Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Can an electric moderator please explain... >

Can an electric moderator please explain...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can an electric moderator please explain...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down Can an electric moderator please explain...

Why is it that some "race" event threads get to stay in the electric or nitro forums (and even get stickied), while others are seemingly arbitrarily moved to another forum with considerably less traffic and exposure?

That's fine if you want to move a thread for a "race" into the "Racing" forum, but please be consistent and do it for all "race" threads or don't do it for any. You make it much more difficult for not only people to post topics correctly, but for anyone to know where they should go to look for new threads.

Be consistent or leave it alone.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I second that.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I second that.
me too
Old 02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

the 2008 snowbirds thread was stickied for the longest time even after the race was over.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think they've been pretty consistant with stickying "national" events like snowbirds, cleveland, ROAR nats, etc, and then moving "billy joe bob's parking lot trophy race" into the racing forums
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

So if you throw the word "Nationals" into the title of your race, you automatically get respect? No, more like it's who ya know.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Regardless of how anyone feels, not everyone on the staff can see everything. Try sending a PM to the Staff moderating that forum or PM an Admin. If yoou complain about how staff don't do their job or even how/why they do it the way the choose is not going to solve anything.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Kind of touchy Jon?

Reading the above I didn't see any complaining about how the admins/staff do their jobs.

I see opinions.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon2
Regardless of how anyone feels, not everyone on the staff can see everything. Try sending a PM to the Staff moderating that forum or PM an Admin. If yoou complain about how staff don't do their job or even how/why they do it the way the choose is not going to solve anything.

There are 8 individuals moderating that forum, plus administrators. Should I have posed this question to all of them in a PM?

Not complaints, just asking why something isn't moderated fairly or evenly. I'm merely wondering who exactly determines what is a "big national" event to be allowed in the main electric forum, and what is a "billy joe bob's parking lot trophy race" that gets shuffled to a different, low traffic forum.

And don't give me that "we can't see everything" line either—it doesn't hold water in this case. I'm a moderator and administrator myself on 3 other forums similar to this, and I would be skewered for arbitrarily picking and choosing what rules to follow. And this is an obvious one.

In this case, there are RACE EVENTS stickied in the Electric Forum and not moved to the "Racing Forum" while other threads for obviously insignificant races are moved elsewhere to where they will stay insignificant.

I'm just asking a question to the people that manage these forums. In this case, A spammed PM is not the best method of communication.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

it seems to me that past practice of this site is that large races stay in the on road forum, while others are moved......

i have seen scottys stock rubber nationals race moved..., while the novak gets stickied.....

you seem to be angry that your race was moved......

i dont see a problem with it, you have threads in at least 2 places on this,

i dont see a problem with how this is handled....
Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just post it in the electric on-road forum. Then it will get seen by the mods

My feeling is all races should be listed together or not have its own seperate forum. It just doesnt make sense. Plus the sticky on the on-road thread moves the page down.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
There are 8 individuals moderating that forum, plus administrators. Should I have posed this question to all of them in a PM?

Not complaints, just asking why something isn't moderated fairly or evenly. I'm merely wondering who exactly determines what is a "big national" event to be allowed in the main electric forum, and what is a "billy joe bob's parking lot trophy race" that gets shuffled to a different, low traffic forum.

And don't give me that "we can't see everything" line either—it doesn't hold water in this case. I'm a moderator and administrator myself on 3 other forums similar to this, and I would be skewered for arbitrarily picking and choosing what rules to follow. And this is an obvious one.

In this case, there are RACE EVENTS stickied in the Electric Forum and not moved to the "Racing Forum" while other threads for obviously insignificant races are moved elsewhere to where they will stay insignificant.

I'm just asking a question to the people that manage these forums. In this case, A spammed PM is not the best method of communication.
Regardless of how you want to slice this, there are moderators to forums and forums to the entire site. Trying to clean up all the SPAM that makes it here is a job in itself. Then there are the troublemakers and such that come here to do nothing positive.

You call it a "spammed PM", I call it a direct method of the comunicating to staff and Admins. Particulary, I don't care how many forums you moderate and be an Admin to. I was not asking your experience. Fact of the matter is that a PM to a Moderator(s) is the best method if you get no response from the coordinating moderator. No offense to you is meant in this post. Please try talking to the Mod of the forum you need help on.

If this does not help, I am more than willing to forward a mesage to TSR6 to delegate it to the proper Mod.

Have a nice day.

Jon
Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Forget it. It's obvious how the forums will be run here as we move forward. This question was asked 2 weeks ago and is no longer relevant. Some races and events are considered "Important" and others not. I guess you need the right friends to have your event matter, otherwise it gets shuffled off to a forum that no one looks at.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Legend

Default Please fix the moderator

I once suggested making a sticky for the Off-Road stock Nats ...

Was told it is was not possible ...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Forget it. It's obvious how the forums will be run here as we move forward. This question was asked 2 weeks ago and is no longer relevant. Some races and events are considered "Important" and others not. I guess you need the right friends to have your event matter, otherwise it gets shuffled off to a forum that no one looks at.
The way we always did it, we put high-profile national events in the electric forum and others in the racing forum, purely to reduce clutter. Off the top of my head, the only events ever to land in the main electric forum were:

Snowbirds
Indoor Champs
ROAR Nats
Novak USTCC
IIC
IFMAR Worlds

If we allow every race to have a thread in the electric forum, you end up with twice as much stuff to wade through because there are tons of races. I always felt that these "top tier" events were worthy of threads in the main forum since they are of widespread interest to many people and usually contained a lot of good info from industry vets and pro drivers.

We're not out to screw other people, you just have to look at it from both sides. There are pluses and minuses to whichever way we do it.