIN

David Cole you will burn in hell while your kids watch...POS
Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
ANY seller that asks for it to be sent as a gift is scamming you period.
I prefer payment as gifts obviously but I will list an item that says:

"blah blah for sale, $75 shipped or $71 sent as a gift."

This gives the buyer the choice of sending it however they want. Some people want to save every penny and my feedback generally instills trust but most will either opt to pay the fee themselves or work out another solution.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell I would ship an item first to anyone without receiving payment beforehand but I can understand the argument from the buyer side.
Wrong, some of my first few online trades were 100+ dollar that were gifts. I didn't know why but that's what he told me to do. Nothing has ever happened. Just saying that when you say "ALL people who do it this way are scammers" than that is putting the wrong words on the table.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I don't mind the fee, it's not that much anyway. For the first time recently I ordered some stuff from Amain and paid with paypal. Easier than waiting for the money to hit my bank account from paypal. Anyway, why didn't I get the fee for ording from amain? Does it only apply from person to person?

Last edited by losi guy; 05-08-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Probably because they paid the fee on their end since they were the seller. That would be my guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.