R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: Wanted to Buy

Old 11-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default WTB Novak ESC or similar for 1/10

Hi everyone. I'm
Looking for a esc for a mcpappy 2.5 race chassis I picked up. I just got a Novak ballastic 7.5 motor. Need a esc to run it. Would like a Novak impact or similar. I'm new to this oval race stuff so there might be something better I'm not sure. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thanks.
hvydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

I have a new Impact with one race night on it. (tested and kept as back-up) New they're $180, so this one can go for $140 shipped.
If you're new to oval, 7.5 motor is considered open mod and will be waaaay too stout for a newby to oval. May want to check with the track you plan on running to see what classes they offer and motor rules.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
I have a new Impact with one race night on it. (tested and kept as back-up) New they're $180, so this one can go for $140 shipped.
If you're new to oval, 7.5 motor is considered open mod and will be waaaay too stout for a newby to oval. May want to check with the track you plan on running to see what classes they offer and motor rules.
What would you recommend? A 4.5? I really don't have a clue. Haha. I got the chassis on a trade and figured I would finish it.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Most popular pan car classes on oval are running either a 17.5 or 13.5 for motor with one cell Lipo. 13.5 being a little faster than 17.5. Most pan car classes are also blinky ESC. (no timing)
Old 11-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
Most popular pan car classes on oval are running either a 17.5 or 13.5 for motor with one cell Lipo. 13.5 being a little faster than 17.5. Most pan car classes are also blinky ESC. (no timing)
I'm lost. Lol. What combo would you guys put in it? I got the 7.5 ballistic for $30 so not to much of a lose if I don't use it.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydg View Post
I'm lost. Lol. What combo would you guys put in it? I got the 7.5 ballistic for $30 so not to much of a lose if I don't use it.
Like I said, you should check with the track you plan on running at and see what everyone else is using. A 7.5 is gonna be ballistic!!! Again, will you be running one cell Lipo or something else? 13.5 spec. (blinky ESC) is popular all over. Still very quick. If you're just gonna run it in the street, anything will go motor-wise but expect speed. Lotta ESCs out there depending on class your running and money you want to spend. Hopefully someone locally can be of more help. All depends on what your purpose is. Racing or street bashing.