Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question for Cmotif.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Quick question for Cmotif.

Hey Cmotif I was curious if you were interested in a sort of on line bible study? I was thinking, someone could designate a chapter to read and then discuss it. That way we could do more with this forum than just use it for prayer requests (not that I think prayer requests are wrong in any way)

Jus an Idea

Ben
Old 07-21-2003, 09:47 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default If you want it, I am up to it.

Sounds good. If that is what you racers want, and I am more an happy to oblige. I think that we could all use the encouragement.

C
Old 07-22-2003, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

We'd have figure out how determine what we would read. i.e. maybe a couple of chapters a day or maybe spend time in one certain book then discuss what is going on.

But, like you said I don't know if anyone else is interested.

What does everybody else think?
Old 07-22-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Devotional

I Corinthians 15:3-6,8b Paul is writing "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that he was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than 500 at one time...He appeared to me also."

In 1997 I was able to go to Israel and Italy. I was able to walk where Jesus and the disciples walked. We do not worship a God who only lives in some far off dimension, but One who lived here and walked among us and left us with historical proof to His existence.

I have a photo attached that I took in Italy. It is of a prison. What makes this special is that this was the prison where Peter and Paul were kept in Rome. They were there for only ONE reason, and that is that they would NOT SHUT UP about the resurrection of Christ. Even if it meant their imprisonment and their eventual execution, they wanted the truth to get out at all cost.

It is amazing that we have these two. Before Christ died, Peter denied Jesus. He was scared and fearful. But after the resurrection of Jesus, once he has seen the risen Jesus, he has so much boldness. He knows it is true and won't live for anything else.

Paul is an interesting character. Before he met the risen Jesus, he was bent of destroying the church. But once he meets Jesus, he lives to share the truth of Jesus no matter what it costs him. It wasn't just prison. In II Corinthians 11 he says that for the sake of the message of resurrected Christ he was 5 times whipped with 39 lashes, three times he was beaten with rods (Think CANING to you guys who live in Singapore and other places where caning is practices as a form of punishment against crime). They tried to stone him to death (Acts 14).

If it was a bunch of made up stuff, these guys would have rescinded, renounced, change their story before they were imprisoned, tortured or executed.

But because it is true and could see the ultimate goal of life with Christ, the one who had defeated death, man's only hope, they kept their course and continued to testify of Christ rather than deny Him.
Attached Thumbnails Quick question for Cmotif.-prison.jpg  
Old 07-22-2003, 08:37 AM

We are not personally eyewitnesses to the resurrection, but we have physical witness (The prison) to eyewitnesses of the resurrection. If you read the inscription in latin on the prison photo, you will what I am talking about. This is HUGE! I hope that this helps strengthen your faith.

Christian Motif
Old 07-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

to all-

I consider myself novice when it comes to fellowship. However I am eager to learn all that I can.

I agree with you cmotif about saul. He was one of the most interesting people to study-to know he was on both sides of the fence. Everytime I study him I pull something different out of the text.

Anyway...you guys pick the Verse and I'm there!

Chall
Old 07-22-2003, 04:22 PM

I started our RC Racers 4 Christ study. See the thread. It is starting in John 6. Once we have thought that one through as much as we can, then we will move on. It is a gold mine. I have just preached on in the last two Sundays and I know that there is more depth to it than I got to. Hope it blesses you guys.

Christian Motif