R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ominex

Old 02-18-2017, 05:40 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default A non-Believer

Hey, I am a person that was raised in a non/Almost anti christian house hold (my father was raised in an orphanage and was abused by Nuns and Priests alike), but i believe in a Karhmatic system; treat others how i expect to be treated. I am curious as to where that leaves me in the christian belief of heaven and hell. I am not trying to cause any kind of a disturbance, just an honest question. As i am intimidated about going into a church and asking a priest.

Doug Smith

RC America - X-ray - Hudy - Motive

Last edited by doug smith; 02-18-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Needed to up-date information
doug smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMHO (and we know what that is worth) if you were never exposed to the truth/christian belief you would not be held accountable for not accepting gods grace, but since you are asking on a christian thread you have been exposed and it is other believers responsibility to provide enough information and set an example that creates a natural yearning for you to learn more about the truth, promises, and guidance for life recorded in the bible. What I challenge people who are on the fence to do is to start reading the new testament as if it were just any other book, that is what changed my life not attending any certain church because not all of them are getting the message right
hunternaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is my first time seeing this group but I'd like to chime in.

I was raised in a Christian home, but that's not why I am a Christian. I struggled a lot with faith in high school and college. During that time I went though a period of deep depression. I still have it but I've learned to manage it better. Some things happened that really made me question faith and I denounced it completely. I wondered why a God would allow these things to happen. It also didn't help that when my parents divorced I found out that my dad didn't really care or believe.

I truly believe that the only reason I'm still alive is because of God. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his direct intervention through my now best friend. I basically gave God an ultimatum, give me a reason to stay or I'm gonna end my life. The next day I met my new best friend. We've been friends for many years now.

For me being Christian isn't about following a rule book. It's simply about having a relationship with Christ. In the Bible his teachings mostly had the same theme, love, so in everything I do I try to show love and kindness. I'm not perfect but I try my best and if I fail he forgives me. I think that's something a lot of people forget.

To directly answer your question. God is like a father. If you have a relationship with him and love him you have a place in his house(heaven). If you denounce him and curse his name then he will cast you out(hell). He will always welcome you back with open arms though.

I hope this helps in some way.
taylorsizemore likes this.
Ominex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea what Ominex said
hunternaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doug

Once your filled with the holy spirit and get a tease of GOD's love man oh man there is nothing like it. Forget about going to a priest find yourself a world of GOD non-denomination pastor or man of GOD, he will fill you up with some much insight, care and love that you will in return feel GOD's love.

Then you will start to see and learn the truth of GOD. Remember man will let you down but GOD will never leave you or forsake you.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
BigC2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also to note :

Priests tend to teach religious

Pastor's teach RELATIONSHIP !

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
BigC2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternaf View Post
IMHO (and we know what that is worth) if you were never exposed to the truth/christian belief you would not be held accountable for not accepting gods grace, but since you are asking on a christian thread you have been exposed and it is other believers responsibility to provide enough information and set an example that creates a natural yearning for you to learn more about the truth, promises, and guidance for life recorded in the bible. What I challenge people who are on the fence to do is to start reading the new testament as if it were just any other book, that is what changed my life not attending any certain church because not all of them are getting the message right
Romans 1:18-19 says otherwise

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Doug Smith - To your original question to where you stand I'll try summarise this to what I share with people that are curious. In the beginning God created the world and allowed man to rule over it but wanted man to rule over it according to his ways. But at one point man rejected God and pretty much said, I would prefer doing it my own way (as humans we've also done the same) and rejected God and ignoring him as if doesn't exist. This is sin. Because of that God decided to punish but but He gives us hope. He sent his Son Jesus to take the punishment of sin, that if we believe in Jesus died for our wrong-doings (sin), accept him as Lord and Saviour we have eternal life. Reject him and we will face eternal judgement of Hell.

Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited by Djchow85; 03-27-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Djchow85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

My 2. Belief in God should not be about heaven and hell. For me, it's a way to have peace. I would suggest two podcasts if you are interested, "The Liturgists" and "Nomad Podcast". Both are very interesting and approach all sorts of issues very openly.

Strange that you ask the question here, but I respect that you did.

P.S. If someone is telling you how wrong you are or how you are going to hell... please take their opinion with a tablespoon of salt.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Not strange at all because he asked in the Christian thread. He asked for the Christian belief not personal belief