Wiki Posts
Search

Search Issues Due to Software Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Search Issues Due to Software Upgrade

Guys I know there is a section for posting for tech issues for Rctech--but it seems that the search function still does not work for sub-thread searches since the upgrade.

1/12 Forum 25,000 post can't do a search of the 25,000 posts

Schumacher Corner 20,000 post can't search

ect.................................

I love Rctech but I am sure that most of you guys like me use the message boards to learn about our various cars, trucks, and buggies and to post answers to help others learn.

But without being able to access the big threads and not being able to search for (MTX-3 clutch) 17,000 posts, the way the search function is setup if I search MTX-3 Clutch I will only see individual posts that have mtx-3 and clutch.

But all posts that are under the MTX-3 thread about clutches will not show since most of the posts don't contain mtx-3 just the term clutch since the are under in the MTX-3 thread and we don't list MTX-3 when were are posting on clutches since were are posting under the MTX-3 thread and we know what car we are talking about.

I hope this post makes sense--I just picked up another new car to me and am frustrated that I have to go page by page to find info and can't perform a simple search. Being able to search under the topics of Nitro On-road, Electric on-road ect makes it way to hard to access specific info on a particular car.

Any thoughts on this topic?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

We are aware of the issue - and understand it's an inconvenience. Please be patient as we sort out the remaining issues.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Yeah the search engine on this new software is the first thing I noticed. I love all the changes that have been made but I want to look at individual posts when I do a search and not just be given a thread of 1000 pages to search through manually.

So, is there an upgrade in the works for the search engine?