Search

New 'For Sale' Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New 'For Sale' Suggestion

Hi,

To try and cut down on scammers i think we should have a new requirement for all for sale posts.

-They must include a self taken picture. In that picture there must be a peice of paper that has your online handle and current date written on it by hand. This will atleast prove people have the product they are selling and that its their own picture.

I know this wont prevent all scams, but it should help cut them down. I know forums where this is required and i dont hear nearly as many "stolen money" complaints.

Just a suggestion. The mods wouldnt have to search every post once people start following the rule and refuse to buy w/o the right information provided.

Tom
Old 06-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1
Old 06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

This doesn't stop fake tracking numbers and simply just not shipping. Wont help prevent much of anything and just make it harder to sell stuff.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twism86
Hi,

To try and cut down on scammers i think we should have a new requirement for all for sale posts.

-They must include a self taken picture. In that picture there must be a peice of paper that has your online handle and current date written on it by hand. This will atleast prove people have the product they are selling and that its their own picture.

I know this wont prevent all scams, but it should help cut them down. I know forums where this is required and i dont hear nearly as many "stolen money" complaints.

Just a suggestion. The mods wouldnt have to search every post once people start following the rule and refuse to buy w/o the right information provided.

Tom
that should be your rule anyway....

i would not buy if i did not see that info...

i cannot legislate common sense...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
that should be your rule anyway....

i would not buy if i did not see that info...

i cannot legislate common sense...
I understand. Yea thats how i buy, but by implimenting a new rule it will show that the forum is taking a stronger stand agaisnt scammers.

Also, it wont make it harder to sell really, if you dont have a digital camera these days, you probably like in outer Siberia
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twism86
I understand. Yea thats how i buy, but by implimenting a new rule it will show that the forum is taking a stronger stand agaisnt scammers.

Also, it wont make it harder to sell really, if you dont have a digital camera these days, you probably like in outer Siberia
i dont dissagree, but i cant keep up with the bumps