Shared or Dedicated web hosting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shared or Dedicated web hosting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Inline images are totally fine, sure. If they are way too big, e.g. they are so wide they mess up the rest of the page, moderators may remove them and may warn those who repeatedly post such images. But other than that, they are perfectly fine.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER
futureal - Shane, I just want some clarification from you with regards to using IN-LINE IMAGES... this is allowed and it does not cause any problems to the RCTech site, am I right?! As tmaxxking mentioned, uploading Pics and sourcing them from Photbucket or other free Image Hosting websites works just fine, correct?! Many thanks for your time and I look forward to your reply! Your R/C website ROCKS!
I personally dislike photobucket for the most part.

Photobucket is fine when the image will receive low traffic, but once the image hits a certain bandwidth, Photobucket kills access to it. It may not happen today or tomorrow, but a week from now all the images in a thread might turn into the "RED X." For those who access it after the images are gone, it really makes the whole situation confuesing.

When you actually upload it to RCTech, it won't disappear if to many people view the image.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TSR6
I personally dislike photobucket for the most part.

Photobucket is fine when the image will receive low traffic, but once the image hits a certain bandwidth, Photobucket kills access to it. It may not happen today or tomorrow, but a week from now all the images in a thread might turn into the "RED X." For those who access it after the images are gone, it really makes the whole situation confuesing.

When you actually upload it to RCTech, it won't disappear if to many people view the image.

TSR6 - Thanks for your opinion... but honestly I have never had a problem with Photobucket? I will admit I haven't used it as extensively as others have... but so far so good (at least on other websites).

I'm definitely NOT a fan of Attached Thumbnails and I am glad that INLINE IMAGES are "totally fine" as futureal mentioned.

What other Image Hosting sites do you recommend using if ever Photobucket does become problematic? Thanks again!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From Meguiars Online, another forum I frequent - Here is why Photobucket is a waste of time (thread name)

I'm not saying you can't use it, but to me its not the preffered method.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

The solution would have been to just turn off message bounce retrievals :P None-the-less, site is much faster on the cluster. Good job