Wiki Posts
Search

serious need of prayer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default serious need of prayer

my wifes uncle went in for a minor surgery on his wrist and he has not woke back up from his anistesia and this was yesterday and now they think he has had a stroke during surgery. so im asking everyone who reads this to say a little pray for him, his name is JC Ratliff. Thank you so much and god bless you all.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will keep him in prayer, please keep us informed.
-Shookie
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

thanx shook. i will keep you all posted.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

God bless you my friend I hope all goes well.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Aside from the obvious, is there something that the family is standing and believing for in this situation specifically that we can focus our prayers on? What about scripture wise - is there a particular scripture that the family is standing on and believing for this situation? I just want to be agreeing with the family, in prayer - as the Bible says, "Where two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." - Matthew 18:19-20

PD2
Old 07-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Initiate

well for a little update, the nurse came in the room this morning to check vitals and asked jc to lift his arm and he lifted it a little so he is responsize to voices and things, just still in a coma state of being, he is not on machines or anything, but prayers seem to be helping him, his symptoms of a stroke are going away, his mouth isnt a drawn up as it was so i want to thank everyone for praying for the family. and pd2, not trying to say anything bad in anyway, but we stand on the whole bible, for god so loved the world he ave his own begotten son that who so ever believe in him shall not parish but have eternal life, john 3:16. i am not trying to start a fight if this came out wrong i appoligize. and again thank you guys/gals for praying, you are a great help. i am so glad we have a place we can get on the web and truely feel welcome and loved by a total stranger, but still feel like family and ask for pray from others.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kyhighrider
pd2, not trying to say anything bad in anyway, but we stand on the whole bible, for god so loved the world he ave his own begotten son that who so ever believe in him shall not parish but have eternal life, john 3:16. i am not trying to start a fight if this came out wrong i appoligize. and again thank you guys/gals for praying, you are a great help. i am so glad we have a place we can get on the web and truely feel welcome and loved by a total stranger, but still feel like family and ask for pray from others.
Hhhhmmm? I'm not either - in fact, I think we are both Christians and believe the same Bible and believe the same God and the same Jesus so I'm not understand what I said or did wrong?

I guess I need to stop posting on this forum. Best I can tell my understanding of the Bible is incorrect, what I believe is not in line with anyone else here, and my faith is never at the same place as any one.

When I posted what I posted I meant it from a Christian's heart that is full of the love of Jesus and wanted to know what your family was believing for in this situation. I know when my family dealt with a similar situation nearly 3 years ago we had various things we would be believing for and God would show Himself true to His Word regarding whatever it was. Most of it were things like, we would believe that blood pressue would return to where it needed to be or that certain vital numbers that were critical to recovery would be spoken to in the name of Jesus, etc. And as we, the family stood on that via the Word of God and in Jesus name that which we were touching would change according to what we spoke and believe. I know this is God cause EVERYTIME we did this God changed that situation according to our words and what we were believing in Jesus name.

I'm really sorry if I said something wrong, offended anyone on this forum or for that matter spoke anything negative against anyone or said anything to anyone that did not build them up, encourage them in the faith we all share (or are supposed to all share). I ask for continual forgiveness for the intent of my heart was NONE of that.

At this point, this is my last posting in this thread. God bless you all and may His peace, love, mercy, joy and all that He has for you be with you always!

In His service always!

PD2
Old 07-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

PD2, i was not trying to lash out at you in any way, i have had a rough week with my wifes uncle and, my best friends grandma died this week as well so i have been torn apart this week. i was just not understanding what you where asking and i appoligize, i never ment to hurt or make anyone feel this way. please dont stop posting on here. i thought you where asking me what part of the bible we stood for and not what we where praying for. at the present time we are just praying that gods will, will be done, and if its his time to go just take him and not to let him suffer, but if its not his time perform a miricle and alow him to live a half way normal life. and again PD2 i appoligize for misunderstanding your questions.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Be praying for him and his family! The wifes uncle had something similiar happen...but he didn't believe in Christ. ... I did say didn't ... it's all part of God's plan even though we can't see the end result. The Wifes uncle has now accepted Christ!!!!! Awsome.....truly awsome!

PD....man...I hope you don't get discouraged!!!! I really appreciate all your views and most of them are CORRECT to my way of thinking as well! In fact I think your an AWSOME CHRISTIAN who like Paul spoke of in Galations that we should test ourselves and make sure our FAITH is real (paraphrasing). Keep up the good work man!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

oh...and kyhighrider....check out the verse in my signiture.....it's brought great comfort to me when things are REALLY messed up in your life...maybe you could share it with them. It's refering to an account of David on the run from King Saul. Saul was out to kill him and he was so desperate he found himself in the home town of goliath. He was in a pretty bad situation ... but look where he got his strenght....give it a read...it's a good one!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

thanx nitro, i appreciate it greatly your verse is very touching, just in the one verse has a lot of meaning, you guys on here are a wonderful blessing to me, i have ben able to tell you all about these problems and you guys have been a great confort. and nitro as soon as i get a chance i will read up on that verse, i cant wait
Old 07-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I pray that everything is well and my prayers are with you and you family.
GOD BLESS,
Old 07-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

well guys a update: as of 4:25 sunday mornig JC Ratliff has went to be with the lord. thank you all for your prayers, its pretty hard on the familybut they are taken it pretty well at the moment but the next couple of days will be hard for them. again thanks for your prayers and now i ask for your prayers to ease there pain and suffering.