Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new layout discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have to login everytime I return or even if i just sit idle for a few minutes ill have to log back in before i can post.I can get use to the look but im pretty sure ill get tired of logging in everytime i visit the site.

Thanks Jason
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
As per the specific thread that I created,

The system will now not remember my login,

and when you click a link in the Topic Reply Notification email it jumps to a random page with that thread, not the last post.
Originally Posted by BUDRACER1
I have to login everytime I return or even if i just sit idle for a few minutes ill have to log back in before i can post.I can get use to the look but im pretty sure ill get tired of logging in everytime i visit the site.

Thanks Jason

About the login, delete your cookies (at least the ones from rctech) and try again. Also, make sure you click the "remember me" box.

Regarding the topic reply email, absolutely nothing has changed regarding that and we've verified that it is functioning the same way.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Well I cleared the cookies and it's working now.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Way to bright

I miss the old logo
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You guys are crazy. The site is not to bright. Its just about right now.

As for the banner. I hated the old LOGO. I am not into the retro feel at all. I am a little tired of web 2.0, but retro just reminds me of my AOL days. I am a professional web designer, some being web stores that bring in Millions of dollars a year.

Honestly, the idea of copying another site makes me SICK. Being inspired by a site is one thing, but asking them to copy? I always love hearing people/client say they like this site and expect that site everywhere. From the looks for this site, it seems as if they are upgrading the system that the site is run on. That is probably the first reason the layout changed. On top of that, black on white is the standard. It is hard on the eyes sometimes, but then again, you arent suppose to look at the monitor in the dark.

I still think the left-ad column needs a wrapper. Also, i think ads need to be widened to match the adsense width. It looks off when seeing the top ad at 120px, and the adsense at 158px.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:41 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
I don't...
you do not go to a honda forum and expect to see nissan emblems floating around, do you?

The logo is lame, speakers and a full scale car wheel and tire?

This isn't "rice your ride" tech.

The logo is too impersonal, too generic, but i will give props to whoever did it because it does look allright, its just the fact that it has little to do with RC.

I am getting used to the layout allready though.
I had no idea it was a speaker. I actually thought of it as a fancy M8 wheel

Seriously.

I still like the logo...

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
IB when will you fix the rest of the functions you broke?
What's broke?

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Perhaps you should ask a proffessional webdesigner to do some proposal that we could vote from instead.... It still looks cheep and is still W A Y too bright. It hurts the eyes to have the whole screen lid up.
The supercold Cyan Blue is just...cold. Not cool. And thatīs a big differnence.
The old logo was a piece of Art. The new, well, itīs pale.
The old logo was a rip off of a Hot Wheels logo. While it was neat... it was ...kinda lame.

JMHO
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Waa waa change waaa.. Old people.

grey/gray background looks cheap, white looks more professional. Banner needs work, far too grainy. Forum backend upgrade.. finally.

And images in the sigs? hahaha no. What there needs to be now is a sig size limit. 3 lines is plenty. Ridiculous how big and pointless some of the sigs out there are.

Last edited by xeonrage; 01-10-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

First honda-tech, now this? Can't you leave the layouts alone... Although I have to say this went a lot smoother than the ht transition...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:59 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally Posted by tazeat
First honda-tech, now this? Can't you leave the layouts alone... Although I have to say this went a lot smoother than the ht transition...
I don't know about honda tech, but I do know they litterally count not use the previous layout with the software upgrade. It had been discussed for some time in our private staff forum. It simply would not work.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

I don't mind the layout so much, but I think the logo is really missing something, I especially despise the pavement pattern that repeats itself to the right of the logo it doesn't even line up

As far as the HT transition, in all fairness after IB bought the site it was transitioned from zeroforum to vbulletin so bugs were to be expected, but they broke a TON of functionality.

I'm not so against the whole changes its just in both cases, there was almost NO warning, I suppose there might have been a thread that was missed or something, but I would think you guys would put like in a bright red warning box at the top of the forum for like a week before any actual changes happened. In both transitions this has been a consistent thing that really pissed people off...

Do the migration with the feedback of the forum, rather than just change it, show a few screenshots beforehand, get feedback, and make it work how the users want it, after all, a forum without users is hardly a forum... HT I think was pretty close to being killed if the issues weren't addressed when they were I think a ton more of the members would have moved... Like I said at least this one went a lot more smooth.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I don't know if you are aware when viewing profiles and PM most of the pictures used for the little buttons do not show up but are little red X's.