Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
spontaneous log out >

spontaneous log out

spontaneous log out

Old 09-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default spontaneous log out

last two days i have been having a problem, sometimes when i go to post after writing my message i am told that i am not logged in. when i re-log in my whole message is lost. this has happened several times. and sometimes i will just be switching forums and i get interupted with the same message other than that i am very happy with this site, i have gotton tons of helpful info. i am not complaining i just wanted to let you know in case it is a symptom of a bigger problem. thanks Sean
Old 09-18-2003, 07:55 PM
R/C Tech Founder

This usually means that there is a problem with the cookie that is being stored on your computer, which is what keeps track of you from page-to-page on the site.

Try clearing your internet cookies and/or temporary files, which can be done from the Tools | Options menu in Internet Explorer.

Beyond that, I'm not quite sure what the problem would be, unless you are using AOL -- if so, don't use the AOL Browser, it will have problems, you need to use IE.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

I have the same problem. It happens if I write a long reply. It's as if my account timed out and the message board logged me off for inactivity. Is there a timer limit?
Old 10-02-2003, 07:29 PM
R/C Tech Founder

If you don't have "Browse board with cookies" turned on in the Control Panel, it will log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity (the session will expire).
Old 10-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Ok I'll check that. Thanks Shane.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Shane, I got logged out, as if I did not have a cookie anymore. This happened yesterday, and it is the first time in 4 or so months I had to log in. Even after you changed my handle I did not have to log back in ( not that I thought I would have to)
Old 10-07-2003, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I have seen that happen from time to time, and it's often just a browser thing. As long as it doesn't happen regularly, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Shane....

It has not happened again to me.