Custom Racing Light Setup

Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Custom Racing Light Setup

Hello all,

I'm looking to create a remote control starting light system for my professional/national touring monster truck racing series.

In short, I'm looking to create a 4-light system (2 yellow, 1 red, 1 green) that I can control each light individually and remotely from anywhere between 100-300 feet away.

I can construct a box and get the LED lights mounted and all, but I'm very green when it comes to wiring a remote control system, and making a physical remote control that will have 4 on/off switches, one for each of the lights.

If there is anyone out there with remote control experience that thinks they could wire something like this for me, I'd gladly pay for your service. If not, can anyone else guide me as to where I can find the wiring and parts to attempt and make this kind of remote controlled system?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I realize you want something custom, but would a drag racing system work for your needs? Here are some ideas that might help.

----------

Traxxas has a drag racing light system. Not sure if it would work for what you wanted, but here is a link (http://traxxas.com/products/parts/ac...agtimingsystem). There is a detailed video of how the system works on that web page.

There are some people who race high end drag cars in Indiana. Here is a link to their website (http://www.imdra.com/). I've watched one of their races and I believe they had a custom timing system. The website has a forum with posts in the last few days (so it is at least active). Someone there might be able to point you in the right direction.