Can somebody please explain this to me?

Like Tree2Likes

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Woodman

Sorry to hear that.
You can go all your life to church and still be no closer to God. You can have Religion with out having God. At some point you have to step out in faith and trust my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Not the teaching of a church. You must read and study the bible.
I'm not going to heaven because I'm faithful to church and all the things I've done. But because I trusted Christ.
As far as proof. Just look around.
I'll pray the Lord will show you his path for your life and that your faith may be restored.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Woodman,

I too was a Cathoic student and what not.
I too came to that same conclusion, until I found out what it means to throw Religion away.
I have a personal relationship with Our Lord Jesus Christ.
I welcomed Him into my heart and life.
It is completely different than what I knew to be CATHOLIC..or any other RELIGION.
I am Christian as a follower of Christ Jesus.
I attend a Non Denomination Church (Calvary Chapel Antelope Vally)
Our pastor is only a man that is led by God to help us learn what GOD has for us through HIS Word. Not the pastors own interpitation of the bible.
We read the bible and study the Word, verse by verse, line by line, scripture by scripture. What it means in Hebrew, Greek and Airamaic and what the triditions and times where when they were writen.
I will tell you it made all the differance in my Walk with Jesus.
I don't rely on my pastor to teach me, (although it is nice to have someone else help you along) I try to read and study the scritures daily for myself. I don't take any man's word for it, I search the scriptures to verify or dismiss what a pastor has said.
I had a bad church break up because of the prior pastors inturpritation of the WORD. I went to that pastor and tried to share with him that the direction that he was heading wasn't what the bible says. I got kindly shown the door.
A month later the rest of the congrigation found out what I already had known and they asked him to leave.

I don't expect you to run back to church or to grab your bible and dive into it right after you read this.
But I do hope that I planted a seed and that you would consider that not a single man (or religion) is capable of living a perfect life and no man should be completly trusted with an inturpritation of GOD's Word.

OK off the soap box I come.
-Shookie
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Woodman, there is reasonable evidence not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Check out Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ", "The Case for Christianity", "The Case for Faith". Those are available on Amazon.

He used to be an atheist and a legal journalist for a major newspaper in Chicago. He uses those same investigative skills when looking at Christianity. There is a lot of really good stuff there.

God bless you,
Will be praying for you.

Cmotif
Old 01-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I just have a statement to make. According to all religions we are all going to hell. If you don't belive christians you are going to hell. If you don't believe in islam you are going to hell. If you are not jewish you are going to hell. So which religion is right? I believe in God and Jesus. Doesn't mean I need to follow what a human tells me. God will guide me. And to all of those that say "you have to believe what I say" You are going to hell. Only God tells man what to do. Man has no right to tell man what to do. That is God's job. For all the christians, Catholics, Jews, and all the other religions in the world if you believe and all the other religions believe then everyone is going to hell. Also check your bibles. Follow who you will be it a priest a pastor or any other religous leader, but if you do not follow God you will not be with him when you leave this world.

Stepping off the soapbox now..
Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink HOW GOD WORKS!!!

Hi all you JESUS freaks .I'm new here.First Iwant to thank GOD for what he has done in my life.Now I want to thank sho .21 for asking your question and all who answered in a positive way.I Pray you all will realize how much impact you have had in my life.I found this forum on accident last night.I to have been struggeling with my priorities.For the last two years I have gotten deeper and deeper into r/c and further from CHRIST.Lord of the rings described the ring as "PRECIOUS".R/C everything become my precious.GOD was not first and my family and I were headed in a bad direction.The words of MR.Shookie jolted me, to say the least.Guys,I beg you if you have anything that stands between you and your relationship with CHRIST please get rid of it!
For me, after asking GOD what He wanted me to do He put it on my heart to get rid of it all as an act of faith and just trust.I know GOD knows and wants what is best for me and I know the rewards for obedience will be great.GOD is AWESOME and I feel so mush better.
It's nothing short of AWSOME how GOD showed me the wrong through a web site dedicated to the one thing that I allowed to come between HIM and I. WOW!

RE-BORN
Old 02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bnmbh
God hates us all .............................
I am sorry you feal that way but this isn't a hate forum. We share ideas and share our faith. If you don't agree that is fine but to post something to this which I quoted in a forum that is mainly veiwed by Believer's can only be taken as hatefull and non-effective.
Please read the rules of RCTECH.Net on this subject.
-Shookie
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Eternity is at stake, do you really want to find out that the only path to God is through Jesus Christ on judgment day? God through his grace and love gives all us sinners a chance to be saved.
Do you really want to be wrong?
Many will be lead down the wrong path. Do not be one of them.
God Bless
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

only u can be as close to god as u yourself wants to be,some people only get as close as they want to be because it might keep them from doing the things they r supposed to be doing,
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM

I am getting ready to put together my Easter sermon.

I thank God for what He has offered us.

There is so much to this faith that we have.

I look at the changed lives of the disciples for example. When Christ was crucified most of them ran away, but there was such a boldness afterwards after they saw the resurrected Christ. It changed the whole Roman empire, which is absolutely amazing.

I am preaching through the book of Acts at the moment, and it is absolutely amazing me. As huge numbers of people who had seen the crucifixion of Christ were turning to Christ in droves just months afterwards.

It is no secret that the life of Christ has changed the course of world history. I do not believe it would have had any impact had it not been for His resurrection.

Cmotif <
Oregon Pastor as I am known on other forums.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

only in a world where faith is difficult is faith possible.

for those that would rather place their faith in science

Francis Collins, head of the human genome project -> professed Christian
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by mach51
only in a world where faith is difficult is faith possible.

for those that would rather place their faith in science

Francis Collins, head of the human genome project -> professed Christian
Do you have more on Francis Collins, a link or anything?

Like your avatar by the way, have been a fan of Racers for Christ for years! Took PC9840 to one of their chapel services at Sears Point at the Fram Autolite Nationals back when this forum was new.

OP
Old 03-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

collins has a book called "Language of God" , I went to a lecture last month he gave. I dont agree with everything he says and his approach but at least he shows that top scientist can recognize that Gods hand is involved in the universe
Old 04-19-2007, 08:30 PM

A song lyric by Steve Taylor. He was a musician before he started producing The Newsboys.

Harder To Believe Than Not To

Nothing is colder than the winds of change
where the chill numbs the dreamer till a shadow remains
among the ruins lies your tortured soul
was it lost there
or did your will surrender control?

Shivering with doubts that were left unattended
so you toss away the cloak that you should have mended
don't you know by now why the chosen are few?
it's harder to believe than not to
harder to believe than not to

It was a confidence that got you by
when you know you believed it, but you didn't know why
no one imagines it will come to this
but it gets so hard when people don't want to listen

Shivering with doubts that you left unattended
so you toss away the cloak that you should have mended
don't you know by now why the chosen are few?
it's harder to believe than not to

Some stay paralyzed until they succumb
others do what they feel, but their senses are numb
some get trampled by the pious throng
still they limp along

Are you sturdy enough to move to the front?
is it nods of approval or the truth that you want?
and if they call it a crutch, then you walk with pride
your accusers have always been afraid to go outside

They shiver with doubts that were left unattended
then they toss away the cloak that they should have mended
you know by now why the chosen are few
it's harder to believe than not to...

I believe
Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

omg
Old 04-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Man, I had a tough phone call today, where someone was trying to tear my faith apart. Telling me that I couldn't speak of absolutes, and I need to go out and sit on the hillside and see all the trees, and then I would be empower and I guess enlightened into seeing that maybe there is more than one way to God.

Doesn't work that way for me. It is not like I have never seen a forest. You are going to see what you are going to see, but as for me, I see the trees, all the different kinds, and I see the creative work of God. I hear the cheerful, joyful voices of song birds that God created. I am amazed by the diversity in creation and I love it and I am thankful that God shared it with us.

I was trying to explain that I have come to know God through His word and He has been so good to me all these years. I know what it is like to be empowered, helped and protected by Him. I wasn't going to trade that for "I am open to every kind of silliness bowl of porridge."

I thank God that He is there and He has stepped into history, and we have written record of His work and His guidance for us in our time.

Cmotif

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.