Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search broken?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any updates? The search function hasn't worked for me in a long time.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

ughhh
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This is totaly uncalled for!!!!!

When is the search function going to be fixed??????

Looking for anything in the for sale section is impossible without having to look thru every thread. I've been going over to Hobby Talk to look for stuff lately since their search function works!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888

Looking for anything in the for sale section is impossible without having to look thru every thread. I've been going over to Hobby Talk to look for stuff lately since their search function works!!!!
They dont seem to care........ Or they would at very least come on here and say hey were workin on it or deal with it or ANYTHING!!

JB
Old 07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

If you are looking for something you may try posting it on the wanted section when I list stuff for sale I also look at the wanted section
Old 07-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
If you are looking for something you may try posting it on the wanted section when I list stuff for sale I also look at the wanted section
Marcos, that is an option but it does not fix the problem. The ongoing problem also affects the seller. You can no longer post one large add with all your stuff. You need to post several individual adds just so people can see what you are selling by looking at the thread title. This wastes valuable bandwith that hurts the forum as well.

The search function worked fine for years now there is a problem and the powers that be seen to not have any intention to fix it. This is the best RC forum out there, but what good is it if you can not find what you're looking for on it......
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Marcos, that is an option but it does not fix the problem. The ongoing problem also affects the seller. You can no longer post one large add with all your stuff. You need to post several individual adds just so people can see what you are selling by looking at the thread title. This wastes valuable bandwith that hurts the forum as well.

The search function worked fine for years now there is a problem and the powers that be seen to not have any intention to fix it. This is the best RC forum out there, but what good is it if you can not find what you're looking for on it......
They are very aware of the problem all we can do now is to wait and see.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BUDRACER1
They dont seem to care........ Or they would at very least come on here and say hey were workin on it or deal with it or ANYTHING!!

JB
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah, It's still not working. I'm trying to search through threads trying to find some tech info and nothing comes up. I tried to a search of my own thread info and that doesn't even come up from yesterday. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Add a new memeber to the list of people who are concerned that the search does not work for the For Sale fourm.

Same problems here. A search for b44 or xxx4 yeilds next to no results, but I find many topics if I go through every one individually. I got several pages into it the other night, but I don't have time to spend this way.

Sad really, since there is so much more rc stuff here compared to Ebay. I guess I'll go look at ebays ads, instead of looking at overly youthful asian Futaba tarts in night gowns here.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i wonder how long it takes to repair? it's probably wicked complicated because
anything that takes more than a few days means it is very complex.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I guess I just found my answer. I cannot locate hardly anything on the search that is recent. Search "Sphere" "LRP" ect and nothing recent comes up...there should be a ton of stuff. Also looking for another TC5...nothing recent. People are missing sales from me and others, threads are dying that cannot be found again...bandwidth is getting wasted from extra posts, hunting...ect.

This has to be dealt with, the site is severely crippled without this function.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The broken search function cripples this forum -- time for management to cowboy up and fix it...
Old 07-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This site generates revenue with traffic and clicks just like any other site. You guys that are coming on here more often and spending more time on here selling and searching are sending the opposite message that you want to be sending to the site management. The classifieds section seems to generate the most traffic and the search crapping out is probably the best (accidental) increase in revenue generation this site has seen
Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Not when folks give up out of frustration...goes to ZERO "clicks" in a hurry.

My "membership" payment just renewed for August. I can promise it will be the last time that happens unless something is changed. I'm DELIGHTED to pay for something that WAS as useful as RC Tech. As it is now, if they can't be bothered to maintain the site, neither can I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.