Wiki Posts
Search

WTB: 12yr Old's First (real) Off-road RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WTB: 12yr Old's First (real) Off-road RC

Hey guys and gals. Christmas is coming and I'm trying to encourage an OUTDOORS activity for my 12yr old. He spends far too much time playing video games when we let him. He seems to enjoy the racing games a lot, and made good use of the toy-level RC's he has had, so hopefully this will stick.

I'm looking for something in the vein of the Traxxas Rustler, Slash, Stampede, etc. Durable, relatively cheap, and easy to find parts for if necessary. We live in the rural Ozarks. So it'll be a basher in the yard, gravel roads, and through the trails in the woods. Budget is about $150. I'm hoping to get completely RTR.

Have something that fits?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by bkdroid
Hey guys and gals. Christmas is coming and I'm trying to encourage an OUTDOORS activity for my 12yr old. He spends far too much time playing video games when we let him. He seems to enjoy the racing games a lot, and made good use of the toy-level RC's he has had, so hopefully this will stick.

I'm looking for something in the vein of the Traxxas Rustler, Slash, Stampede, etc. Durable, relatively cheap, and easy to find parts for if necessary. We live in the rural Ozarks. So it'll be a basher in the yard, gravel roads, and through the trails in the woods. Budget is about $150. I'm hoping to get completely RTR.

Have something that fits?
first of all, good job in getting your son to spend more time outdoors they would really enjoy it. secondly if your budget is 150 then you better hope to dear god that you can find one that cheap. lastly if i was to personally choose i would go the stampede as it is pretty much indestructible. hope you have fun finding a good car.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I got a vettera Kermora rally with 4 NimH Packs for the spec class being held at RCMadness and Maximus
-1 Set of sweep Racing Tires
-I Set of Stock Tires
-Charger
-Transmitter
-Discharger
145 shipped and it's yours.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:01 AM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matson_Taylor1
first of all, good job in getting your son to spend more time outdoors they would really enjoy it. secondly if your budget is 150 then you better hope to dear god that you can find one that cheap. lastly if i was to personally choose i would go the stampede as it is pretty much indestructible. hope you have fun finding a good car.
"hope to dear god?? i just told my BRUSHLESS slash last night for 165 shipped it needed a radio but thats cheap these days!! Way to be positive with someone trying to do a "good job" as you said!!!

Internet trolls should be banned

That Vaterra Rally cars about about 125 -150 new and it comes with radio, charger and everything you need to run!!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

For $150 shipped lower 48 I can send you a 2wd stampede brushed and ready to go with a battery and charger. PM if interested
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Thumbs up Team Associated B4 Buggy & Brushless System!!!

I have something that you may be interested in!!
I have a Associated B4 buggy (it may be a Factory Team, but I'm not sure-so I'll just call it a regular B4 buggy). Everything you need minus battery & charger!! Here's a list of what's included.....

Team Associated RC10B4 buggy
BRAND NEW 100% tread Pro-Line Scrubs front tires
BRAND NEW 100% tread Pro-Line Suburbs rear tires
BRAND NEW Dynamite Fuze 6800KV Brushless System with Program Card (with box & instructions)
BRAND NEW Spektrum DX2.0 remote & Spektrum SR3000 receiver (with box)
BRAND NEW Futaba 3003 servo
1 Custom Painted Body & Wing (good shape)
1 newer painted body & wing (scuff on roof-excellent shape overall)

You can run this system on LIPO's, NI-MH, or NICD batteries!!
I'd send some NICD batteries, but batteries in general are a pain to ship (for me anyways).

I'd sell it to you & only you, for $150 SHIPPED!!!
I've got too many projects going on & not enough time to finish them. I don't have to sell the item, just wanted to give someone a good start in the hobby. If you need pics, just send me a PM!!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 AM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
I have something that you may be interested in!!
I have a Associated B4 buggy (it may be a Factory Team, but I'm not sure-so I'll just call it a regular B4 buggy). Everything you need minus battery & charger!! Here's a list of what's included.....

Team Associated RC10B4 buggy
BRAND NEW 100% tread Pro-Line Scrubs front tires
BRAND NEW 100% tread Pro-Line Suburbs rear tires
BRAND NEW Dynamite Fuze 6800KV Brushless System with Program Card (with box & instructions)
BRAND NEW Spektrum DX2.0 remote & Spektrum SR3000 receiver (with box)
BRAND NEW Futaba 3003 servo
1 Custom Painted Body & Wing (good shape)
1 newer painted body & wing (scuff on roof-excellent shape overall)

You can run this system on LIPO's, NI-MH, or NICD batteries!!
I'd send some NICD batteries, but batteries in general are a pain to ship (for me anyways).

I'd sell it to you & only you, for $150 SHIPPED!!!
I've got too many projects going on & not enough time to finish them. I don't have to sell the item, just wanted to give someone a good start in the hobby. If you need pics, just send me a PM!!
GET THIS ONE!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I would spend a little more and buy new. The Team Associated SC10 RTR isn't that much more from Amain or Tower Hobbies.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 174 (100%+)

decent deal but he says trials and gravel roads not sure a race b4 is best but its all on him I guess
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

For a basher - stick with Traxxas.... But $150 will not get you anything new..
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you everyone. I'll be lurking around from here on out, seems like a good community. I appreciate all of the great offers. I wish I could get one for myself at the same time. I've sent payment and am looking forward to getting his (our) Christmas present and "test-driving" it. Gotta make sure he'll enjoy it, right?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Payment received and will be shipping in the morning. Thank you for the nice and easy transaction.
Rod
Old 11-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkdroid
Thank you everyone. I'll be lurking around from here on out, seems like a good community. I appreciate all of the great offers. I wish I could get one for myself at the same time. I've sent payment and am looking forward to getting his (our) Christmas present and "test-driving" it. Gotta make sure he'll enjoy it, right?
I'm sure that you'll..I mean your son will have a blast..which one did ya get???
Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I'm sure that you'll..I mean your son will have a blast..which one did ya get???
Hotrod's Pede.