Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas 1/16 servos "2080"

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Traxxas 1/16 servos "2080"

If anyone is looking to sell off or trade away one or some Traxxas servos for the Mini Slash, mini Revo, or mini summit, I am looking to stock up on them because I haven't had any luck with mine and they seem to die in a couple battery packs. If you'd like to work something out, prrivate message me with any offers and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Bump
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I don't have any servos for sale, but I've had a few of the traxxas 1/16 cars and you're right....those servos suck.
I replaced mine with a hitec hs-82mg over a year ago and haven't had problem since. They are only about $20 brand new and are easily waterproofed if that's a concern.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hey thanks man, I was starting to look for a proper replacement too so I wouldn't have to keep going through the Traxx-ass crap.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I used to race the mini revo EVERY Friday.
A word of advice, avoid the HS82mg. It is not digital and it is lazy and will not stay centered. For $5 dollars, you will get hundreds of runs out of your servo if not years.
Keep you digital Traxxas servo and remove the second one if installed because they will fight each other.
#1 Replace the gears with fresh ones. This is the 5 dollar cost.
#2 Adjust the steering travel of your remote (end points) You lift the front of the revo with your hand. After you do that, turn the steering with the remote all the way each direction. If the tires lift upward at all, you have too much travel.
#3 Remove the non functioning servo save. Replace if you want. Then take it apart and use smooth sandpaper in between the 2 sandwiches of the saver. I like to use ceramic grease as well but this may attract dirt. Test the servo saver with your hands. It should snap right back and be easy to activate it.
Reason 2 or 3 or both is the cause of the 16th scale servo problem. I know that because I would blow though gears every Friday during a race then someone let me in on the advice. If you do the things I just mention correctly, the problem will stop.
Hope it works for you!