Wiki Posts
Search

WTB Something for my 10 year old

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WTB Something for my 10 year old

Not sure what i am looking for. I do know i want electric,and 1/10 scale i think 4x4 will be easier for him to drive. I know he likes my buggy's but kids might be in to something today and not 2 min from now so i don't want to spend a lot till i know he wants to stay with it.So any ideas what do you have let me know Thanks Mark.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have no items to offer you, just some advice. As much as I don't care for Traxxas I would suggest Traxxas for a young beginner. Parts are readily available at most any hobby shop so if he breaks it he won't lose interest while waiting for parts. If you want to get him into racing I would stay away from Traxxas though. If racing I would suggest any short course truck, its generally the biggest class anywhere you go and there are plenty of beginners in the class.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I have a project underway that would fit the bill perfectly. Its a Traxxas stampede that ive built out of spare parts. Its mint and some of the parts are still in the mail on their way to me. When its done it will be XL5 Spec (metal gear transmission, waterproof XL5 ESC, NEW titan 12T motor) and will have a high end spektrum metal gear servo.

Also, its got a set of proline dirt paws on original stampede rims, a Proline T4 Cavaleri edition body, wheelie bar, ball bearings at all 4 wheels, RPM Gear cover, front bumper and rear arms. It will have a new traxxas TQ2 AM radio with the RX in a traxxas waterproof box. It will be geared 15/83 (perfect for the Titan motor)
Heres a pic of the truck now, its missing some parts (as I said they are paid for and shipped, should be in this week) but this is how it will look:

Id be looking for $150 RTR in need of ONLY a battery. Let me know if you have interest and I can update you further on the truck.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would also say traxxas for entry level. Their parts are easy to get, and they can take some beatings. Both of my boys (9yrs. and 10 yrs.) each have a electric rustler and stampede that they thrash around the yard, So I can save their short course trucks for the track Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes all help is good because i am lost.lol
Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you havent found anything yet let me know i have abunch of stuff
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

no have not found anything yet and really don't know which way to go.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
I have a project underway that would fit the bill perfectly. Its a Traxxas stampede that ive built out of spare parts. Its mint and some of the parts are still in the mail on their way to me. When its done it will be XL5 Spec (metal gear transmission, waterproof XL5 ESC, NEW titan 12T motor) and will have a high end spektrum metal gear servo.

Also, its got a set of proline dirt paws on original stampede rims, a Proline T4 Cavaleri edition body, wheelie bar, ball bearings at all 4 wheels, RPM Gear cover, front bumper and rear arms. It will have a new traxxas TQ2 AM radio with the RX in a traxxas waterproof box. It will be geared 15/83 (perfect for the Titan motor)
Heres a pic of the truck now, its missing some parts (as I said they are paid for and shipped, should be in this week) but this is how it will look:

Id be looking for $150 RTR in need of ONLY a battery. Let me know if you have interest and I can update you further on the truck.
While I'm not a Traxxas fan, I think this is the PERFECT solution for the OP. You're not going to come across a better price, for what you're getting here. It's a capable truck that your son can do a lot of different things with... Go offroad, race indoors open class, whatever... Go fast, jumps, bash, etc... Perfect! Parts readily available at most hobby stores.

For the record, I don't know this seller... Just came across the thread as I'm considering making a similar purchase for a friend.

To the OP. I'd really consider this one. Pick up a used charger, and some batteries, and you're all-in for $200 RTR. You'll never beat that price.

Or, if you're looking to go brand new, you can spend a little more $$$ and get this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ0143**
Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default 1/16 E-Revo

i have a nice little mini e-revo. its brushless and waterproof. will run on 2S or 3S batteries depending on how much speed you want...the replacement parts are really cheap. let me know if you want more info. here is a link. i ship fast.

$200 Shipped

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...za-roller.html
Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

pm sent to ya
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 that I can let go for $340 Shipped???

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...er-extras.html
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have an emaxx I will sell for $300 shipped. Comes with the 2.4 radio, 2 batteries, evx2 waterproof esc. Fresh painted body. Can get pics anytime.0