Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: Wanted to Buy
WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC. >

WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.

Hi team.
Are after a couple of decent condition electronic speed controllers after helping two of my brothers by giving them my spare Roosters & I'm hoping someone here can please help. There are a few different models that Novak Rooster & that's not including the Crawler Rooster (not what I'm after) or the Super Rooster (might be if that's all that's out there). I'm after the Novak Rooster for off-road buggies (if I can get a couple of them that would be outstanding) of the last version they called the Novak Rooster Reversible 12T of which I've attached pictures. The other ESC I'd like to get hold of is the Tekin M-Star or the M-Star Gold (my preference) & I'll add a picture once I can find something decent. I do have PayPal & the funds waiting. My box art Kyosho Optima needs the 12T upgrade & it's a good move to have a spare. I can still get the Rooster 12T new but wanted to check what's available from here & hopefully someone wants the money.
Cheers John.
Attached Thumbnails WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3320.jpg   WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3318.jpg   WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3322.jpg   WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3323.jpg  
Old 12-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I have a Super Rooster I can do without. $30 shipped.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aaron2u
I have a Super Rooster I can do without. $30 shipped.
I'm going to have to hold off for now in the hope that someone has a 12T as that's my preference out of all of them & give it a few weeks as I don't expect much will happen until after New Years.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Does anyone have one of these speed controllers doing nothing & could do with the money more? I'd really appreciate the help in getting one please.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I've got some older Tekin ESCs. Any reason in particular you only want the M-Star?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta_man
I've got some older Tekin ESCs. Any reason in particular you only want the M-Star?
It was the one to have racing back in the day if you wanted to be competitive. I'd rather have a Rooster 12T truth be known but had to limit what I'm after or everyone would have something I'm not after but they want the money.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped & I might have to get a Rooster 12T new. I had found a website that said they still had them in stock but have since lost the link. Does anyone know of any other site that has them in stock?
Old 01-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can't go wrong with new. More $ but you know how much it hasn't been used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novak-Rooste...EAAOSwnHZYUFai
Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcmadkiwi
This isn't going as well as I'd hoped & I might have to get a Rooster 12T new. I had found a website that said they still had them in stock but have since lost the link. Does anyone know of any other site that has them in stock?
Just curious why you are intent on a Rooster 12T if you are going to have to buy new? I understand your previous explanation about not wanting to be inundated with offers for stuff people want to get rid of, but once you decide to buy new that's no longer an issue and I would figure you would consider other options with similar specs.

For instance the Tekin FX-R (which I don't have one to sell ) can be purchased from Tower Hobbies for less than that new Rooster 12T on eBay and has the same motor limit but more features.

If you were wanting that Tekin M-Star it can't be that you are just a Novak fanboy. What do you like about the Rooster 12T that the Tekin FX-R doesn't offer?
Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

I get the logic but I'm restoring vintage buggies & was after an upgrade for an older Rooster. Can't have a chassis that has a great racing heritage along with some of the fastest brushed motors made & use a budget or modern ESC. I'd much prefer not to buy new if possible but if nothing is forthcoming I might take the plunge & buy another brushless combo for the Optima & run it with lower spec 2S lipos I already have. If I can locate a M-star or even better the gold it'd be the perfect end to a custom vintage buggy build. I missed one on eBay just before Christmas & have been kicking myself ever since. It's not like I need something immediately to make something run that I want to use so will keep this thread active over our summer & then look at what's needed. Hopefully by then I will have sold a few more vintage Tamiya unused shelf queens & will have the finances required to buy new if that's what is required. Unfortunately I live outside of the USA & that seller doesn't want to send it further.

Edit. ta man, if you'd read the relevant information you would've realised I'm not after a crawler speed controller. Been there, done that, too slow & far too boring.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 01-01-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

I get the logic but I'm restoring vintage buggies & was after an upgrade for an older Rooster. Can't have a chassis that has a great racing heritage along with some of the fastest brushed motors made & use a budget or modern ESC. I'd much prefer not to buy new if possible but if nothing is forthcoming I might take the plunge & buy another brushless combo for the Optima & run it with lower spec 2S lipos I already have. If I can locate a M-star or even better the gold it'd be the perfect end to a custom vintage buggy build. I missed one on eBay just before Christmas & have been kicking myself ever since. It's not like I need something immediately to make something run that I want to use so will keep this thread active over our summer & then look at what's needed. Hopefully by then I will have sold a few more vintage Tamiya unused shelf queens & will have the finances required to buy new if that's what is required. Unfortunately I live outside of the USA & that seller doesn't want to send it further.

Edit. ta man, if you'd read the relevant information you would've realised I'm not after a crawler speed controller. Been there, done that, too slow & far too boring.
FX-R isn't just for crawlers. I have an FX-R pro in a 1/10th stadium truck (yes, I still race some 1/10th scales with brushed motors).

I find it surprising you would want a Rooster 12T for a restoration - they are the same vintage (meaning recent) as the Tekin FX series.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta_man
FX-R isn't just for crawlers. I have an FX-R pro in a 1/10th stadium truck (yes, I still race some 1/10th scales with brushed motors).

I find it surprising you would want a Rooster 12T for a restoration - they are the same vintage (meaning recent) as the Tekin FX series.
I don't know if what I posted was worded poorly as you don't appear to have understood it. The two ESCs are for two different buggies with only one being a restoration project for the shelf & the other originally a re-release kit I'm now using. It's great that you like Tekin, I've got one of their combos in my EP 8ight & it's better than anything I've had before. But not really relevant to what I'm trying to achieve regarding this thread. If I can't get any used speed controllers here I'm going to have to look at other options. But for now I can leave the Ayk Viper on the shelf without a speed controller fitted, use the Kyosho Optima with the older Rooster ESC & give this thread a few months to see if it'll bare fruit.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 01-02-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

I don't think you've read thoroughly what I've posted or at least don't understand it. I've not said I wanted the 12T for the restoration project at all & already stated what it was for.
No, I guess not.

I thought the two halves of this sentence were connected by the "&" and related to each other.

I get the logic but I'm restoring vintage buggies & was after an upgrade for an older Rooster.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I've picked up a new Futaba ESC & only got it because I really like using their RC gear & it was cheap. Have been told I'm unlikely to find anyone prepared to part with a M-star & I certainly don't blame them. A bit disappointed that absolutely no one wants to sell a Novak Rooster 12T but if I had one I'd hold onto it also. Are keeping an eye on eBay so hopefully it's a matter of time before I get one. There is one other Tekin Esc I'd quite like another of if possible - a Tekin TSC 410K have attached pictures of this type of speed controller.
Attached Thumbnails WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3839.jpg   WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3837.jpg   WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.-img_3838.jpg  
Old 01-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There is a rooster like the one you got from me on the E Bay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.