Team Holy Rollers >

Team Holy Rollers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Holy Rollers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Alright team, lets go out and have some fun this weekend! Me and Riv2SC10 will be racing at the Toy Box in Wisconsin on Saturday. His daughter will be taking her first swing at racing! I pray that we all have fun and find the right tire combo to dominate!! If anyone else has some racing, bashing, or just life reports let's hear them!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Have been asked to share about RC Ethics (driving) during this Sat's drivers meeting at Mann's RC in Ruskin, FL.

Started racing there almost 3 months ago, racn' ON ROAD with a LOSI!!!

(I've been an off road AE guy for 10 years)
Old 08-21-2014, 07:59 PM

We generally don't have drivers meetings at our tracks around here and I think it's a mistake not to. God bless you in the words you deliver. Each new racer should have a mentor assigned to them for the day to make things go smoother.

I'm a weekend of racing away from going back to school to get a masters degree and teaching certificate. Its an uncertain and nerve wracking time but I think this is what I have been guided to do. The teaching not the racing....well the racing too. Oh whatever, either way it will be a fun weekend of racing followed by an exciting and interesting week of school after decades away.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the talk goes well do you think you could stop by rc fun park to give your speech in a couple of weeks? for this weekend I have just decided to say thank you to those in the race that do not have consideration for others and feel the race is won on the first lap
Old 08-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys, i joined the team a few months ago. last couple months have been a struggle, deciding what to do and when to do it. and making the wrong decision. im only 19 and am trying to figure out life on my own but im finding out it isnt working so ive been reading and praying alot more. this past week has been absolutely terrible. last night and today i decided to put all problems and worries aside and take a trip to CD Hobbies in Kalkaska, MI and race. put my head into it and did some major changing in the set up of my B5. raced all day today and ended up qualifing 4th out of 19 mod buggies. ran a good a-main and finished 4th. ive never did that good in all the years ive been racing. on my drive home it just made me laugh how God gave us all this talent and how a good race day can help someone so much. been telling myself hope for the best but prepare for the worst and live life day by day and not worry so much. appreciate some prayers. just figured i would share something
Old 08-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

bbrace3m,
It seems like we grow the most in our relationship with the Father when we go through trials. We find out how much we need God through the tough times and maybe we need to make some adjustments in our lives. This is all from my experience in reading the bible and life as a believer. I will pray for you brother.
May God Bless you through your time of need.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 AM

Don't ever hesitate to come back to this thread and the awesome group of people for support too. The thread, PM's, phone calls...we ware all here for each other. If you ever feel like you are alone, you're not. Awesome job with the racing! I love race updates so if anyone else feels like they want to report on Team Holy Rollers efforts at the track (or bash-site) bring them here!!

Me and the boys along with Riv2SC10 will be racing at Wheel Brokers Raceway in Pine City Minnesota today. Its a points race and it will be the last race for me with my SCTE. I'm selling it and getting a Tekno SCT410 to match my son's. Now there will be no excuse for me to continue to get my butt kicked by him!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hunternaf
If the talk goes well do you think you could stop by rc fun park to give your speech in a couple of weeks? for this weekend I have just decided to say thank you to those in the race that do not have consideration for others and feel the race is won on the first lap
It did but didn't, the guy who normally speaks interrupted me about 30 sec's into the sharing. The track owners had printed the RC Ethics for everyone to have a copy, he started sharing about them. They told him to let me finish.

After the drivers meeting you could tell by the driving, they listen and implemented what they heard. Let me say they didn't drive badly before, just a lot cleaner after.

The mains where still a bit ruff, just not as ruff as the week before, after a couple laps the racers settled down and was able to work from the 5th start position to 2nd just a few feet behind 1st in touring class.

===

In the sharing, pointed out how well the racers keep the areas around the track clean/picked up after themselves and when they are at another track with there track t-shirts on they should make sure they treat the track there at they same as at there home track.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you guys still accept new members?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Goatman4rc
Do you guys still accept new members?
Can't be a new member until your a member! :-)

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclamations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
2) That Jesus Died for our sins.
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them.
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are trying to reflect Christ)
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I'm 19 and think I can make everything work, but evidently I'm learning i cant do that. Lol! Another good thing happening, my best bud moved away 3 years ago. Haven't seen him in close to 2 years. He's the one that got me into going to church, reading the bible, and racing rc cars and dirt bikes. Finally, get to hit the track all day Thursday with him!

hunternaf- I will be moving back downstate(lansing area) end of september. I would be thrilled to get some racing in and meeting up with you. i got AMS in Grand Blanc alot, but not so much the tracks around Detroit. Thats a drive for being in school with no job and driving a truck..lol 10miles mpg not so friendly
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hunternaf- I will be moving back downstate(lansing area) end of september. I would be thrilled to get some racing in and meeting up with you. i got AMS in Grand Blanc alot, but not so much the tracks around Detroit. Thats a drive for being in school with no job and driving a truck..lol 10miles mpg not so friendly[/QUOTE]

It would be great to see another thr shirt at a track, guess I would have to make a trip that way but Stateline is the furthest I have gone for a race, about 90 miles but maybe we can show up together somewhere
Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tmail55
Can't be a new member until your a member! :-)

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclamations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
2) That Jesus Died for our sins.
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them.
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are trying to reflect Christ)
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you.
Oh Of course I agree to all of the above.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Goatman4rc

Welcome to the team!!

You got a PM!!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Welcome Goatman4rc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.