Search

never seen this place before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default never seen this place before?

sorry guys i have a question?
i am not trying to be mean, i am christian myself. but why would you bring religion into this sport?

as ive said before i am not trying to be mean, i am just very interested in your reasons.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Dark Dust:

No offense taken. Religion is in all things.

Our recreation of r/c cars is a hobby.

I don't consider it r/c racing a "sport", because is doesn't involve the physical being running the actual laps on the track. As a driver you set up the car, steer it, drive it and maintain it. However ...the car does the most difficult part.

I am a R/C vehicle enthusiast.

In high school, college and after college I've competed in track & field, wrestling, tennis & badminton. Those activities are considered sports by definition.

There are those who may not understand why things are. There are those who fear the unknown. I used to say ,"Why bring religion into it?" I was one of the heathen people.

Since I became a born again christian, a lot of the issues that seriously bothered me like, death, dealing with worldly issues dealing with other religions, dealing with difficult people dont bother me at all. I look forward to answer questions or leading or participating in discussions on the matter.

Now I think about what I say and do, whereas before I didn't think at all. I just did. Divine intervention made that possible.

The Lord is a major component of my life. He impacts all that I do. When I am right or wrong he know what I'm doing.

Understand, that I'm not saying that I'm perfect. No man who is perfect walks the earth. However everyday that I get up, I try to
make good decisions; I try to be fair to all people and most of all, I try to live the way the lord would want me to. Its very difficult, but I feel that I improve more and more everyday as a born again christian. Sometimes I slip, but I know that as long as the Jesus is my savior and heavenly father I know that I am saved.

I would not have been able to participate in all of the activities
without the lords blessing. The lord blessed my doctors who performed major intestinal surgery on me.
My track would not have been built without Jesus moving mountains to make it happen. Even in my failures I know that the lord was teaching me lessons. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm honored to be one of the lord warriors.

I hope you don't take my notes the wrong way, but one day you will understand just as I did. May the lord open your eyes so you may see through the haze that we call the world.

Chris Hall
Old 07-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

i understand your beliefs and how you feel and i am by no means putting them down, i just dont see a place for religon in this forum. i dont see what role it plays. i know religon is a lifestyle and therefore occurs everywhere in everything but why classify it as forum topic.

i by no means feel very strongly on the topic, i just have some questions, its not as if i want you forum to be closed or any thing, i just want to understand your line of thought.

as for r/c not being a sport, i have to stand up and disagree. it may not be a physical sport but more a mental sport. would you call a pro racer who races for a living a hobbyist?? that to me would be a put down, he in my eyes is a sportsman. to some people this may be a hobby, but to alot of us out there it is a very competitive sport.

Just my 2c
Old 07-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

The Bible says that as Christians we are to witness to the world and show the world the gospel. This means that in every aspect of our life we are to be a witness. Not only does that mean that we are to be Godly, but it also means that we are let people know we are Christians. We can't do this by just posting. You can't tell much about a person if he doesn't tell you about himself. That is why we have this forum, so we can proclaim to everyone here that we are Christians and are willing to stand up and tell the world about it!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

DD-

I'm sorry but...R/C is a hobby. Even if people earn money doing it, BTW-Just because someone is good at an activity, that doesn't neccessary mean that is a sport. If R/C Racing were a sport, I wouldn't buy my r/c stuff at the hobby stores, I would have to go
to sportmart, or big 5, or cal-sports-(you see me working..right) Just because r/C racing is on the outdoor life channel doesn't make it a sport.
Its still a hobby. I operate a track-If that gives you some Idea of just how involved I am with our hobby.

What I'm saying is not a putdown, but it is what it is. You're gonna tell me that an athlete that runs the 100 meter sprint, or a 1600 meter race, or my son who plays football (or just fill in the what physical activity) should be considered in the same classification as a man or woman who operates a tramsmitter? I don't think so. R/C Racing is very competive, but I (a former High School, Former College, and Elite Athlete) do not consider
R/C Racing a sport. I've been on both sides of that fence, and I can comment on it.

Christian Fellowship is more than a lifestyle. It is beyond lifestyle. The lord isn't something like fashion or fad-something that comes and goes-no..no..no . Our lord will ALWAYS be here.

The word of god to christians is how we are to live. Let me ask you something...you say you are a christian-I can't question if you are or not, but I will ask you this...from your words.. .. Are you a "closet christian"?

If you truly are a christian, then you understand the "world" and you understand our relationship with Jesus Christ. Futureal was kind enough and smart enough to set up a forum for us and I think its a good thing.

Hopefully one day you will understand what is really going on.

Sincerely,

Chris Hall

Last edited by threeEwes; 07-13-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Religion

I think the first thing we must clarify is the meaning of religion - a personal set or institutionalized system of attitudes, beliefs, and practices. Bro we are not religious, we just LOVE JESUS! JESUS is in everything we do if we truley live for him. Stating that your a Christian means that you are a follower of Christ, that means you are his representitive to the world, wether your driving your real car in traffic, or driving your R/C car at the track. Think about this for a moment, If something allows you the oppurtunity to share the love of Christ with a stranger, how can it not be part of GOD's work through us?

Not to gang up, but my family runs racing in Corona, CA. 4x per month. We are Christian Based, and many Christians think its a great way to just let Jesus shine through us. We don't preach, or bible thump, we just let people see the peace that comes from a devotion to Christ shine through us. Now, I see some of the lost men who visit us wanting some of what we have... Grace Mercy, Peace! Now they are even asking about local churchs and why we believe. Using R/C to reach the lost is no diffrent than using music... If they have love in their heart for somethingwe might as well show them how much better it is with JESUS

GOD Bless you all, I've missed talking with ya!
Chris

Last edited by ChrisCrash; 07-14-2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:27 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why not bring it in?

Couple of things, RC racers go through stress and junk in their personal lives. RC racing is a social actitivity, unlike other hobbies, you need to have other racers around to do it right. As a Christian RC racer, I have been able to encourage, counsel and advise RC friends when they are going through stuff. It has been appreciated over and over again.

That is part of the reason that organizations like Racers for Christ and Motor Racing Outreach exist. They also minister to the needs of racers. Racers for Christ are on the NHRA circuit, and MRO does Nascar.

Another reason, it allows churches to do something for the community. I know of Churches that have run RC clubs for their communities, and I have run one myself in Merced. I applied this last weekend at a church at Mt. Shasta in California, and they want to see an RC club set up, using their parking lot a couple of times a month. It will be good for the youth and also for adults.

With our RC club in Merced, we were able to meet more needs that just opening the parking lot. One of our favorite racers there was diagnoses with stomach cancer. I was able to be there for the family and the racer and share the hope of Christ. We were there to encourage and mourn with the family when our friend passed on.

Later, we had a memorial food drive in honor of our friend. Each time we went to race we would bring food items, that would go out and help families in need.

We do all the race stuff in miniature as RC racers, think of RC Racers for Christ as a miniature Racers for Christ for you.

Is you have any prayer requests or questions, that is what we are here.

I also personally want to help more youth groups and men's groups be able to use their church parking lots for RC ministry.

Cmotif
Old 07-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default New Place to Chat

Our racing clubs new site is up, and we have a thread just like this one there, check it out! RCR4C now has 2 homes.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

ChrisCrash, you board won't load!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Never mind , I reloaded the page and it worked fine
Old 07-18-2003, 08:08 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was thinking about our RC Racers For Christ forums and how long we have been around. We had a place on RCtouring before it went down and RCtech went up. If I remember right, RC Racers for Christ has been around since early 2000, maybe even late 1999.

C