Team Holy Rollers >

Team Holy Rollers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Holy Rollers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Congrats on making the podium tmail.

I'd love to be next to have my pic on the webiste, but I need some stickers first. Can you hook me up?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

I was able to officially have my son Nicholas and his buddy Isaiah answer yes to
All the pre-requisite questions to become full members of Team Holy Rollers. I thought Nicholas was all along, but then realized we hadn't officially gotten him enrolled. I think we'll get Isaiah's dad, Rich, to answer the questions, too, next time we go racing.

So we need some stickers, too, Rev. Even mine need replacing. They are high quality stickers, but still get a bit long in the tooth after outliving a few short course truck bodies. I sent you a PM a while back with my address. If you need another one, let me know.

Glad to be along for the ride with this team. Between BDS, his kid, and the carful I bring to the track, we could end up with 6 THR drivers at a track up here in NW Wisconsin/Minnesota!
Old 08-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hey guy's, I've been up to my head in stuff, about my retirement this Oct. It's taken almost all my free time.

Money won't be as great as with the 40 hr checks each week, so a cut back in RC. Maybe one race a month. There are no rules by Shookle about how active you need to be to be a member, let alone the leader. Was wondering If I should step down and let bds81175 take the lead.

Looking back through the posts, the weeks/months before Shookie's left to walk the streets of GOLD. He hadn't been to a track during those weeks/months. His heart was still in RC, even when things, kept him from the track(s).

My heart is still towards RC and the TEAM.

===

Should have time to get stickers out this week.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Nick,

PM me how many sticker sets you need.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow stepping aside not stepping down.

Originally Posted by tmail55
Hey guy's, I've been up to my head in stuff, about my retirement this Oct. It's taken almost all my free time.

Money won't be as great as with the 40 hr checks each week, so a cut back in RC. Maybe one race a month. There are no rules by Shookle about how active you need to be to be a member, let alone the leader. Was wondering If I should step down and let bds81175 take the lead.

Looking back through the posts, the weeks/months before Shookie's left to walk the streets of GOLD. He hadn't been to a track during those weeks/months. His heart was still in RC, even when things, kept him from the track(s).

My heart is still towards RC and the TEAM.

===

Should have time to get stickers out this week.

sounds like you are trying to follow in the foot steps of someone great, and it's a tough choice to need to make, you know the best thing about stepping aside? - watching some one else rise up! you don't get cast aside. you get placed on the right / left side of the new leader who asks for advise assistance help still as they recognize greatness.

the other thing about stepping aside / stepping down. is watching how your life and the members and the team as a whole change under a new dynamic potentially or under new leadership the club may take a turn for greatness that may never have happened under your leadership. and it's not to be taken to heart as i'm sure you have done great things also it's just a fresh perspective and ideas that may never have been mentioned before from someone new.

i pray all is alright for you though, and just remember Gods got the club / members in heart to so no matter your decision. the members and the Club still have the best leader.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:26 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

It always makes me smile when I log onto RC Tech and see posts on the THR thread. I need to be in here more often. I've been scrambling to keep up with school a bit recently but I'm going to make a concerted effort to pick up some slack here.

My son and I attended the Shaun Neary memorial race at the Lucky 13 Raceway in Osseo Wisconsin. Shaun was an avid RC guy who passed away a few years ago in a car accident. A ton of money from the SDN race goes directly to his daughter. Sam and I did pretty well in our short course classes but finished off the podium in 4th with his 4wd buggy and my stock 2wd. It was a ton of fun and got to race with a bunch of great people. I also ran into a fellow Christian who I have friended on Facebook who I might be able to convince to join our ranks!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

10/6/2008

Shookie pasted on to the streets of GOLD.

He shared these two thoughts. First is the reason for Team Holy Rollers, second is how we are to live. Healing the hurt.

I believe that there is a huge ministry in Radio Control (RC) car racing. If we can shine even a little light into this we can spread more of the gospel, not only in words but in our own actions.

and

The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cutting back on rc racing

I too have been financially strapped lately and running 6 yr old rc cars and electronics I had more dnf's than finished, was getting very frustrating and decided to semi retire from rc. finally made a podium wearing my Team holy rollers shirt at my last race, got the photo on my facebook page but was unable to share to team holy rollers page, hopefully next spring I will be able to run some races but definately taking the fall/winter season off (still doing vrc)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...15589497_o.jpg
Old 10-08-2015, 05:39 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Keep checking back in here Gary. You'll always be a part of THR even if you aren't racing. It's tough to compete with outdated equipment. My packs and chargers are a bit long in the tooth. I did just manage to purchase a brand new SC5M (first kit build in years) and it has been a pleasure to work with. For all of us trying to operate on a budget, maybe we should compile a little list of things/ideas for saving some coin.

Tires are the most important part of your setup. AKA is having a riduculous sale directly from their website on some models of tires. For example, I got a set of 4wd Vector fronts for $1 with no foam. I got mounted short course tires for $15 a pair. VERY good deals.

Reusue rims as much as possible. An acetone bath takes the old bald tires off without too much effort. Trim the majority of the rubber off with scissors, save the closed cell foams if they aren't shot. I bought bulk acetone from the local farm and fleet. I soak them in a container filled with small pebbles (consume extra space) and leave them submerged for at least a day. At that point, the rest of the rubber and adhesive will wipe right off.

Look for new, unmounted tires for sale on RC Tech. Don't buy the wrong tire but sometimes you can get lucky and find the soft Gridirons that are the bomb at your track for dirt cheap from someone getting out of the hobby or that found they didn't work on their track. Make sure you see pics of the tires before sending any money.

The Rev has done a bunch of testing on tire sauce. Maybe he can chime in on how to sauce on the cheap.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hunternaf
I too have been financially strapped lately and running 6 yr old rc cars and electronics I had more dnf's than finished, was getting very frustrating and decided to semi retire from rc. finally made a podium wearing my Team holy rollers shirt at my last race, got the photo on my facebook page but was unable to share to team holy rollers page, hopefully next spring I will be able to run some races but definitely taking the fall/winter season off (still doing vrc)

Your on THR's FB now!!! And here!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

How to sauce on the cheap.

===

There are all kinds of tire sauce, almost every RC company has their "Secret" sauce.

IF I can get it Trinity "Buggy Grip" for on road and HIGH TRACTION off road.
http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/inde...product_id=291

Two not so "Secret" sauce are

Simple Green and WD40!!!!

Simple Green (SG) (concentrate not thined) clean your tires and leave them damp NOT WET, put them in a bag the night before you race.

Same with WD40.

Reapply about 15 minutes before qual or main let sit, wipe off any damp 5 minutes before qual or main.

===

IF you start saucing your tires!!! >>>> ALWAYS store your tires in a BAG!!!

When you clean your RC after a day of racing, SG (thinned NOT concentrate) your tires, let dry, then in the bag.

SG thinned >> in a spray bottle (old SG bottle) 25% SG - 75% water.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for posting the pic I still do VRC but cannot afford to upgrade real rc, need to sell of some stuff in the spring (after deer and ice fishing seasons) and start over, been a long 2 yr drought on podiums but still finishing 4th or 5th in season points for all the stuff I have run
Old 10-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I would like to become a member! I believe in all the proclimations in post #1. I race dirt oval here in the Midwest.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gawith0413
I would like to become a member! I believe in all the proclimations in post #1. I race dirt oval here in the Midwest.

PM me your name and address so I can send you some THR stickers.

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.